Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The rain band broke up and missed here, looks like some of the showers behind it might get here though.

and if not in a while then probably tomorrow :rolleyes:

hopefully between cooking and walking dog the rain will stay away Posted Image

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sounds like the wind is kicking up here already, just had a gust really roar though. Didn't expect anything above 30mph till the morning.

Posted

morning  all radar looking  nasty  hope you all down in the s/e  stay safe  happy new year

Posted

there seems  to be some very  heavy  rain building in the English channel at the  moment and its heading to the s/e  so look out

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

would hate to be your hangover in the morning :lol:

It's nothing two paracetamol and some black coffee won't fix !!

by the way... i want you to all speak loudly in the morning just to remind MKSNOW that she has a hangover :lol::lol:

Thanks - I'll get you back for that !!! I wasn't too bad until the vodka shots - the chilli one was a bit too much for me but I kept it down !!

That s no way talk of mr P

Actualky your right, I knew when he'd had a curry last night that it was going to be a windy one ;-) post-10773-0-89053700-1388567325_thumb.jMorning all,Weather looks much the same as it did last year from what I can see - we are still in bed at the moment (our friends sons bed actually but he's not in it ) will be walking round to some other friends for a day of gambling and drinking (not for me though I've got to drive later to get home) have a great 1st Jan folks :-) Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Today's Headache..

Posted Image

Posted Image

GFS and NAE bang on each other...

So rain..

post-12648-0-25388900-1388569400_thumb.j

Red circle the low and arrow its movement..

12pm

Posted Image

3pm

Posted Image

6pm

Posted Image

9pm.... sigh...

Posted Image

12am.. gone?

Posted Image

well yeah till Friday... Posted Image

Posted Image

Wind for today...

post-12648-0-42393400-1388569827_thumb.j

Increasing from the West...

1pm..

45-50mph inland 55-65 on the coast..

Posted Image

between 1-4pm strongest gusts..

55-65mph inland

65+mph on the coast.. looks like tip of Kent and Dover could see a 75mph+ on this..

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

really could do with a calm and dry day before Friday, not sure I am going to be getting my wish though.

Hows everyone this morning? heads all clear I trust?

Happy New Year to you all :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all - Happy New year...

Have had some heavy bursts of rain on my drive home this morning. Mainly stopped now, to leave a grey, breeze and damp morning.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning and a Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2014 is a good year for us all.

Sons both returning from their respective nights out, so suspect I will be cooking restorative bacon sandwiches soon.

Here the heavy rain has set in and it's quite gusty! I think flooding may be an issue soon.

Enjoy your first day of 2014.

• Like 3

Posted

Happy New Year to all. Just started raining here but luckily I had time to take the doggies out and cut a few logs for the woodburner. Wind is picking up too. All in all an underwhelming start to the new year, but at least it can only get better.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning again! No fuzzy head here which surprises me especially as I was woken at half three by people in the road outside shouting "come on then" and "no, just leave it" Got up to look as there were also many colourful words being shouted to see my car being used as the leaning post for a guy being held back from lumping someone else. The held back one decided he'd had enough and started to walk away and the other one came for him from behind to knock him to the ground and start kicking him :-( Picked up phone to call the police and a van of them arrived before I could type the first 9! They promptly rounded everyone up and dispersed and arrested accordingly so I could go back to sleep. I just wonder if these people wake up and regret their actions today or they look back and think it was a good night out?

Anyway, onto more weathery and therefore interesting things...

Another damp and windy day on the cards, it's been gusting to gale force since I woke up and seems it's about to start raining properly looking at the radar! Currently 9c.

• Like 2

Posted

I was woken at half three by people in the road outside shouting "come on then" and "no, just leave it" Got up to look as there were also many colourful words being shouted to see my car being used as the leaning post for a guy being held back from lumping someone else. The held back one decided he'd had enough and started to walk away and the other one came for him from behind to knock him to the ground and start kicking him :-( Picked up phone to call the police and a van of them arrived before I could type the first 9! They promptly rounded everyone up and dispersed and arrested accordingly so I could go back to sleep. I just wonder if these people wake up and regret their actions today or they look back and think it was a good night out?

Sorry Lottie, don't know what came over me, one Stones Ginger Wine too many. Anyone know a good lawyer?AS
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Wind for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth & West Sussex

Another spell of unsettled weather is expected on Friday with further wet and windy conditions likely across western areas in particular. Tides will be very high, and the public should be aware of the risks of large waves and coastal flooding.

Issued at:

1144 on Wed 1 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

Valid to:

2359 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

A developing Atlantic low pressure system is expected to move northeastwards just to the west of Scotland on Friday. This will push further bands of locally heavy rain across the UK and winds will gust to around 50-60 MPH over coasts and hills. Whilst this is not especially strong, lowering pressure will combine with high tides around the UK coastline and bring the risk of some flooding.