Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

It's Thursday tomorrow already!! How the week fly's...On Monday the words 'Interesting week ahead' was said a few times,

We were looking at half decent CAPE values for Wends/Thurs!

And how wrong we were (Interesting) More boring, Just a shame the sun didn't show it self more,

Then i'm sure things would of been a little better.. More Convective Happenings MethinksPosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tomasz Schafernaker mentioned a risk of thunder and a flash of lightning in the Birmingham area tomorrow on the 22.35 forecast. Still think it will be too cloudy, smoggy and cool tomorrow though.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thick Fog persists here, Temp 5.8c N/E 5mph. 

Posted

Bit weird really, We have misty mucky conditions here that you tend to see when the air is still, But here i have a fair breeze-trees swaying and all that.

Just shows how bad the air is atm.

Posted

Qutie cool today, So far from 6am till now temps have risen just 0.7c... Currently 9.5c and Grey slate skies.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite a nice clearance across SE England coming in now which may come in time for some mid afternoon heating and hopefully a little convection. :)

Posted

I'll be surprised if that reaches us http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Posted

I'll be surprised if that reaches us http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Seems to be edging this way slowly. The front has effectively stalled out west and the clouds are moving in a NWly direction.

Posted

The chances of this happening today is almost nil.. No heat ..No cumulus clouds... No thunderstorms Posted Image

Posted Image

The BBC Weather as the Midlands down for boring patchy rain for this afternoon and 13c.

Just hit 10c Posted Image

Posted

Yeah sadly the cloud free gap in the SE is closing in by more cloud from France. Actually looking forward to SWly winds for a change for something more mobile. Really annoying as SEly winds usually produce better conditions than this! Oh well, if it was sunnier and this happened in mid July it could be about 33-36c right now id guess as weve had quite a few days of SEly winds now!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

First few drops falling now, even though the radar as been showing Precipitation for most of the day.

Now at 9.7c.... Topped out today at 10.1c... By far the Coldest/dullest day of the week.

Posted

Thick Fog continues to persist here.. Top Temp today 7.9c,

Currently

7.3c

S/E 3mph.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm afraid i've switch the central heating back on, I blame all this pollution with levels that have tempered the temperatures somehow... Ahh that's better Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Been raining for an hour or so, still hazy as anything.

SE is usually a wind direction that guarantees dry, clear weather, albeit sometimes hazy/polluted. I've never known a SEly be so cloudy as this one. Apart from Tuesday which was nice at least till late afternoon, it's been as grey as a NEly laden with North Sea gunk. The pollution explains the poor visibility, but why all the cloud? It's continental air with little sea to cross, yet there's even been cloud over France in this airbase.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Been raining for an hour or so, still hazy as anything.

SE is usually a wind direction that guarantees dry, clear weather, albeit sometimes hazy/polluted. I've never known a SEly be so cloudy as this one. Apart from Tuesday which was nice at least till late afternoon, it's been as grey as a NEly laden with North Sea gunk. The pollution explains the poor visibility, but why all the cloud? It's continental air with little sea to cross, yet there's even been cloud over France in this airbase.

frontal cloud i reckon, fronts west of here,

Posted

Showers kicking off Coventry/Stratford way.... incoming http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Posted

Very heavy rain here right now, and plenty more moving up from the south looking at the radar.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain and even more murk.. Not very nice out there atm... No flashy stuff  Posted Image  Beat me to it Bish... lol

• Like 1

Posted

Do think that 'Big blob' down towards Swindon will come this way ? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm afraid i've switch the central heating back on, I blame all this pollution with levels that have tempered the temperatures somehow... Ahh that's better Posted Image

In London we have been hitting 18c+ and by night it has been 10c+, yet it feels cold indoors and the heating has been on nearly every night. Very strange onions, if you ask me!

Posted

In London we have been hitting 18c+ and by night it has been 10c+, yet it feels cold indoors and the heating has been on nearly every night. Very strange onions, if you ask me!

Wow 18c+ I would of had the pool out Posted Image lol....We've been hitting your 18s & 19s last week, But today with the mist & murk i've topped out at 10.1c, but some at just 7.0cPosted Image

Posted

Got to about 11c here. Pretty poor compared to recently.

Posted

Do think that 'Big blob' down towards Swindon will come this way ? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

I reckon it's got our name on it, Dancer. Heading right at us, more or less :)

Bish

Posted

I reckon it's got our name on it, Dancer. Heading right at us, more or less Posted Image

Bish

Good might help in clearing this rotten/pongy air!!! The back of my throat the last two days as made it feel like sand-paper Posted Image

Posted

Ironically the cooler fresher air tomorrow will bring temperature's back up to 14-16c for most of us.

Shame this weekend's looking rather poor, we really got lucky last month with the best of the sunshine & warmth all managing to fall on the weekend's.