Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Now the rain from this morning has cleared, it's actually not a bad day out there - blue skies anyway.

Although have just seen the weather warnings posted above - seems it isn't set to last!

Hopefully it's the last lot of warnings for wind and rain for a while now....I'd like to think when I get back from my holibobs there are some yellow snow/ice warnings to post up - it would make a very pleasant change Posted Image

Morning all, lovely blue sky and sunshine here right now but it was terrible in the night again.....happy Monday Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Morning all.

O dear well i have re named the daily outing with the dogs 'BOG WALK'

It really needs to start drying up soon!

Finger crossed.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hello! The rain has stopped and there is some blue up there and the sun is shining. Nice. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been blue sky all morning here, but windy, watching that rain band moving slowly in my direction. Is it a squall?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Hail and I thought i heard thunder, chucking it down big time too

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Surrey, Greater London, Kent, Medway, East Sussex, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, Isle of Wight, West Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bracknell Forest, Reading, Wokingham, Buckinghamshire, Windsor and Maidenhead & Slough

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Southend-on-Sea & Thurrock

Heavy showers, some of them combined with hail and thunder, will continue to affect parts of southern and southeastern England at times through the rest of Monday and Tuesday.

This warning has been extended northwards to cover some additional vulnerable counties.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised flooding, especially in areas which have been affected in recent days.

Issued at:

1058 on Mon 6 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0840 on Mon 6 Jan 2014

Valid to:

2359 on Tue 7 Jan 2014

Further bands of showers running into southern counties and across the southeast of England, have the potential to produce intense bursts of rain, these quickly leading to localised impacts given the very saturated ground. Hail will be an additional hazard associated with some of the heaviest showers. It won't be raining all the time, with some drier interludes likely, for example through the middle of Monday.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=ee&from=rss&sn=AAF1B6E0-F489-9C79-FC03-669894A4B7E5_3_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388966400

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all

After a very wet journey to work this morning - I am happy report blue skies and sunshine.  I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Blergh my garden is a mud bath! Hardly ne grass left and its a giant puddle :( the ducks seem to be enjoying it! We are getting really heavy showers here on off now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

11.8 here Posted Image

Posted

Sun, rain, heavy rain, heavy gusts, drizzle, rain and now sun. It's like the Observers book of weather here today! (no snow, so can't say I've spotted everything)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's like a spring day in Ippy. It's mild, the sun is out and the sky is blue with few flimsy clouds. And.....the daffs are quite tall now. I bet they'll be flowering soon. And probably having a nervous breakdown. :)

Mother Nature is probably menopausal. :O

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Chicago is currently at -24.2C. It's nowhere near their coldest ever day though...that was -33C on the 10th January 1982.That year also saw a wind chill value of -46C. 

• Like 3

Posted

Wednesday looking wet surprise surprise..

But Friday and Saturday could be stacking up for a bit of brightness (and even dry)

Posted Image

Well, for a short while...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a feeling the Atlantic may have run out of puff for a while, after this next little spell.

• Like 3

Posted

Suppose I must be a bit odd but I actually quite like this weather - never a dull moment when driving to work and makes up for the normal hum drum weather we normally get. A31 yet again closed due to flooding, but after a brief consulation with the biker who pulled up beside me decided to give it a go and lo and behold no problems at all and then following that an almighty downpour of biblical proportions approaching southampton - quite awesome !

• Like 2

Posted

This is a worrying photo, please tell me these are not people standing under that giant wave?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25618080

That is incredible - wonder if that is Portleven. They do have a decent reef break and probably the UK's best so the waves can get quite spectacular so god knows what it's like at the moment !

Posted

Chicago is currently at -24.2C. It's nowhere near their coldest ever day though...that was -33C on the 10th January 1982.That year also saw a wind chill value of -46C. 

yea, you do have to feel for them really...must be dreadful Posted Image

post-10773-0-31893100-1389015805_thumb.j

....meanwhile here the rain has held off so still blue sky and sunshine and a very mild 10 deg c on the thermometer Posted Image

post-10773-0-11963400-1389016001_thumb.j

above photo taken at the spillway at Caldecotte Lake North today - balancing lakes in action @ MK 

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1