Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Excuse me but I was actually observing that several forecasts (including estofex - who I love) put a severe weather / tornado warning area which has so far been one of the areas completely missing out.

I kind of dont care either - I'd like to care but it's just another non-event.

Non event are you for real?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

It is so warm here. I have my window open and it is still humid and hot for sleeping. Storms please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Distant lightning flashes to the west of me ..30 miles away at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It is so warm here. I have my window open and it is still humid and hot for sleeping. Storms please!

21c at night in October :shok:

Posted

when the sky was clear earlier I saw distant flashes from the N wales storm, it must be at least 60 or 70 miles away  :shok: ,  since its clouded up here I see nothing now ,  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

It looks like Manchester has missed out again... :80:

Hopefully I'll get something by the end of the week at least. I'll take a thundery shower if I can't get anything else - it's better than nought.

Edited by ScottRichards10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just cold and wet here :/ would love to hear some thunder!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Someone referenced Stafford earlier, we caught the main core here too. Absolutely violent rain and wind for about 15 minutes, then prolonged moderate rain for well over an hour after. Thunder and lightning all over the place for a short period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

As someone has mentioned today, convection is too shallow and the atmosphere is too mobile for AcCas to develop. It was most likely Altocumulus. :)

Looking like altocumulus castellanus cloud to me but you're probably right. :D

Posted

Heavy downpour atm. 

Posted

Some hail mixed in now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rather eerie earlier here as lightning was occasionally flickering whilst the moon was out too! Could be an interesting night as the instability looks to shift towards us in Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

First distant boom of thunder a minute ago here.

Posted

Just heard thunder!! WHOOP :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Just very heavy rain here today on and off. Skies looked very threatening but nothing materialised. Wales looks like the place to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A closer rumble now about 3 miles away.

Posted

Very strange to be sitting here hearing the occasional rumble of thunder with the sounds of geese flying overhead....

Posted

Well what a day, lost count of the number of storms to pass by or over us, but it is at least 7 or 8 since this morning. 

This evening has witnessed visible lightning from various directions for most of the past 4 hours since dusk, and with occasional storm cells passing nearby/ over us since 8pm, some brilliant flashes of FL and SL and loud thunder at times. Rainwise, brief heavy even torrential bursts and hail but have only amounted to 3mm during this evening, although we have had 19mm in total since 10am.

Another little cell rumbling by... plenty more queueing up to the SW over Pembrokeshire!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

well that sells seems to have died as it came inland, but gave a close rumble and some torrential rain and hail for a few minutes As it passed overhead. Nice. More on their way I think.

Posted

Best night of storms I've seen here. It started with a very dangerous strike that hit the field about 100 meters or so. My hair was standing on end just before it happened. Was blind and deaf for a good while. The storms haven't stopped coming since.

Went for a drive up to the local view point and could see lightning all over the Irish sea, waiting in line to come ashore. Still going on now.  

Posted

What is incredible is how virtually every cell has been electrified!

Posted

What is incredible is how virtually every cell has been electrified!

Yeah I cant believe how each cell that has come ashore since about 7 o clock has produced amazing lightning. It almost seems like one big storm because each cell is straight after each other.