Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

thunderstorm's over and the sun's out here now. Is this it? Or is there mor moving in?

Posted

The bit in the middle where the band dissipates is Shropshire storm shield strikes again!

That pic and raintoday which I've been following shows it brilliantly! Note how it's keeping going around Welshpool area as well, it's just the Shrews/Telford corridor where it breaks up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

That pic and raintoday which I've been following shows it brilliantly! Note how it's keeping going around Welshpool area as well, it's just the Shrews/Telford corridor where it breaks up.

Yeah I was watching it on rain today could not believe it, unfortunately its not the 1st time it has happened and it wont be the last. So frustrating!

Posted

Yeah I was watching it on rain today could not believe it, unfortunately its not the 1st time it has happened and it wont be the last. So frustrating!

About the 20th time in the last 3 years.. It doesn't seem to matter what wind direction we have, storms always die here! There really seems to be something preventing deep convection in this area- the amount of time cumulus drifts over from Wales and magically spreads out over Shropshire is further evidence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Well, that cell totally bypassed me... skies are still grey, but nothing else happening... *le cry*

Seems to be heading NNW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It's gone very dark to the south of here again. More incoming?Bish

I think we should probably send this next possible storm to Shrewsbury and Telford. In one piece! (But obviously after we've done with it first. He hee). :p Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

@tx1. Anymore incoming for birmingham? Sun stil out here in brum. All u folks who didn't get a t-storm i'm sure your turn will come soon don't foreget keep your chin up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Just been informed by a meteorological friend... did anyone pick up on Coventry Airport's 15:20 METAR report?

EGBE 281520Z 07006KT 050V110 6000 VCSH TS FC SCT025CB FEW040TCU 10/04 Q1015

METAR Decoded

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nothing heard here, barely a spot since this morning. It's been extremely bad luck to miss out here today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Much much lighter rain this time. No hail, thunder or lightning either. I bet the Solihull storm shield was only down earlier probably because their had been a fault with the storm shield or something...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Our Nick's in the Mids and not reporting...shame on you lol Posted Image

Even if it's drizzle it's the principle! Nick..c'mon.

Hope you're not having a pop at the mods triple one? Posted ImageDid you get a storm in the end.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

All sliding SW of here, black skies in the distance.

Very decent outlook today Posted Image thank goodness i'll get at least an hour a day in the garden after work with the clocks going forward before the sun goes below the roof Posted Image

Edited by conor123
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I feel cheated LOL it is against our human rights surely...distant rumble then? Yup..

It all counts. I'm only on five Thunder days this year too, so disappointing. Posted Image I feel that Lincolnshire is not going to be the Thunderstorm capital for once, its going be costa del Berkshire and I might push it towards parts of the Midlands. Let's share the Thunder love this year.

Anyway best get off to my own locale before you Midlanders get a bit rowdy. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A large storm in Stoke-on-Trent it seems. Gutted I'm not in the area at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Glad I could be of service bringing the storms back. And as promised I'm bringing the warmth too. Looks like extended it for you too next week :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Only got a few rumbles here, guess the storms didn't feel like trekking over the Malverns, went round it instead. Posted Image

Posted

Typical!!! cell dies down before it reaches here. only to pep up again once it passes....Posted Image

That's the Telford Storm Shield for ya :lol: only 4 days till the Sun Shield powers up till September to :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Absolute beast of a storm just passed. Was going for a good 30-45 minutes. The hail associated with the core was just insane.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just a few short showers of rain and hail here today although there were much more serious showers in the vicinity.

A few hailstones of 6 mm diameter in the first shower around 1445 but all the others were of rain and small hail.

Posted

Yes really quite a good storm in Stoke earlier, that's the best 2 storms in 5 years for this area already this year! The rain afterwards was very intense too. I was driving at the time & had to slow right down, just couldn't see a thing!