Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 18z 28/07/13

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Posted Image If that is a cool outlook then I wonder what a warm one is? Temperatures on that chart could be in the mid 20's celcius across much of southern UK and into the low 20's in parts of the north as well

As snowking alluded to, its not a heatwave of July proportions, but the ECM coming out now shows the sort of temperatures indicated as above throughout the output so far - at least from early to midweek after a slightly cooler weekend and start to next week. Decently warm for sure and good enough for most for the second half of August

Yes tamara, if that's a cool outbreak, bring it on, looks great to me, mid 20's c is perfect temp.Posted Image

• Like 9

As long as we get a decent warm sunny spell, Id be happy, not to fussed on any heatwave. 

Into the weekend and it seems the  over 10c 850hpa expands over Southern Briatain, so certainly warm/very warm. for these areas.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1922.gif

Also very much looking towards the South West as well, will that Low Presure stay away.

Edited by J10
  • Like 5

Posted

Personally I still think next week's mini low is being overdone - I can't ever recall a low deeping like that in summer with pressure high. I think GFS will be closest to the mark

Posted

Personally I still think next week's mini low is being overdone - I can't ever recall a low deeping like that in summer with pressure high. I think GFS will be closest to the mark

hot or very warm then, it's win win either way, next week looks like becoming sunny and warm or very warm, magic.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Nothing clear cut for next weeks weather....Now, it seems! Ecm really does not hold promise of any longevity of high pressure. Reading between the lines though between the gfs and ecm  a lot of good weather for many next week away from the north, but as for detail, forget it...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Trust the ECM to crash the party! Even the brief warm up the gfs 12z shows is under attack tonight, with the ecm showing a cooler outlook.

Posted Image

As long as them 20c uppers remain over Ibiza, I couldn't care less, although I'd like to see them lower uppers loop round down by Portugal through the Strait of Gibraltar to give some classic Mediterranean MCS's which will actually mean business while I'm there! 

Summer is coming into a close now, but who knows what may happen! All I know is, we are pretty much past the best time for proper heat now. Not that it won't happen though, as even in October, we saw 30c back in 2011. 

More runs will be needed to justify the outcome of these next 2 weeks, so I'm still holding my breath. 

Posted

Well in my opinion the Ecm 12z is fantastic tonight, high pressure domination after the weekend until the end of the run and beyond... and as good a bank holiday weekend as we could hope for with temps well into the 20's celsius, mid to high 20's c further south/se and low to mid 20's c for central & northern uk, these charts look superb, if this verified it would be an increasingly wonderful week ahead after the recent unsettled cooler blip and tomorrows wind and rain, lots of sunshine and the warmth increasing, what could be better in late summer..BANK Posted Image

post-4783-0-15336200-1376681072_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-31930300-1376681118_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-26732100-1376681128_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-92013700-1376681145_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-45561300-1376681156_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-54290700-1376681164_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-89095100-1376681172_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-72106300-1376681182_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-73335600-1376681191_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-80147700-1376681200_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-90914200-1376681210_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-34915300-1376681220_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-54679500-1376681232_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-78102500-1376681240_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-07021200-1376681250_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-70775100-1376681262_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-51541700-1376681271_thumb.pn

Edited by Frosty039
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, there is an ever-increasing number of stonkers coming out just now. I hope I've not put the kibosh on it all!Posted Image 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

sensational ecm 12z with gorgeous summer weather on the way for the vast majority as we head through next week,]

BANKPosted Image

Yep totally agree. plenty of warmth along with some thundery downpours!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Trust the ECM to crash the party! Even the brief warm up the gfs 12z shows is under attack tonight, with the ecm showing a cooler outlook.

Posted Image

+8 to +10 uppers are hardly cool are they? lets be honest

I'm sorry but I can't see anything "cool" on tonight's ECM run temperature would be into the 20's widely maybe even towards the high 20's in some spots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

I would happily take the GEFS 12z control run too, it becomes very warm or hot, especially in the south & east and even by september 1st it's hot in the south, it's also a generally settled run with lots of sunshine but a rather higher risk of a scattering of thundery showers breaking out as time goes on, however you slice it, it looks like a very summery outlook to me, especially for the south & east.

post-4783-0-95821300-1376685242_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-26832900-1376685252_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-52033400-1376685260_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-75027000-1376685269_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-64291400-1376685277_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-59810700-1376685286_thumb.pn

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

While i'm sure your all focused on the coming warm spell (and rightly so) and interesting trend has emerged on the GFS on the 12z, 0z and now tonights 12z with a potential shift in heights over the pole and especially the Greenland area.

Right now we have low heights but by day 10 now we have heights building north which could (and on this run does) evolve into a much cooler setup...

Posted Image

Posted Image

We have a low dropping to 978mb tomorrow. It may not be normal but i would not rule it out.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

While i'm sure your all focused on the coming warm spell (and rightly so) and interesting trend has emerged on the GFS on the 12z, 0z and now tonights 12z with a potential shift in heights over the pole and especially the Greenland area.

Right now we have low heights but by day 10 now we have heights building north which could (and on this run does) evolve into a much cooler setup...

Posted Image

Posted Image

We have a low dropping to 978mb tomorrow. It may not be normal but i would not rule it out.

I believe he is referring to something like this

Posted Image

I do it surprising that such a small feature develops and over-ride the building pressure from the south.

I have to admit it doesn't look right, but in the end the weather will do what it likes and makes fools of the lot of us sometimes.

As for the Greenland pressure rise - there have been charts like that all summer where the Azores high makes it to the tip of Greenland, but no sustained heights build as the ridge topples. Like the 12Z GFS today so I don't think it's much to look out for at the moment. 

Model output

GFS good even with the shortwave

UKMO looks ok, T144 looks good.

ECM - ??? T120-T144, really? Disappointed with the run and also the ensembles which have shunted the real warmth southwards. Plus winds north of east for the latter half of the run which is never good for the eastern half of the UK

GEM is superb and best run of the lot.

I am concerned with the ECM output as it's not downgrading that low, if anything it's upgrading it. Whilst I personally think it's wrong it has been showing it in a timeframe where the ECM usually rules supreme and with the ensembles now starting to back it, this shortwave may start to cause havoc with our developing high.

Hope the ECM backs off its solution.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

I believe he is referring to something like this

Posted Image

I do it surprising that such a small feature develops and over-ride the building pressure from the south.

I have to admit it doesn't look right, but in the end the weather will do what it likes and makes fools of the lot of us sometimes.

As for the Greenland pressure rise - there have been charts like that all summer where the Azores high makes it to the tip of Greenland, but no sustained heights build as the ridge topples. Like the 12Z GFS today so I don't think it's much to look out for at the moment. 

Model output

GFS good even with the shortwave

UKMO looks ok, T144 looks good.

ECM - ??? T120-T144, really? Disappointed with the run and also the ensembles which have shunted the real warmth southwards. Plus winds north of east for the latter half of the run which is never good for the eastern half of the UK

GEM is superb and best run of the lot.

I am concerned with the ECM output as it's not downgrading that low, if anything it's upgrading it. Whilst I personally think it's wrong it's showing it in a timeframe where the ECM usually rules supreme and with the ensembles now starting to back it, this shortwave may start to cause havoc with our developing high.

Hope the ECM backs off its solution.

True and true although its just a trend and not far off.

Not a fan of the likely more humid euro tonight and the Jma is comical developing a sub-tropical storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

True and true although its just a trend and not far off.

Not a fan of the likely more humid euro tonight and the Jma is comical developing a sub-tropical storm.

Ha that's completely mental. that would give Portugal a real pasting eventually.

GFS not going for the ECM solution, holding the low further west and not really affecting the UK

Posted Image

Again excellent further on

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Given what we are seeing, I think this is worth a bump:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77405-model-output-discussion-18z-280713/page-29#entry2764974

It could be chance I suppose, but I wish we had access to MOGREPS et al.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Outstanding GFS 18z, reminiscent of July with temperatures mid to high 20s touching 30c by the later part of the working week ahead! Tuesday is when the real warmth kicks in but Wednesday when it becomes very warm for some.

Posted

Yes that GFS 18Z is probably the best run yet, but I am mindful of its reputation as the 'pub run'. Hopefully it has picked up a trend though as it's one of the hottest runs yet- the low 30s would be reached in the south by next weekend if it came off.

• Like 1