Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Thank you for that lovely round-up PS, very well put and I guess it's a memorable month at least, although not necessarily for the right reasons for many. I must say it all feels rather windswept and sodden here, made worse by having to now supervise the dog in the garden to stop him getting next door with the fences down. Just ventured into the MAD where there are some small signs of hope, so fingers crossed for belated weather gifts from santa during January Posted Image .

Two times we had storms which sounded like the roar of a hurricane outside, to see trees bending like that was something else! We've gone from the big freeze of 2010 to the big storms of 2013 :p

Posted

Flooding between Herne Bay and Swalecliffe towards MCDonalds

I'll have some fries and a filet-o-veryfreshfish then.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/product_nutrition.fish.30.filetofish.html

Part of cliff collapses into sea at Rock-a-Nore

Anyone seen  this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-25594640

those watchers are brave i would have jumped back about fifty foot when that fell, but they have no reaction

Posted

with  all the  high  winds just lately my digital Ariel been knocked  off beam 2 weeks before a little man can  come  , lucky i still got  sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Right work done for the day, just need to summon up the energy to walk to the postbox, its not far but I feel cack and it is still raining, might give it another few minutes and think about it in the dry and warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey & West Sussex

Outbreaks of rain, heavy at times, will move northeast across the UK on Sunday accompanied by strong winds. Quite widespread accumulations of 10-15 mm are likely across southern areas with locally in excess of 30 mm possible over some higher ground.

This additional rainfall, following the recent very wet weather, means that the public should be aware of an increased risk of both surface water and river flooding as well as disruption to transport.

This warning has been updated to adjust the area most at risk from disruption.

Issued at:

1148 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0900 on Sun 5 Jan 2014

Valid to:

2359 on Sun 5 Jan 2014

Another spell of wet and windy weather will affect the British Isles on Sunday as a new, large, deep depression develops over the Atlantic Ocean. The associated frontal system is then expected to move northeastwards across Britain, clearing the far east and southeast Monday morning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=ee&from=rss&sn=746F3D9F-ED57-E704-78A5-528196EBF9CF_7_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388880000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Been fishing at elphicks since yesterday afternoon. All evening I heard distant rumbles of thunder every few minutes. The wind was bad as well. I was woken by a tree cracking and falling to the ground at about 1am and this morning another tree came down followed quickly by 3 others just after. A pretty wild time And didn't catch a thing, thank god I had the weather to keep me entertained! :)

• Like 1

That's it :( here come the sand bags in the village.. Mates house that is a walk away are moving the horses out the fields.. Got a video of the local river just bursting its banks and a torrent of water filling the first fields, after this the ditches that drain the water to the river back up and flood the fields and if it gets to high begins to creep into the back gardens of all the houses...

Posted

That's it Posted Image here come the sand bags in the village.. Mates house that is a walk away are moving the horses out the fields.. Got a video of the local river just bursting its banks and a torrent of water filling the first fields, after this the ditches that drain the water to the river back up and flood the fields and if it gets to high begins to creep into the back gardens of all the houses...

omg it sounds terrible.I feel so sorry for all those affected.

Here the lights are flickering but there's no wind.

Posted

omg it sounds terrible.I feel so sorry for all those affected.

Here the lights are flickering but there's no wind.

Could be flood water getting into a power relay station if it on the ground at low level (it was on of the changes I heard mentioned on the news about the power cuts and they proposed flood defences for them or raising them higher off the ground).

Edited by Jax

Posted

looks  like  Kent  and  Sussex  are  getting very heavy  rain  as  if  they need  it there at the moment  and  looking at  the  radar its  heading  to Essex, Suffolk later

Posted

That's it Posted Image here come the sand bags in the village.. Mates house that is a walk away are moving the horses out the fields.. Got a video of the local river just bursting its banks and a torrent of water filling the first fields, after this the ditches that drain the water to the river back up and flood the fields and if it gets to high begins to creep into the back gardens of all the houses...

fingers crossed you will not need the sandbags.

Posted

sounds  nasty keep safe

It has been raining most of the day here and I notice that that up stream the River Ouse now has a flood alert back on due to more rain tonight and tomorrow.

Warning
View on Map
Flood status last changed: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 13:42:00 GMT

Newport Pagnell

River levels are reacting to today's rainfall after falling on already saturated ground. More rain is forecast for tomorrow evening. We will monitor and this flood warning as appropriate

• Like 1

Posted

OK going to bite the bullet and run quickly to the post box as we seem to have a lull in the rain.  Back soon.

This Is Red5, I'm Going Out!

Posted

radar  looks horrible at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Haven't had too much rain here today, just the odd moderate shower. Cloud seems to be thickening and getting darker again now, so looks like more is on the way.

Im starting to really detest this winter, and if nothing starts showing on the models regarding snow and cold soon, I'm going to start doing sun and warmth dances in the garden ;-)

• Like 2

Posted

Took a drive out to the old first at Shoreham. Parked up in the car park overlooking the harbour - watching the boats fight the huge swells on their way out. Then to my surprise I see a guy canoe into the harbour entrance returning from being out on the open water. Insane!!

Edited by totalhysteria

Posted

Haven't had too much rain here today, just the odd moderate shower. Cloud seems to be thickening and getting darker again now, so looks like more is on the way.Im starting to really detest this winter, and if nothing starts showing on the models regarding snow and cold soon, I'm going to start doing sun and warmth dances in the garden ;-)

the heavy stuff in kent its over south end  ,basildon its  looks like its heading our  way  at the moment

Posted

That sounds awful Surrey, I hope the houses stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

the heavy stuff in kent its over south end  ,basildon its  looks like its heading our  way  at the moment

Thanks for the update mate.

Posted

Very wet. A reverse Kent streamer, coming ashore at Brighton / Eastbourne and heading North-east to the North Sea via Herne Bay. Lovely. I think I prefer the one in the other direction. 

• Like 4

Posted

Very wet. A reverse Kent streamer, coming ashore at Brighton / Eastbourne and heading North-east to the North Sea via Herne Bay. Lovely. I think I prefer the one in the other direction. 

its looking  very very  wet  down in the flood plains  of sussex  ,kent,  at  the  moment  lots  of red showing on the  radar