Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

OK, where is the sun and warm?  been spoilt the last few days with temps in the high teens and unbroken blue skies, it is colder *inside* here than it was outside in Dorset.  Had to put a sweatshirt on (only had to do that outside at night this week)

Posted

Lovely FI chart from the 6Z

Have you not got any from the Winter of 2013/14 yet either??!!! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

We might have a spectacular sunset here, from 15 to 45 minutes from now. A few ingredients in place...

However there is too much stratus currently, which would spoil things. If there was a weather god(dess), he'd / she'd eliminate stratus / stratocumulus cloud for the most part, as it adds very little to a weather aficionados likes for the most part. :(

Having said that, if it persists, then at least I've an excuse for not getting off my lazy backside to take some photos! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Not exactly weather related I know but a bit of food for thought here....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Yes, that's all very well, but WHEN WILL IT SNOW IN REIGATE??!!

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Not exactly weather related I know but a bit of food for thought here....image.jpg

Funny you post that. The other day, my wife was moaning about the traffic, and that she will be late for her hair appointment (very important I know 😄) then I started quoting facts about space the universe etc etc, and in the grand scheme of things that's pertty insignificant. She just looked at me blankly and said 'Just find a Quicker way' I'm so glad my eldest son, is interested in nature, stars and all things outdoors. So when he grows up, I will have a great companion to talk about these interesting things. BTW - If the cloud clears, I'm really looking forward to seeing the partial Lunar eclipse. I totally forgot about that, thanks for the reminder ðŸ‘
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The stratus came in with a vengeance here, before sunset (and just afterwards) Not confident of sky viewing here. Never say never though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rather cloudy day today, had some sunshine from time to time but nothing much. No moon for me :(

Posted

The stratus came in with a vengeance here, before sunset (and just afterwards) Not confident of sky viewing here. Never say never though. :)

Clearing here now mate. Hopefully the clear skies will be with you soon.

Posted

My met office app has shown continuous thunder in Brighton on Sunday from the early hours until the early hours Monday for a few days now. Do you think that is right??

Edited by EJA
  • Like 1

Posted

Interesting... Would be nice if this came off, but I don't hold out much hope.

post-842-0-75620600-1382126640_thumb.jpg

Edited by totalhysteria
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

My met office app has shown continuous thunder in Brighton on Sunday from the early hours until the early hours Monday for a few days now. Do you think that is right??

Nyet!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just started raining here. A sunny intervals kind of day with thicker cloud by sunset. Odd spots of rain after dark. Temperature mild at 13c though

Posted

No. I have the same app, and I think it's about as good as the BBC weather website - not very accurate or up to date.Clouding over now, doesn't bode well for later. Edited by LeighD

Posted

How do I upload what my app is showing???

Being a tech/IT person I must admit I do not know as I do not use them, so wish I could help but sorry, cannot oblige you this time, I would if I could though.  You could chuck the question into the techy thread though.  (I suspect you need to download an app that does the job).

Well after the warm and sun of being on the south coast all week this evening is a bit of a downer for me, light rain, cool and a slight breeze.  Not what I am used to in recent days/nights.

Posted

raining here now, even had the heater on this evening, not like me, must be coming down with something.

Posted

Still dark, 13.4c. Hastings bonfire tonight. The MetOffice app has been dancing around for the last few days and has now settled on light rain for the evening, having exhausted all other possibilities. 

Ahh, fireworks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Dry on the Kent/London border at the moment but a little rain not too far away to the south. Meteox radar showing some heavyish rain over N.France at the moment, although no thunder. But a little electrification on a trough just off the coast of Brittany, now.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop-bliksem&c=&n=&tijdid=20131019921

Although never esp. accurate, GFS ppn charts show most of the thundery potential, this weekend, staying out in the Channel and over NE France/extreme west of Belgium. 

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20131019/00/15/ukprec.png

Similar area for tomorrow evenings ppn forecasts.

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20131019/00/45/ukprec.png

KCZ.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted

Funny you post that. The other day, my wife was moaning about the traffic, and that she will be late for her hair appointment (very important I know ) then I started quoting facts about space the universe etc etc, and in the grand scheme of things that's pertty insignificant. She just looked at me blankly and said 'Just find a Quicker way' I'm so glad my eldest son, is interested in nature, stars and all things outdoors. So when he grows up, I will have a great companion to talk about these interesting things.BTW - If the cloud clears, I'm really looking forward to seeing the partial Lunar eclipse. I totally forgot about that, thanks for the reminder

And I know this isn't weather related either, but my wife told me yesterday she'd read an article in an old (2012) New Scientist about "Pair Instability Supernovae" that leave no Black hole of Neutron star. Talk about a deep conversation over breakfast, I'd never heard of them before, yet another spectacular feat of nature  --  and extremely violent.  Wikipedia is now pretty good, but I have 10 tabs open in Firefox relating to everything from the total mass of the universe to the synthesis of Iron in super massive stars, I'll be here all day

On the weather front

13C overcast, just 0.3 mm of rain overnight

Looks quite miserable

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 1

Posted

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....