Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

what a great read this is, I wish they would print this in the express

http://weatherman79.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/winter-forecasting-the-broken-clock-conundrum/ 

I laughed so much reading that, thank you for sharing! It seems like Exacta spends more time attacking other forecasters than actually forecasting!

• Like 1

Posted

A rare occurrence this winter to have frost and fog together, I had almost forgotten how pretty rime is when the sun breaks through ; tiny icicles glinting then dropping off the trees around 10.30 being one example.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Don't want to get folk's hopes up too much but I would advise a precursory snow watch for two dates in the near future.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79144-model-output-discussion-19th-january-2014-18z-onwards/?p=2902279

These might not end up true snowfests but I feel anything's better than nothing at this stage. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 6

Posted

Don't want to get folk's hopes up too much but I would advise a precautionary snow watch for two dates in the near future.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79144-model-output-discussion-19th-january-2014-18z-onwards/?p=2902279

This might not end up true snowfests I feel anything's better than nothing at this stage. Posted Image

I would imagine that many of us in this region would see at least a few flakes from this, as cold northwesterlies often bring very heavy showers which can turn wintry with increasing intensity and over high ground. Anyone on Dartmoor and Exmoor should be particularly interested

Edited by Joe Levy
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fog ,Frost. Sunshine. Rain spots on window. All today ..  Dark tonight ..Enjoy it all,,,

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I laughed so much reading that, thank you for sharing! It seems like Exacta spends more time attacking other forecasters than actually forecasting!

How anyone can read what they write and believe it and pay for the privilege is beyond me completely. I too laughed all the way through it.

just edited your last comment, nothing specifically wrong with it but netweather probably doesn't require said attention. PM me if required, Karlos
  • Like 2

Posted

How anyone can read what they write and believe it and pay for the privilege is beyond me completely. I too laughed all the way through it.

I've sent it to a lot of my family, who are now bearing the brunt of my weather obsession :D it's amazing how many of my friends have been forced to understand who James Madden is and what the MJO is!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Current situation on the Somerset Levels, between Bridgwater & Taunton;

post-12721-0-52358200-1390324419_thumb.j

I don't think I've ever seen it as bad as that. There is almost a tide there.

With more rainfall forecast over the next 10 days or so too, it's looking rather ambiguous to say the least.

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpg

With more rainfall forecast over the next 10 days or so too, it's looking rather ambiguous to say the least.

It's interesting you say that, because when I tried to have a look at the environment agency website for river levels in that area, several of them came up as 'station not active' http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/120716.aspx?stationId=3066 is this an error? or is the water so deep that they cannot record anymore! (if that's possible) I noticed how high the water was on the levels whilst on the train from London to Exeter

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Is it just my poor eyesight......or is Ian Botham building an ark??

post-1808-0-26431300-1390326941_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Can't see train services running along that stretch of line for much longer, especially with the kind of rain totals some of the models are showing for later this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Can't see train services running along that stretch of line for much longer, especially with the kind of rain totals some of the models are showing for later this week.

What isn't clear on the photo is the track is actually approx a foot above the water level currently as it is on a raised shelf. So as things stand, the water level shouldn't affect the train running.However, it all depends on what Mother Nature throws at us in the coming days ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

YES a big storm for the uk this sunday into monday

Posted Image

We do not need this storm with all this rain and wind.Posted Image

Not looking goodPosted Image

Posted

Posted Image

I hope that doesn't come off how tight them isobars are on the south of that low looks damn right scary. 

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Snowing on Winterwatch - bbc2.

Getting desperate now... Posted Image

chucking it down with snow in new york right now too, just been checking it out on the webcam feeds after hearing the weatherman mention it on the bbc24 news weather forecast, kinda wish I hadn't looked now, I swear he mentioned it just to rub it in to us in the uk who are still waiting to see a flake or two in our own back yards lol

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 4

Posted

chucking it down with snow in new york right now too, just been checking it out on the webcam feeds after hearing the weatherman mention it on the bbc24 news weather forecast, kinda wish I hadn't looked now, I swear he mentioned it just to rub it in to us in the uk who are still waiting to see a flake or two in our own back yards lol

And minus 8 as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just some of my own thoughts re: the broader scale outlook once again, courtesy of the MAD thread. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79144-model-output-discussion-19th-january-2014-18z-onwards/?p=2902818

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

quite like this.. let battle commence

Posted Image

oops, too many tabs open, was meant for mod thread sorry

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

Some of us might like the back edge snow it could bring though.

Posted

quite like this.. let battle commence

Posted Image

oops, too many tabs open, was meant for mod thread sorry

But battleground situations can either be soggy or snowy (more often the first) for the South-West, as we're often on the battleground!

• Like 1