Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

icy patches in south-western areas in the morning! Here are the early morning air temperatures.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Quite amazing how the same narrow strip of our region has been affected for getting on for 18 hours with comparitively very little rain either side - although that which has fallen here has ben convective style.

I would have loved today's synoptics in the summer time, some places would have had an extremely thundery day while to the East of the front it would have been sultry in the hazy sunny spells and sharp showers.

• Like 1

Posted

Colyton, Devon slap bang in the firing line all day. Drains not coping and River Axe dangerously high. Check out www.raintoday.co.uk. Basically a 100 mile south to north conveyor belt of steady rain interspersed with downpours. More to come. Any Met Office warnings or too localised?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

5.3mm today so far and that all fell pretty much in the space of an hour.

I am now at 193.4mm for January, 200mm should easily be broken imby this month

Posted

5.3mm today so far and that all fell pretty much in the space of an hour.

I am now at 193.4mm for January, 200mm should easily be broken imby this month

Yup can see you getting 200mm you only need 6.6mm more in the space of 13 days. 

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Not surprised to see the lower From on there, it goes across in to Somerset, so any rainfall there filters down to the tidal part here, that results in flooding here during a full/new moon etc. :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Not surprised to see the lower From on there, it goes across in to Somerset, so any rainfall there filters down to the tidal part here, that results in flooding here during a full/new moon etc. Posted Image

Blimey Mapantz Not Good at all....You guys SW/Central...Really having bad time with the constant rain events. Hopefully end in sight very soon. Take care all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

7.8mm today Total now  81.9mm

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Rain , rain and more rain today .Usual roads making driving more "exciting "........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Really getting very cheesed off with the constant rain fest this winter has been. Roads are a nightmare and the water is making the pot hole situation ten times worse.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Ended on 11.4mm, which rather annoyingly left me 0.5mm from crossing the 200mm mark for Jan. Ah well 195.5mm it is after 18 January days.

• Like 1

Posted

Ended on 11.4mm, which rather annoyingly left me 0.5mm from crossing the 200mm mark for Jan. Ah well 195.5mm it is after 18 January days.

P issed down when I went to the pub, I can only get money out from one ATM, and there was a bloody queue! LOL! I was saturated by the time I got to the quay! 13.2mm yesterday, 193mm for the month. 400mm in 50 days, 16" of rain in 50 days .. Insane!! Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

8.1mm Yesterday total Precipitation for my place 82.2mm. Dry today and Monday. Now Cool .Calm. Clear 2.3c.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

9.5mm yesterday, all falling between 19.30 (ish) and 22.30.  January total now 218.5, December was 240, so only need another 22mm to exceed that wettest month.  Total since December 12th is 456mm, which roughly translates as 18".

Dry, sunny and chilly this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Is it Spring today?

Feels like it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So according to the mod thread things are looking up, well they certainly are for the eastern side of the country with a possible snow to rain event for them end of this coming week, we need to see the pattern shift a lot further west for us over this side of the country to get in on any possible battleground scenarios though & that's possible I guess, after all the models always underestimate any cold block to our north east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Is it Spring today?

Feels like it.

It is normally warmer than 4.1c on a spring day... Posted Image at least it is sunny for my birthday though.

Back from holiday today and I can confirm that although skiing wasn't bad the only ppn I saw falling was on one day and it was of Rain/sleet  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

It is normally warmer than 4.1c on a spring day... Posted Image at least it is sunny for my birthday though.

Back from holiday today and I can confirm that although skiing wasn't bad the only ppn I saw falling was on one day and it was of Rain/sleet  Posted Image

Awesome snow event for our region while you were away, probably the best for 30 years. Posted Image

A high of 9C today, and it's dry! :lol:

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

Lovely sunny day here. Max of 8c. Just a gentle shower clearing through Colyford now. Clear patches so could get to -3 in the frost hollows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

BBC weather for the week ahead mentioned the possibility of it turning colder at the end of this week and even mentioned the 'S' word (snow) although it looked more likely in the east from his weather map! Dare us coldies hope it might be true?

Edited by Frosty1
  • Like 1