Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted

Today is the first day of the spell when I felt particularly uncomfortable out there during the afternoon, mainly because the 28-degree heat has been accompanied by a close, stuffy, airless feel, unlike on previous hot days.  Tuesday was about as hot as today, but nowhere near as uncomfortable.

Philip Eden at Climate-uk.com has England and Wales sunshine up at 152% of normal for the 1st-10th July, in spite of the 1st-5th having been a couple of percentage points below normal.  Given that the reasonably clear anticyclonic spell looks like continuing until at least the 20th now, many parts of the country could be staring at one of the driest and sunniest Julys on record, in stark contrast to last year.

I have a lot of respect for Phip Eden but that website is one of the worst weather websites I have ever viewed. Shame because the man really knows his stuff weather wise. I can't see the figures for July 1-10th at all. When I click on 'this month' it gives me the figures for June. Maybe I am doing something wrong ??

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The warmest day ive recoreded so far this year today,max temp 26.8c

Still very warm for the time of evening current temp 22.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have a lot of respect for Phip Eden but that website is one of the worst weather websites I have ever viewed. Shame because the man really knows his stuff weather wise. I can't see the figures for July 1-10th at all. When I click on 'this month' it gives me the figures for June. Maybe I am doing something wrong ??

The stats are on the main homepage:

http://climate-uk.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

His website works a lot better on Internet Explorer than on other browsers as I think it was made in MS Word - not exactly the best web authoring tool - but does the job!

Lovely warm evening - still over 22c at 10pm. So nice being free to wear not alot with everything all wide open - got a nice fragrant breeze coming in the window next to me right now. This is just how summer should be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Very much enjoying this long spell of fine weather although to hot, I really don't mind as it's a sunny high (mostly) if it was unstable airmass doesn't mean storms as we know from past experiences, I'd rather be sun baving then worry if the tstorms going to turn up far less stress I can tell u!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Enjoyed today we got up to 25.5c which is great considering look north said it would only be 18c thomaz from bbc just said on 5 live this high pressure could be with us for at least 10 days or so B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

High of 25.6C but the hottest day I've felt yet, very hazy skies though, felt VERY humid. Still 18C now, too warm :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Seems Bramham near Leeds was the UK hotspot today at 29.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

cannot complain really the temps are great and by far the best spell if the only good spell in july since 2006 here,yet it is a little disappointing how much cloud we are getting,this last week we have had a full cloudy day and two half cloudy days.Maybe I an harking back to those spells of weeks of sunshine from first light to dusk!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Upgrade on the GFS 18z methinks - shows 29-30C on Weds & Thurs for here again, and above 25C on every day. Even Scotland looks pleasantly warm.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

30c will finally be hit tomorrow we may even squeeze a 33c or even 34c in some spots the heatwave will last right through next week as well looking at the models with temperatures in the mid to high 20's every day away from the coast

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

We've been overdue a decent July, and whilst this won't go down anywhere near one of the hottest (July 2006 average max temp was about 28C here) It is definitely notable due to the length of it. This could last into August and potentially beyond. From next weekend onwards as the high shifts further east this could allow us to tap onto some real heat, possible temps of 35C perhaps if we can get right positioning of the high (this is a big if)

We haven't seen above 33C since 2006 so it would be interesting to see if we could reach the mid 30s again, we have dry and warm ground to provide the basis for it, and I believe the record for July stands at 36.5C which isn't all too high considering the record for August is 38.5C, 2C higher.

Of course this is all just fantasy, but nice to think about!

Whether we break record top temps is one thing, actual longevity another...

If we're still discussing heat by this time next week, and beyond, then who knows? Not even many of the experts and no offence, predicted this..this could well be a relatively rare moment for our shores, but as always time shall tell.

Trying to keep a realistic stance amongst some of the hype :) Which may or may not as yet be justified..boy it's a long road ahead!

Not a night for sleeping, still, who cares :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Whether we break record top temps is one thing, actual longevity another...

If we're still discussing heat by this time next week, and beyond, then who knows? Not even many of the experts and no offence, predicted this..this could well be a relatively rare moment for our shores, but as always time shall tell.

Trying to keep a realistic stance amongst some of the hype Posted Image Which may or may not as yet be justified..boy it's a long road ahead!

Not a night for sleeping, still, who cares Posted Image

Indeed! If we are still in a similar position next week then it will be good news! (for most of us) 

My lawn is starting to look like it did during the 90s and early 00s - brown and dead. Walking about and it looks the same everywhere, definitely a proper summer feel to the country!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes looks like the horrid weather will continue for sometime. Deep FI shows a glimmer of hope if the high positions itself to the North west allowing cooler fresher air to north and east.

Only good bit is the dry weather will finally make the garden stop growing. At the moment there's enough moisture still in there to keep everything growing like mad.

Posted

This sunny and very warm spell is very nice! I'm only 17 and so the last time I can remember a spell like this was 7 years ago and, of course, I was only 10 and so I can only remember very little from it! Looks like it's here to stay as well!

Going to be a VERY hot one here today! The highest I've recorded so far is 28.6oC on the 7th and that will be smashed today, possibly 31oC here if the predicted low cloud and developing thunderstorms stay just to the north and east of us!

Will update later on in the day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good morning, weatherfreak:D and welcome to netweather. Could you please put your location into your profile? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Just about to pass 20c here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Already 21.5C here with bright sunshine, going to be a hot day, wonder how many places will see 30C+?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

As suggested by others, it's 21c/22c in places already so today will surely be the hottest of the year. It could be possibly breach 90F in a localised spot somewhere, if the endless blue skies I'm seeing here in Newbury are repeated elsewhere. Fluids at the ready! Posted Image

Here's the current top five Temps, courtesy of weatheronline.co.uk

UK - Current Temperature

Saturday 13 Jul 2013 08:00 BST

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Hit 20C about 5 minutes ago here, with temperatures on the up. Not sure if it'll hit 30C later though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

25.4c already here! Not even 10am yet - a real proper hot day and something I've not experienced in many years in the UK. 30c surely today if not higher!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

Temperature already 23.8C here, no chance of reaching 30C, sea breeze will set in soon Posted Image