Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot spell and possible breakdown discussion & temperature reports July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Think Saturday nights storms will miss me to the East, still no breakdown as such here, did have storms though tues morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Reached 24.8c in Reading today after another 5 consecutive days of it being 25c+. Must say this has been a glorious July, last time I experienced this kind of persistent heat has to be 2003 as i was not in the UK during the famous July 2006 spell. Had 18 days of temperatures of 25c or above, including 7 consecutive days of temperatures between 28c - 30c and 2 days of temperatures above 30c

First proper rainfall this morning in three weeks accumulating to just 4mm bringing the total for this month at and grand total of 6.2mm. This could all change by the end of the month though especially if we are lucky to catch any storms this weekend, just missed being hit head on the other day.

25C max, warm night yet again, less than a few minor blips into the foreseeable..

Bar last nights periods of rain, Monday's storms, relatively dry still. Warmth set to continue further, with any slight shift, the hotter conditions over mainland Europe are only a sea track away..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

After a lovely warm evening and a low of 16.8c its now a clear sunny day - perfection for a Friday and a bbq this evening.

21c so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Surprised this thread is still open as it's not hot anymore.

Was looking forward to a warm sunny day today. Sadly not the case. Bring back high pressure! 

Posted

All of the heat of the last few weeks and humidity has really combined to give us some really awesome storms last 2 days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It's open because its every bit as warm here as its been over the last few weeks. Lets look at my temps this month with graph:

post-94-0-03654700-1374839943_thumb.png

(todays max is so far and is likely to rise).

The warm spell began around the 4th but if you see my graph the maxes & mins this week exceed most days until we hit the 12th. And the average rises with night minima especially have kept rising. Bar last weekends dirge fest this warm spell (yes not 'hot') is still very much underway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It's been nice and warm here recently but cloudy too - in fact, I think there is a strong possibility that this month will have below-average sunshine hours at Church Fenton. We're currently at 192.1 hours as of the 25th (average is 205.9). 4.4 hours so far today. This will end up as one of our warmest July's on record, but far from being one of our sunniest, and certainy way duller than July 2006. Looks like it will end up being similar to May 2012 and duller than April 2011. A bit disappointing considering how dry and warm it has been, but most days were plagued by convective cloud that seemed to form along a line of convergence along the Pennines and then slowly drift east, as well as a bit of low cloud on some mornings. Certainly one of the duller places in England this month (Filton near Bristol has over 260 hours already!). Places like Rostherne have also been considerably sunnier than us, even though that area of the country is duller than us in every month of the year (inland).

Edited by cheese

Posted

25.7c here now - perhaps a 26c today so definitely a warm one - well very warm with humidity and some 3c higher than predictions.

Bizarre - BBC predictions were often too high the last few weeks, now they're too low! Wonder why...

Posted

Warm again here aswell with a max temp of 25.1C.

Ironically here the last three days have been the warmest of the month.

Very decent weather again here today, in fact there hasn't been a bad day here this week, most have contained some decent sunny spells, but not quite the amount of sunshine of recent weeks, Even the rain came Wednesday night into Thursday (15mm).

Max Temps 22.6c, and feeling very warm in the afternoon sun.

Given that some areas are still seeing above 25s, it makes sense to keep this thread open until the end of the month.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

Warm again here aswell with a max temp of 25.1C.

Ironically here the last three days have been the warmest of the month.

Funny eh - whilst everyone was posting away and reporting high temps I had it distinctly average and you had it damn right cool. Now everyones lost interest/not getting high temps so much anymore we're getting our warmest weather. This and parts of last week have been by far the best part of this warm spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Amusingly the highest recorded temperature today was again 27.9C at Gravesend, same highest temperature as yesterday

Posted

I apparently reached 28.4oC here yesterday and 26.0oC the day before..

It did reach 27.9oC in Gravesend yesterday but I think it was more like 26oC here but oh well.. Still was very warm and sunny! :) Had a BBQ and then went camping :)

Posted

Just hit 26.5oC here again today! Madness! Yesterday we was predicted 19oC here as a high with heavy rain and storms, obviously that's taken longer than forecast to get here and we have had bright blue skies all morning with some high cloud drifting about, some mid-level cloud reaching up into the high cloud atm too just above me but bright blue sky around it and so just waiting for that to pass! I will put up my temperature stats in a minute :)

date. high  low

02.07.13 20.2

03.07.13 22.6 14.2

04.07.13 25.2 11.7

05.07.13 27.5 12.2

06.07.13 29   12.4

07.07.13 28.6 14.2

08.07.13 26   14.5

09.07.13 26.7 11.1

10.07.13 22.8 12.5

11.07.13 22.2 11.5

12.07.13 25.2 10.7

13.07.13 30   13.8

14.07.13 28.4 16.5

15.07.13 28.7 14.4

16.07.13 31.2 15.6

17.07.13 30.9 16.1

18.07.13 28.1 15.8

19.07.13 29   15.2

0.07.13 24.1 15.6

21.07.13 26.3 16

22.07.13 32.1 15.3

23.07.13 28.9 19.4

24.07.13 28   15.8

25.07.13 26   16.8

26.07.13 28.4

27.07.13   13.5

Edited by ARW WeatherMan

Posted

Another fabulous day here - 26c (predicted 24c) with ample hazy sunshine and light winds.

Warm spell very much still going strong here!

Posted

Warm spell very much still going strong here!

Apart from a shower on Tues morning amidst hysterical warnings of widespread destruction, it never went away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Apart from a shower on Tues morning amidst hysterical warnings of widespread destruction, it never went away.

Indeed, barrie...Us on the eastern side have done far 'better', since the NE wind disappeared...After a murky morning, sat under that darned anvil, it's now hot, sunny and muggy...The bees and butterflies are loving it!Posted Image 

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

26.3c max today and nice 'n humid. 

Perhaps some hefty rain later although I know of someone who will be hoping not having been flooded out in last Tuesdays deluge.

Posted

the 18th day this month with temperatures over 25C and had 6 with over 30C, some while since that happened

Remember in early even mid June when the talk was summer is over from some?

2006 when I had 25 or 26 days over 25C and 11 days over 30C peaking with 33.7C on the 17th, so this month will not reach those levels, the mean Max then was 28.0C, currently 26.1C for this month in my back garden

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

the 18th day this month with temperatures over 25C and had 6 with over 30C, some while since that happened

2006 when I had 25 or 26 days over 25C and 11 days over 30C peaking with 33.7C on the 17th, so this month will not reach those levels, the mean Max then was 28.0C, currently 26.1C for this month in my back garden

you may get another 35+ deg as you did in bawtry in 1906  on sept 1st [see 'will it ever reach 40 ' thread]

Posted

hi-yes

That figure has a degree of doubt about it when you read all the comments about it. That said the synoptic situation, 850mb temps etc was supportive of that figure. A shame the records are no longer available or when I wrote was told they were not. It is now a top class dining place I believe!

With respect your exposure is quite generous, Heathrow Airport has recorded 5 maxima over 30° this month, with only one day at Doncaster Robin Hood Airport.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But...We all need pay attention to the anomalies??