Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Not even a hint of sun here, thick smoggy haze, stuck at 13c and can't even make out the sun through the murk it's that thick. Standard Shropshire vs the rest weather aha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just having a look at the N/Weather 'Weather Now' And it's stating that Birmingham Airport is 'Clear and Sunny' Wrong!! Posted Imagehttp://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=curnow;sess=

I must admit in the last few minutes things are starting to look a little better here Posted Image Currently 17.5c.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No matter some cloud about its still marvellous for March

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

15:15 - 21.1°C

Still going nicely... Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Conor most of the cloud is now associated with cloud in the south east coming out of France. Might actually clear a bit soon as there is a kink in the cloud on its western flank. No where near as cold as 13c here though. 18c presently

Posted

Guess what?  Back in and full cloud cover.....Given up now Posted Image ... Anyway Dale Hay where do you get your data from... Seems to high, even Greater London ain't do that?

Posted

Guess what?  Back in and full cloud cover.....Given up now Posted Image ... Anyway Dale Hay where do you get your data from... Seems to high, even Greater London ain't do that?

I'm getting mine from our nearest weather station (Polesworth) ... just made a little PHP script that grabs the information every 15 minutes. (It could be in direct sunlight for all I know though)

Posted

Most personal ws over read a few degrees even if in the shade.

Posted

Most personal ws over read a few degrees even if in the shade.

Yeah, this could be the case here... however some of the readings are matching the METAR reports from Coventry airport too (temp and pressure), so they'll probably be close enough. Posted Image

Posted

I tend to agree most personal weather stations are ott! This link shows that http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/26-Newsflashes/Weather-Conditions/110-current-weather-around-solihull.html

And Dale that 'polesworth station' is on it,..... It has one of the highest readings on their 20c atm.

Posted

Not even it's hint of sthaoggy haze, stuck at 13c and can't even make out the sun through the murk it's that thick. Standard Shropshire vs the rest weather aha!

The sun has managed to shine on and off here, but its weaker than in midwinter. It isn't the ground level haze that's the problem (though that is definitely there), but that stupid medium/high level muck that always seems to turn up in a southerly type airflow nowadays. Bits of Ac with masses of that ill defined stuff that looks like stratocumulus at altocumulus height, all turning the sky a totally unnatural blue-grey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Met office West Midlands and South West forecasts acknowledging the thunder risk tonight and tomorrow. :)

• Like 2

Posted

The sun has managed to shine on and off here, but its weaker than in midwinter. It isn't the ground level haze that's the problem (though that is definitely there), but that stupid medium/high level muck that always seems to turn up in a southerly type airflow nowadays. Bits of Ac with masses of that ill defined stuff that looks like stratocumulus at altocumulus height, all turning the sky a totally unnatural blue-grey.

FINALLY some sunshine now it's after 5pm :lol:, to little to late to sit in the garden at this time though as it's still to low in the sky and leaves the garden by half 4.

Posted

Not much by way of sunshine here today, but a max temp of 18.8c nonetheless.

Really looking forward to the lighter evenings, gives us more options for getting my Dad out for his daily walk :)

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Anybody that's interested in thunderstorms may like this up and coming wednesday

Posted Image This shows warm moist air over England & Wales.. The 546dam well over us.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Not 100% how to interpret these charts but in the past i've taken these on face value... A Lot of convective unstable air and energy in the atmosphere!!!!

If these charts come off most of us won't be able to contain ourselves.

• Like 1

Posted

Still sitting out in the garden now. Very pleasant. Sun is shining. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Anybody that's interested in thunderstorms may like this up and coming wednesday

Posted Image This shows warm moist air over England & Wales.. The 546dam well over us.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Not 100% how to interpret these charts but in the past i've taken these on face value... A Lot of convective unstable air and energy in the atmosphere!!!!

If these charts come off most of us won't be able to contain ourselves.

I would fully expect any storm's heading towards Shropshire to just die then reinvigorate once the said storm has left! As for today the cloud shifted after 4, I swear there was a spot or 2 of rain around 3ish while I was out I defo felt something.

Posted

I would fully expect any storm's heading towards Shropshire to just die then reinvigorate once the said storm has left! As for today the cloud shifted after 4, I swear there was a spot or 2 of rain around 3ish while I was out I defo felt something.

Could lead to nothing but with high CAPE values come Weds Big storms (fingers crossed) don't die out just because of your Post Code...

But i do know where you were coming from... lol ! Maybe tonight/morning we may hear a rumble or two but don't hold your breath folks!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Could lead to nothing but with high CAPE values come Weds Big storms (fingers crossed) don't die out just because of your Post Code...But i do know where you were coming from... lol ! Maybe tonight/morning we may hear a rumble or two but don't hold your breath folks!!!!

Fingers and toes crossed here lol! :)

Posted

Waited all day for clear skies and now its dark.... Here we have them.... Great if you like Stars Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Waited all day for clear skies and now its dark.... Here we have them.... Great if you like Stars Posted Image

Yes it is a starry night, but its weird sitting out in a T shirt and shorts pointing binoculars at things in Gemini and Cancer. Those are constellations you see on cold, frosty nights

Posted

ive bought a boltek ld 350 lightning detector which i'm still waiting for,so in the mean time have had the time to setup my map using the Astrogenic nexstorm & Stormvue ngx its not showing live data yet because i need the dtector on.

tell me what you think the link is below its got buttons so you can change zoom strike time ect.

it should be uploading data this weekend i'll let you know

all comments welcome.

Thel link is below

http://andys-uk-lightning-detector.net/stormvue/StormVueNG.swf

Edited by STORMGUY
  • Like 4

Posted

ive bought a boltek ld 350 lightning detector which i'm still waiting for,so in the mean time have had the time to setup my map using the Astrogenic nexstorm & Stormvue ngx its not showing live data yet because i need the dtector on.

tell me what you think the link is below its got buttons so you can change zoom strike time ect.

it should be uploading data this weekend i'll let you know

all comments welcome.

Thel link is below

http://andys-uk-lightning-detector.net/stormvue/StormVueNG.swf

Already looking very impressive. Added to my weather favourites, hopefully it'll see plenty of action over the coming months Posted Image

Bish

Posted

STORMGUY... Looks the businessPosted Image  Already added to the list of my bookmarks ....Great first name by the way lol