Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

After living through the 'Great Storm'of 87 I am wary of what the models are showing at the moment. Thing is no amount of worrying/ignoring will make the slightest bit of difference to what will happen. Interesting times coming up and JP I will be watching out even more for your nightly updates.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not sure what we missed while in Cineworld but it was much wetter when we came out than it was when we went in - hopefully it was just heavy rain and not a storm or tornado ......the captain Phillips film was very good though !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After living through the 'Great Storm'of 87 I am wary of what the models are showing at the moment. Thing is no amount of worrying/ignoring will make the slightest bit of difference to what will happen. Interesting times coming up and JP I will be watching out even more for your nightly updates.

Quite. I think some people on here are too young to remember 1987 and even 1990 but I witnessed both and although I usually love extreme weather, those storms scared me. Seeing the destruction (and I don't use that word lightly) was pretty horrific! Anyway, definitely keeping a close eye on the charts, best to be prepared even though nothing may come of it :)
  • Like 4

Posted

gfs 132

Posted Image

Posted Image

shows a very quick moving system

however no huge windstorm as before

still need to keep out eye on as at this far out i think changes will be certain

late fax tonight hopefully will see what the met office make of it

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No point worrying about it, these things usually pop up about 48 hours before the event happens, even at shorter notice sometimes. I'm sure the storm will disappear, reappear and the disappear again. If it does verify I expect it to either slam into France leaving us a bit wet or it will curve north eastwards and hit the usual Northern England/Scotland area.

GFS then dumps the deep low and also has heights building in a weeks time.

Swings and roundabouts this model watching malarkey Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Quite. I think some people on here are too young to remember 1987 and even 1990 but I witnessed both and although I usually love extreme weather, those storms scared me. Seeing the destruction (and I don't use that word lightly) was pretty horrific! Anyway, definitely keeping a close eye on the charts, best to be prepared even though nothing may come of it Posted Image

Living without power for 6 weeks wasn't funny either. We had to cut our way out of our drive to the lane with chainsaws (petrol only). Everyone mucked in and it was a gloriously sunny autumn day. But it was a shocking sight to see a whole plantation of pine tree trunks snapped off like matchsticks - the same whirl wind lifted a neighbour's brick chimney breast right off its roof and dumped it more or less intact in their front lawn.

I did the stupidest thing. I was knackered and ran a great big hot bath afterwards. But I'd forgotten that our water had to be pumped up the hill by an electric pump, I'd used the last in the water tank and the electric pump had been knocked out. We didn't have any tap water for 2 weeks. So every time there's a storm or power cut threatened I fill up the bath with tap water, for drinking, not washing.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite. I think some people on here are too young to remember 1987 and even 1990 but I witnessed both and although I usually love extreme weather, those storms scared me. Seeing the destruction (and I don't use that word lightly) was pretty horrific! Anyway, definitely keeping a close eye on the charts, best to be prepared even though nothing may come of it Posted Image

Wow, 6 weeks without power is pretty serious! The filling the bath tip is a great one. I have big bottles of water in store in case of any emergencies but am no prepper lol. I suppose if loads of trees were uprooted at least there'd be a lot of firewood! Sad though :(

Living without power for 6 weeks wasn't funny either. We had to cut our way out of our drive to the lane with chainsaws (petrol only). Everyone mucked in. But it was a shocking sight to see a whole plantation of pine trees snapped off like matchsticks - the same whirl wind lifted a neighbour's chimney right off its roof and dumped it more or less intact in their front lawn.

I did the stupidest thing. I was knackered and ran a great big hot bath afterwards. But I'd forgotten that our water had to be pumped up the hill by an electric pump, I'd used the last in the water tank and the electric pump had been knocked out. We didn't have any tap water for 2 weeks. So every time there's a storm or power cut threatened I fill up the bath with tap water, for drinking, not washing.

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

lively below us at present

typical

the charts i want to see are the ukmo at 120-144

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=0&carte=1021&ech=6&archive=0

cue the night they do not update them Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

After a wet day it has turned into a calmer and drier evening, handy as I had to wander the streets to various points to pay some bills and do some shopping, now it is time to settle in for the evening.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Windy yet pleasantly mild tonight

NICE :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Where did it go?

could be interesting around the 27/28th Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Just been outside to tighten the bolts on our cheap gazebo!! Like that will make a jot of difference if a squall goes thru here. But it is good to do SOMETHING to batten down. Even if futile! The fox won't even come near to the gazebo tonight, as it keeps shimmying about.

• Like 2

Posted

hi jules

its a bit of a mess to say the least

this might even be a t24 prediction going by the usual model confusion with these lows

not worried at present

i will be if still there by saturday

• Like 2