Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 19/11/2013 --->

Nick L

Posted

Gust of 55mph very heavy rain battering into the back of the house.....brrr.....

Thatll get you up the trossachs! :)

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Raining and windy here had a bit of sleet lastnight about 10 half 10.

Posted

Just rain here, should get some lively showers later. I think anything wintry will be reserved for the highest peaks. Then it's hibernation time again as a benign high pressure takes hold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

If we lucky we might see a covering of hail rather than snow here tonight. We may not be cold enough to snow but pretty sure hail will do fine.  I'm not giving up just yet. Posted Image

Hail is alternate to snow.

Posted

The scene outside has turned from autumn to winter overhight, as the heavy burst of rain and wind on the back edge of the rain mass has stripped a lot of leaves from the trees that were hanging on to them. Beautifully sunny now, just like yesterday. Hope for a few showers later, but the wind may go NNW too soon for my location.

Edited by alr1970

Posted

Bloody hell, im under a warning for snow tonight!!!!

as usual im the wrong side of the hill hahahaha.  got to travel from oldham tonight where i work though, may have to take the scenic route to see some snow! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

as usual im the wrong side of the hill hahahaha.  got to travel from oldham tonight where i work though, may have to take the scenic route to see some snow! 

To be fair I am not holding my breath, peaks possibly, villages no.

• Like 1

Posted

Woohoo.... First for me....first snow warning where my new home is.... Fire to be lit tonight.... And making a curry....

post-15202-0-50853200-1384954919_thumb.j

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The winds has changed direction here now. Its a northerly. Its trying to sleet/hail here now.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Had dark stormy clouds here all day with gusts but nothing falling from the sky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Massive shower of graupel and hail just gone through here. Was very heavy.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like its gonna be a very hard frost here tonight. I think tbh beeb is totally wrong with the temperatures. It should be 3-4C above freezing tomorrow, not 6-8C. I didnt even feel if its 6-8C today, it is more of 2C-4C.

There is no way that a winds from the north east would bring temperatures up, especially from the freezing North Sea, certainly this time of the year. Sorry about that. Just have to rant to make me feel better.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Surely the Pennines are going to gobble up those showers before they make any impact here...but then again....?  Hail mixed in with a recent shower so if temps fall a little and those showers keep intact they could produce something wintry, especially for high ground.

Edited by dodgeredee