Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

If it is a good one can you let me know the title? Always on the look out for a good book to read. all is calm here, no weather, heard some wind overnight, it seems things were very bad on other coasts, heard this morning of a boy missing from the seawall, and was interested to hear that a whole ichthysaur fossil was found after the cliff face washed away in Dorset.

I've got a sample of The Undead by RR Hayward. It's a series of zombie books, set day by day. My mum has read them, said very good...Has not stopped raining here since early morning!

Posted

I've got a sample of The Undead by RR Hayward. It's a series of zombie books, set day by day. My mum has read them, said very good...Has not stopped raining here since early morning!

Thanks i will look out for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm just on a train from London to Exeter. Some or the flooding in Central South and South West is quite shocking. At one point the train had to slow to a crawl as the water level was higher than the tracks. Lucky it's a diesel I guess!

Posted

Got back from Cyprus at midnight to find all of our garden fence panels now down - only half of them had gone when we left a week ago. Some heavy rain around this morning to welcome us back with grey skies and very wet roads and garden. Joy.

Not been on the forum much while away so can anyone update me on where we are for more storms? Not keen to start work on the fence if it's going to go straight over again; of course would probably require a garden that is not a mud bath to get started. 

To cheer myself up, here is a pic from a fab Troodos mountain walk we did in the snow two days ago, I'm not bitter.....

post-8993-0-84759400-1388836229_thumb.jp

Here is the mountain toilet: 

post-8993-0-33285600-1388836295_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Don't say you have lurgy? Feel better soon.

ooer, wonder if its catching through talking to someone online?

No idea what it is, could be overindulgence catching up with me, the return to work or the couple of hours in the pub last night, but then again not been right for a few weeks, seemed to drift from one cold to the next, plus a stomach bug is known to be doing the rounds, well that is fine as reason for the meet up in the pub was part of a group of us looking to pack up the juice for anything from a week to a month (the latter I would like to do, we shall see) starting from this weekend.

Anyway it is still raining here, not as heavy now mind but it remains a dull dank day this is for sure (still not been outside yet).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Given how miserable the weather is yet again. I thought I might provide a ramp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Been raining here non stop since 08:00, paying mother nature back (plus interest*) for the long summer we had I think.

*Interest rates comparable to Wonga/Quick quid.

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Ok....I give up! What exactly IS a 'Ramp' ?

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-25578510 Here is the article of it - its a beautiful fossil, wish i'd found it too.With my exboyfriend, we found a fossilised fern in a rock on a beach once.Wonder what else is concealed in the rocks?

Hope they don't find your ex boyfriend under the rocks :-)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Got back from Cyprus at midnight to find all of our garden fence panels now down - only half of them had gone when we left a week ago. Some heavy rain around this morning to welcome us back with grey skies and very wet roads and garden. Joy.

Not been on the forum much while away so can anyone update me on where we are for more storms? Not keen to start work on the fence if it's going to go straight over again; of course would probably require a garden that is not a mud bath to get started. 

To cheer myself up, here is a pic from a fab Troodos mountain walk we did in the snow two days ago, I'm not bitter.....

Posted Image2014-01-02 11.22.22.jpg

Here is the mountain toilet: 

Posted Image2014-01-02 11.07.04.jpg

I'll tell you what you have missed. You have missed possibly one of the wettest months on record in England. You have missed THE wettest month in Scotland. You have missed the deepest storm to hit the UK since 1889. You have missed December being actually milder than November, the first time for 20 or so years.

To put it better...you haven't missed an awful lot to be frank. :D 

• Like 4

Posted

By jove! I do believe it has nigh on stopped raining here!

Posted

Ok....I give up! What exactly IS a 'Ramp' ?

A Ramp is to ramp up the excitement about a particular chart, could be way off in FI but it's cherrypicked to give the best result the ramper wants :-)

• Like 1

Posted

its geting very dark again  again in ipswich  radar not looking  good

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Flooding between Herne Bay and Swalecliffe towards MCDonalds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Does anyone have a set of plans to build an Ark? I'm off to B&Q later to get a roof rack load of timber and want to get it all in one trip.

• Like 2

Posted

Think I spoke too soon, coming on to rain here again and getting quite dark again (and looking at the radar the gap that was there has filled in), guess when I finally finish here we quick trip to the postbox and all will be a damp one again then.

Does anyone have a set of plans to build an Ark? I'm off to B&Q later to get a roof rack load of timber and want to get it all in one trip.

This chap might be able to help you there

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4853890.stm

Posted

Part of cliff collapses into sea at Rock-a-Nore

Anyone seen  this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-25594640

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Think I spoke too soon, coming on to rain here again and getting quite dark again (and looking at the radar the gap that was there has filled in), guess when I finally finish here we quick trip to the postbox and all will be a damp one again then.This chap might be able to help you there http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4853890.stm

Ha ha funny story: i'll see if i can get hold of him. 'Why don't you go and dig wells in Ethiopia ? ' his wife says. Sounds as though she has a similar view on her husband as mrs FD does...

Posted

I'll tell you what you have missed. You have missed possibly one of the wettest months on record in England. You have missed THE wettest month in Scotland. You have missed the deepest storm to hit the UK since 1889. You have missed December being actually milder than November, the first time for 20 or so years.

To put it better...you haven't missed an awful lot to be frank. Posted Image

Thank you for that lovely round-up PS, very well put and I guess it's a memorable month at least, although not necessarily for the right reasons for many. I must say it all feels rather windswept and sodden here, made worse by having to now supervise the dog in the garden to stop him getting next door with the fences down. Just ventured into the MAD where there are some small signs of hope, so fingers crossed for belated weather gifts from santa during January Posted Image .

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

The field next to my house is now basically a small lake despite no river near by - hardly a blade of grass left. Ditch next to my house, taking all the run off from

said field, is now 4 inches deep in water, about half way to spilling into the garden and side of the house. Raining hard again. Next 24hours will be critically close.

Posted

another  band  of rain heading in  to the  s/e   its narrow  but its looking intense

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Getting dark in Ippy.

'here come the Rain Again....' Lah lah lah!!!!!!!!