Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

After chucking it down during the night, it's actually ok here this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just imagine if this rain was all snow! Fairly widespread as it pivots around. Wet start here in Egham with moderate rain and a strengthening breeze. Was lovely and still last night with the stars visible when I came home from the pub around 1am though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

well the rain arrived yesterday evening and it is still here, just got heavier and more windy with it, temp has just managed to lift itself into double digits, but it is a small just.  We have cancelled the day out at the country show today, not that we have a problem with the weather, just know half the events will likely not go ahead so why travel an hour just to pay for a few stalls to walk round?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Yesterday was a perfect Autumn gardening day so tidied up the front and prepared for today. Got apples to freeze, chillies to string up, and a shin of beef for a slow cooked dinner, sometimes it's nice to have an excuse to stay in. The fire is on, more for comfort than warmth and the bacon will shortly be fried up for brunch.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. Has been very wet here since around 7am. Rain seems to be subsiding at the moment.

Anyway the weather is not going to dampen the LeighD household, it's my son's 6th birthday party today, and we have one extremely excited little boy 😄. Have a great day guys...

• Like 1

Posted

Happy Birthday to your lad Leigh. Posted Image

It's raining and miserable here with temp of 10.9c.  I am joining the roast dinner club with a joint of beef in the oven.  I don't intend on venturing far today.  Although it's on days like today that I wonder why we got a dog. Posted Image

Edited by chilly milly
  • Like 1

Posted

seems to be easing off here, still very breezy though, just discussed the "should we, shouldn't we" go to the show today, and after some thinking of what will be on etc decided not to bother this year, heart wants to go, but head says it will be a disappointment if we did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Well, everything has panned out quite differently to the forecast. Rather than a whole day of rain for the east, it's cleared out for the best part of the day. Had 9.2mm of rain here.

I see the MetOffice soon took the warnings down!

More rain to come tonight though.

Posted

Rainy Sundays are the universe's way of telling you you've not eaten enough chocolate and need to watch 'The Goonies' more.

Never quite heard it put like that before :)

I am a savoury rather than a sweet person when it comes to comfort snacking.

Looked out a short while ago and first thought it was misty out, then realised it was infact dense/heavy drizzle falling (and I have to go out soon as I need to source a spare water feeder for the bird cage).

• Like 1

Posted

A very wet hour on the top of the North Downs, in full outdoor gear, actually felt quite uplifting.  Unfortunately I broke the zip on my 15 year old Berghaus Mera Peak jacket, which will now have to go off to the repairers.  I have a feeling I will need it for North Pembrokeshire in 13 days time!

To keep up with the food theme, toasted cheese and leeks on sourdough coming up for lunch

AS

Posted

Managed to get out for shopping so can make roast pork and veg for tomorrow and stirfried chicken for the day after.Then fish pie and spaghetti bolognaise, then bean stew.Posted Image

It must have rained a lot as there were some very deep puddles.

• Like 1

Posted

A very wet hour on the top of the North Downs, in full outdoor gear, actually felt quite uplifting.  Unfortunately I broke the zip on my 15 year old Berghaus Mera Peak jacket, which will now have to go off to the repairers.  I have a feeling I will need it for North Pembrokeshire in 13 days time!

To keep up with the food theme, toasted cheese and leeks on sourdough coming up for lunch

AS

wow, not heard sourdough mentioned since I was in the states.  A decent jacket is a friend in weather like this, miss my barbour wax jacket :( which after 20+ years of use had to go (not because it was worn out but I had outgrown it by a mm (OK may have been a few CM's(OK OK it was a lot of INCHES, PAH!)))

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You can just make out the Triangle, there...Posted Image

Now you see it, now you don't!

Cold, damp, grey dross...just like March except the annoying graupel has been replaced by, equally annoying, drizzle. Yuck! 

Edited by A Boy Named Sue
Oops!

Posted

Going into town shopping....

....wish me luck Posted Image

Well I saw some blue sky and the sun came out and I thought it's over,  then it started to rain againPosted Image

A quick look at the radar seems to show these as showers although i can see the back of the low just moving into the north sea and heading west and it seems to be joining up with the rain to the south so my dry slot seems to be fading fast.

Edited by chris mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well the rain has stopped but the clouds are very dark and threatening here. It almost looks convective, zero wind at ground level and the clouds are bubbling up, might be interesting later!

Posted

good  afternoon!!! looking at the radar what  coming out of holland  at  the moment  we  could  be  in-for another  wet  old  night!!