Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yep, it's sick - but I can't complain 'cos I'm the same in winter... Just come back from an enforced excursion around town and I can tell you, it's not fit for man nor beast out there ( I mean the weather, not the motley collection of boneheads it entices out). This is rapidly becoming one hateful summer.

Just think of your chillies lapping it up!

28.5c max - hottest of the year and first >28c day.

Dropped to 27.5c now under the occasional cloud but feeling very warm indeed out there with the humidity. 

Time for me to head out for a bike ride and then a few pints outside a pub - lovely!

Posted

The sea breeze has really kicked in now which has reduced the temperature to 21.9C from a max of 24.8C earlier.

It feels much better but it will no doubt kill any thundery showers that stray this way unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

South west England is now under a level 3 heatwave alert until 20:00 on Sunday evening

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 1544 on Sat 13 Jul 2013

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1500 on Saturday and 2000 on Sunday in parts of England.

High temperatures have been observed today, Saturday 13 July 2013, across Yorkshire and the Humber, the East of England, Southeast England, London and parts of Southwest England. High temperatures are expected to continue during Sunday 14 July across southern parts of the UK with threshold criteria being met in the Southwest, leading to a Heat Health Watch Level 3 here. Other mentioned areas remain at Level 2.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/

Both heathrow airport and Exeter Airports hit 30.0c earlier this afternoon this is higher now though with 30.3c at Exeter airport

Posted

This is WeatherFreak:D from my earlier post but I couldnt get on to this account earlier so I made a new one!

Got SO tantalisingly close to 30oC today but sadly only got to 29.5oC at 03.43pm, there is still a possibility of it rising just above that because it's still reading 29.1oC but looks very unlikely to reach 30oC :'( Hoping that that wont be the last of the extremely hot days, and I'm sure I heard someone saying about how next weekend could be, yet ANOTHER scorcher! perhaps I will hit 30oC then? Hate it when it gets this close (SO close yet SO far!) yet even just down the road in Watford it is reading 30oC yet St.Albans only 29oC on Accuweather, humidity is also high at 50% though so it really doesn't feel to pleasant..

Posted

Good morning, weatherfreak:D and welcome to netweather. Could you please put your location into your profile? Posted Image

Sorry, I'm weather freak but I signed in on my old account that I opened when I didn't really know how to use this forum ahah, but yes, I live in St.Albans, Hertfordshire :)

Posted

I've only just gone and hit 30.0oC, my theory is that it is the way the sun came round and was just a touch closer to the sensor than it had been during the day although it was of course still in the shade, I also have another sensor exactly next to it which is black that hit 30.6oC but atleast I can say I officialy hit 30oC this year, didn't last year! :/

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Horribly hot and no sign of a let up. Hopefully the nights will be cooler next week so I can get the heat out of the house.

Posted

Hopefully we will pull in some really warm uppers and reach mid/high thirties. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Yeah, just need some 15C+ uppers and 35C would be on the cards. 20C uppers and we could be talking 40C Posted Image

Posted

You can look after my children then!

Posted

Would love to see the mid to high 30's just for the experience in the UK because I don't remember it from 2003 or 2006 but I think I would HAVE TO go out and buy an air conditioner, don't even care how much it is! hahah

I only have a small room and so would on only need a small one, last night my room didn't get below 26oC.... That's just WAY to hot for sleeping under a relatively thick duvet! haha

Temperature update: 28.9oC

Posted

Eased right off to a satsifying 24.5 here from the thirty c mark eariler. Looking out of my window to the SE I can see that storm cell near the wash!!! And I'M IN BARNSLEY.... how big is that sucker?

A very warm day here with a lot of sunshine, which turned turned hazy for a while due to some high cloud (initially cirrus which turned/spread into Cirrostratus), this started midday, with cloud amounts peaking early afternoon, and then dispersing later afternoon.

Max Temps Blackpill 27.6c 

and Mumbles 27.4c (this peaked at 7pm) after being 19.7c at 3pm. The winds turning off shore made a big difference.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

its still 25°c, looks like a uncomfortable nights sleep ahead but Im glad its starting to feel like summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

its still 25°c, looks like a uncomfortable nights sleep ahead but Im glad its starting to feel like summer.

These sort of temperatures do come with their drawbacks but you have summed it up perfectly. And that is its weather that is worthy of the name Summer. No NW/SE split with those in Scotland moaning its just in the teens. No horrid showery cool northwesterlies with 'Feeling Autumnal' headlines everywhere. Just some long over due summer sunshine and high temperatures. The only people who can say they have not experienced anything from this heatwave are those in East Kent and the Norfolk and Suffolk coast.

Posted

These sort of temperatures do come with their drawbacks but you have summed it up perfectly. And that is its weather that is worthy of the name Summer. No NW/SE split with those in Scotland moaning its just in the teens. No horrid showery cool northwesterlies with 'Feeling Autumnal' headlines everywhere. Just some long over due summer sunshine and high temperatures. The only people who can say they have not experienced anything from this heatwave are those in East Kent and the Norfolk and Suffolk coast.

But thats the set up we have got though? Its the classic summer pattern where Northern Scotland is more proned to cloud and quite modest temperatures with the southern areas sunnier and hot.

If the models are correct in their thinking, the 2nd part of next week may see NW Scotland perhaps being more sunny and being quite warm. Long way off yet though for that too happen. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

31.4c is the official highest temperature hit today at London Heathrow

Wales also saw its highest 2013 temperature with 30.2 C at Llysdinam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Loved today - lovely & sunny throughout with max 28.5c and the first day this year I'd call 'hot' (I think 28c is the boundary line from warm to hot).

Cloud did bubble up during the afternoon but gladly the t-storm passed 15 miles to my south (didn't want it today!).

Spent late afternoon out in a field chilling & chatting to friends then on to the pub for a couple. Boiling inside the pub - had to be outside! 

Then a lovely cycle home and still 22c when I get home. And even better-  no sign of any change to normal boring cool weather - woo!

31.4c is the official highest temperature hit today at London Heathrow Wales also saw its highest 2013 temperature with 30.2 C at Llysdinam

Likes of Reading, Bournemouth up into W London zones, looking favourable for just and I mean just short of 32C..Phew. Not bad considering. Bottoms up!

Not a bad prediction by yours truly, late yesterday evening :) phew it was a close call..

Posted

18-22oC is my CZ, but do not get me wrong I like a bit of good weather, but like the extremes to be limited.

Well if they were limited they wouldn't be extremes surely ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yeah, just need some 15C+ uppers and 35C would be on the cards. 20C uppers and we could be talking 40C Posted Image

Please be careful what you wish for as it may come true. Posted Image 

I see the last ten days of July 2013 being particularly noteworthy for heat and occasional isolated storms. I believe the models will firm up on this as we go through next week, which is looking equally warm.