Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It's infuriating, and now we're stuck under the outflow cloud from those further west. My fingers are crossed for when the wind backs more westerly later.

Very much so, never really do well out of stuff coming from the South west - South or SE or West is better.

Posted

Im waiting nervously here in west yorks.Hoping things intensify in the next couple hrs when things should start happening here!

Come to pappa lol

You watch pennines split them and little ol me in the eye of no storm doh!!!!!

Good luck all

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Been a dry day so far but it looks like some heavy rain is making it's towards me from the SW. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Heavy rain and a few rumbles of thunder here in Cardiff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Thunder here in Swanage at the moment. Bone dry though.

Posted

Thunder heard here by the 'rents, but was on GTAV and had headphones on so missed out on that. More looks to be coming up from the south though so could be a lively evening ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Well that was short but sweet!!.5 or 6 good flashes of lightning and gunshot thunder,with a mixture of heavy rain and hail.Very gusty winds,the whole event probably lasted 10 mins!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

(Warning. A few expletives)..tornado spotted Merseyside today. Shortlived but pretty noticeable, not surprised one iota after the cloud rotation i saw earlier.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0FHwI-s2w

Just an ordinary spell of heavy rain here, although I did notice that the wind had backed to the south-east before it started. No thunder here of course, this is North Merseyside we're talking about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

one moderate shower here and that was it......drove through a torrential shower though earlier that passed through Bristol around midday, this particular cell matured into a decent thunderstorm as it tracked up the M5 corridor towards Worcester an hour or so later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So is it still gonna happen in the south east and south central areas? Or was that yet another massive hyped-up non-event disguised as a level 1?

Doesn't look like there's anything more to come on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Missed everything here! :)

:(

I quite like my Netatmo stations forecast for tomorrow..

The MO app has the hail icon for tomorrow and Friday, that icon is rare!

post-15177-0-44071600-1412783178_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hope supacell's in a good position :)

Thank you and I was in an ok position. I was near to a place called Brailsford between Derby and Ashbourne and was able to observe some rotation in a heavy shower which then produced a couple of flashes and bangs of thunder as it moved off. Looks to have brought some branches off trees as it moved NE towards Belper area as reports on the radio of branches in roads.

Back home in Derby and just heard a rumble to my south :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

(Warning. A few expletives)..tornado spotted Merseyside today. Shortlived but pretty noticeable, not surprised one iota after the cloud rotation i saw earlier.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0FHwI-s2w

Pretty awesome footage of a brief tornado touchdown.

Just two rumbles from the shower to my south, maybe southeast and that seems to be it for now.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

So is it still gonna happen in the south east and south central areas? Or was that yet another massive hyped-up non-event disguised as a level 1?

That is extremely harsh comment given Level 1 conditions have been experienced in a number of locations! Just because it doesn't happen in your back yard it doesn't mean no warning is needed!! It hasn't happened here either but so what.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Pretty awesome footage of a brief tornado touchdown.

Just two rumbles from the shower to my south, maybe southeast and that seems to be it for now.

Yes indeed! Just shows you how quickly these storms can pop up out of nowhere and disappear within a second. Good job it was over countryside, it looks like it was very intense briefly, would have done a lot of damage to property I would of thought......Well done for filming it :good:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A heavy thundery shower here one rumble as it passed over. 129mm per hour at one bit though.