Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2013: thoughts, prospects and forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I'm more than happy to accept a link between low Solar activity and changes to the PFJ, Fred. It's just the shapes of Solar surface-features that tweak my scepticism...Posted Image 

Indeed and that's why its just something I'm looking at for any substance/correlation Posted Image

BFTP

Lucan Co Dublin

Excellent, can you add it to your profile Posted Image

BFTP

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

You think it's pretty grim? Who are you and why have you hacked into laserguy's account?

Who has hacked in to somebody else's account?, as the global warming brigade say to the global cooling brigade, any evidence???

• Like 1

Posted

In the afternoon it turned white here, Wet snow ! but did settle though and it wasn't expected which made it even better and a good covering we had at thatPosted Image

It then froze overnight Posted Image  It was the earliest snow i remember prior to winter Posted Image

Yes, I wasn't a million miles away from you that night - Northfield - definitely stuck and stayed the whole night.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Interesting 00z GFS.  SE and S flow for early part of Oct with a linking HP from SW to the one to our ESE.  The ridge grows over us keeping us in mild to v mild conditions.  At end of run [12th Oct] we see LP developments to our NW.  Now i've suggested mid month for the change to a different animal and LPs with accompanying gales to start in NW.  I'm going to watch the runs with interest to see how it pans out. Knowing the models, it'll turn out well different to that scenario and I'll be miles off track Posted Image ...but for now there is interest as there seems a little bit of consistency in the flow from a S quadrant to dominate for a while yet.

Anyone heard of Ulric Lyons?

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

CFS for October

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A closer view shows high pressure close by to our south with temperatures average to slightly above

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Who has hacked in to somebody else's account?, as the global warming brigade say to the global cooling brigade, any evidence???

The joke clearly went over your head.

Unless you're making a joke which has gone over my head.

• Like 1

Posted

The joke clearly went over your head.

Unless you're making a joke which has gone over my head.

No, maybe I haven't been reading all the posts or just don't get it properly.

• Like 1

Posted

And it's changed again!

And it's changed again!

Sorry, I didn't mean that to go in this thread anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Some great charts there feb1991blizzard.  Unfortunately the 1st and 3rd charts will be too mild for cold and snow.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted

Some great charts there February1991Blizzard.  Unfortunately the 1st and 3rd charts will be too mild for cold and snow.

3rd one im only saying at 1700ft and 1330ft, ht of those two mountains.

1st one- or round about that date has 8c uppers around with POTENTIAL ppn.

Posted Image

Remember Oct 08 didn't have to have brutal uppers

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

No, maybe I haven't been reading all the posts or just don't get it properly.

laserguy hates sunny weather yet found Wednesday's dullness to be grim, so I joked that it wasn't really him sitting behind the computer.

• Like 1

Posted

laserguy hates sunny weather yet found Wednesday's dullness to be grim, so I joked that it wasn't really him sitting behind the computer.

Ye - really was me! And ye it was grim, the overcast was accompanied by a strange heaviness and melancholy. But it wasn't as grim as today which yet again could pass as an excerpt from July just gone. Now that is Grim...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Posting this from a mobile device so I can't upload the image but look at this low!

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php?ech=1080&mode=0&carte=0&run=3

Shame it's a million miles away!

• Like 2

Posted

Posting this from a mobile device so I can't upload the image but look at this low!http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php?ech=1080&mode=0&carte=0&run=3Shame it's a million miles away!

Nice. Wish we had that now 'cos autumn hasn't even started here,yet. Another shocker of a day more like midsummer. It's nothing short of evil and stretching my endurance to the absolute limit. Meanwhile those guys in the southwest are having a lovely day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Nice. Wish we had that now 'cos autumn hasn't even started here,yet. Another shocker of a day more like midsummer. It's nothing short of evil and stretching my endurance to the absolute limit. Meanwhile those guys in the southwest are having a lovely day.

Autumn definitely isn't here either. None of the leaves are turning, and although the conquers are really swelling we haven't had any wind to take them off the trees. I want a storm, badly.
  • Like 2

Posted

Autumn definitely isn't here either. None of the leaves are turning, and although the conquers are really swelling we haven't had any wind to take them off the trees. I want a storm, badly.

Leaves are just on the turn now, but they'll still be there in bloody Spring at this rate if there's no wind to bring 'em down. God I hope the change comes with the abruptness and ferocity of a nuclear bomb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Trees are changing here and in Leeds with some reds and oranges appearing. Don't want a storm to knock all the leaves off the trees - I want to see them change colour and put on a fantastic display first.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Trees are changing here and in Leeds with some reds and oranges appearing. Don't want a storm to knock all the leaves off the trees - I want to see them change colour and put on a fantastic display first.

In terms of leaf colour i'd say we're around 40% of the way there, i agree that i don't want bare trees.

To those saying it's being like summer, i'd say it feels more like Spring with the clear skies but below 25C and cool mornings.

• Like 2