Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Not that wet around these parts, had a few showers, but nothing too heavy, and certainly nothing thundery or with hail.

Posted

Up to 18mm now.. This evening looks like being worse. I'm close to beating my January record and we've only just made it halfway lol

I'm still surprised that no warning has been issued by the MO, I know it's localised but they usually issue a yellow for such events. Posted Image

Ian said on his Points West forecast last night that no advanced warnings would be in force and that they would wait for the radar developments before any were issued. I too am surprised that nothing has been released.

If you use the Net Weather radar accumulation over the last 6 hours the 2 current SSW-NNE lies of showers are very distinct with very little in between, which includes here where it has hardly rained since downpours before 10am. The sky is clear blue overhead and for miles around, but I can see anvils to he E/SE and W/NW associated with both shower lines.

Also using the radar there is obvious E-W movement of an active trough currently affecting the far SW so that seems set to move across all parts through the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Some more rain coming from the Glastonbury area  soon.71.1mm this month..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

I give up, weather you can do what ever you choose to do LoL!!, rain rain rain hmmm and more rain, some real hefty downpours last few hours on the island which again has caused some flooding issues.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/273/c/5/i_hate_rain_by_kitsunelovesryuu-d2zsas5.jpg (sums it all up)  Posted ImagePosted Image

Earlier there was some beautiful cloud formations whilst driving across the island, and my mobile is pants when coming to taking pictures, (or it may just be me as me and technology dont mix)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Sledge from back of the Shed to front…..????Posted Image or Posted Image only time will tell..again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

We've had 16.0mm of rain so far today, really not needed here for sure. I find it interesting that Northern Ireland is under a weather warning for showers when, at least currently, the showers down here look much more potent!

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

We've had 16.0mm of rain so far today, really not needed here for sure. I find it interesting that Northern Ireland is under a weather warning for showers when, at least currently, the showers down here look much more potent!

I know,we have had some heavy ones here today. Must be terrible for you,go to Thorney lakes a lot with the Caravan for weekend getaways and know a couple that live not far up the road from Thorney.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just hit the 25mm mark, the radar has stopped working now, so I'm not sure what else is to come? :lol:

Working OK now!

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Hammering down here on IOW.  Looks like the worst is going to leave here towards E. Hants now though.

Posted

Groundhog day 473.

I went to bed it was raining.

I got up it's raining

I came to work in the rain.

I feel like I live in an equatorial rainforest

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Had 24.1mm yesterday, a great shower day!

Posted

I don't often criticise the MO but for them to stick a warning out today in the south east and not one for the west yesterday seems ludicrous?! 27mm fell yesterday, 23mm of that fell in 13 hours. There were reports of floods all over the area, a further 7mm has fallen today,for that, I give the MO a big family fortunes wrong answer noise!

Showery and 9C

• Like 1

Posted

Sledge from back of the Shed to front…..????Posted Image or Posted Image only time will tell..again.

Chop it up and use it for firewood. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

In between the showery zones it is a very pleasant, again Springlike day! 8.4c and rising with plenty of sunny spells and pleasant enough to feel warm wearing a jumper and t-shirt while deadheading plants!

Eyes and thoughts turning to the rain tonight/tomorrow, plenty of it over Northern France ready to move up.

Posted

Just popped out, glorious sunshine, went into a shop came out it was raining, walked to the car park it was pouring. Got out the lift in the car park it's stopped. 

Checked watch, NO IT'S NOT APRILPosted Image

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

In between the showery zones it is a very pleasant, again Springlike day! 8.4c and rising with plenty of sunny spells and pleasant enough to feel warm wearing a jumper and t-shirt while deadheading plants! Eyes and thoughts turning to the rain tonight/tomorrow, plenty of it over Northern France ready to move up.

Looks like the west of the region will suffer with that, the models don't show a lot here, the MO app forecast reflects that too, I may be able to get out and do some spinning! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi all .. well for the mo I can see the sun streaming through the office window, althoguh how long this will be for is anyones guess! ...oh its starting to cloud over I spoke too soon.!

I see from the Netweather facebook status that more flood alerts are about...  :(.....

Now for some that instantly think it is "building new homes on flood plains as the main fault (irrespective that most towns near Rivers are 100 years old" or the Rivers needs dredging... please remember this is Hydrology and there is always a bigger picture and more interlinked influences. Anyway read this article and you will see what I mean. It is quite long but worth just reading and thinking about...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/13/flooding-public-spending-britain-europe-policies-homes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Could be a chance of a very transient snow (sleet and cold rain no doubt) event on higher ground early Sunday morning. MO app suggesting a couple of hours of wintery ppn for my neck of the woods. It was progged earlier in the week disappeared and now its back again.

EDIT: Now gone again!!

RE-EDIT: Back on again

Edited by festivalking

Posted

A lovely afternoon outside doing some repair work in the garden with the birds twittering spring songs - then sneaking up behind me a CB with a couple of strikes ! Third storm of 2014 already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Well yet again is has took me ages to get home from work, road closures galore on the Island, sarcasm alert!!  wonder what could of caused that..snow - nope!....council putting signs there for fun of it..nope!!...

RAIN!!!!  yes, god dayum blooming rain, what a surprise LoL!!

So i whacked the music up, bare and grimed the traffic only to have my window tapped by an officer who was diverting traffic, i put the window down, said Oh! ermm hi officer, problem (LOL)Posted Image ..His reply was, could you kindly turn the music down, my reply "sure but i need to de-stress officer, he said i beg your pardon, i then said "well officer, ive had a really hard day at work im exhausted and the flooding stressing me out even more, ...thankfully he just laughed and said we no and are all suffering from the weather but music was a tad loud, so yeah i turned it down, he thanked me and said have a safe journey home, ermm i couldn't resist saying, will i ever get there the traffic is horrendous, again he laughed and nodded and said good day and walked off...lmao..i just sooo could not resist lol Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Thought I'd do the honour of posting my 1000th post in the good ol' regional thread Posted Image

It's cold. It's damp...and more rain edging up now into the SW...

Booo  Posted Image

• Like 5