Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Best one of the day now many TL and FL within a mile or 2 torrential rain!! Really loud T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Andy I'm.in caernarfon and I thought it was nuts. Really constant thunder and lightning for 5 hrs. Checked the lightning detector and it doesn't show most of them. I've probably seen well over 200 lightning strikes tonight easily

Posted

Keep getting awoke by thunder! It goes on and on..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Been woken up by quite an active storm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

same its very very loud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Again another thunderstorm. Why are we getting so much?? Never seen this much from a Spanish ploom. Somethings Up in the atmosphere??

Posted

Really loud rolling rumbles. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a couple of lively showers passed through in in the wee small hours accompanied by very gusty winds. No T&L though sadly.

Already though a lively start to the day over parts of Wales as well as NW England and Devon/Cornwall

Posted

Been going on over an hour now! Soon be time to get up for work so no point trying to get back to sleep!  :angry:

Posted

Crazy night! Nearly non stop thunderstorms, one after the other between 7pm and 6am. Never seen anything like it to last all night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Crazy night! Nearly non stop thunderstorms, one after the other between 7pm and 6am. Never seen anything like it to last all night!

Lucky you, I managed to miss everything yesterday & only recorded 0.3mm of rain. Crazy stuff as it looked like I was in the sweet spot. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Absolutely nothing here last night, only a light rain shower this morning. I have experienced loads of thunderstorms this year in fact there has been more thunderstorms here this year than any other year that I can remember. Pretty windy this morning but nothing exciting.

Edited by William Grimsley

Loads of storms here also since yesterday afternoon, lost count. Several downpours and firework displays last night and more storms this morning. A nasty overhead storm around 9am along with a cloudburst and hail and another storm near now with a few flashes and loud thunder.

Yesterday I'm sure I saw positive lightning, maybe super bolt? There was a large anvil towering close to the S and a fork seemed to come out of the anvil and streaked across the blue sky and produced loud thunder.  The core of the storm seemed some distance away. Can't remember seeing lightning along a blue sky background before, strange.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

I wish I made a note of the day this was but a few years ago I was dropping off a friend to a place in West Runton on the north Norfolk coast. It was clear blue skies and a flash that looked like lightning seemed to appear not far off above me. I said I was sure I just saw lightning but thought how could it be possible? Theres not a storm in sight. I just got through Cromer on the way back and I could see flashes in the distance. I pulled over and watched it for a couple of minutes then I thought what the hell and carried on. It soon became apparent as the skies blackened and darkened that it was going to be the most electrically active storm I had ever seen and still is to date.

After that it seemed more real that it could have been a stray bolt from the incredible cell approaching from the South. Imagine getting that on camera! Billion to one shot I'd say.

Edited by Greenday

Posted

Loads of storms here also since yesterday afternoon, lost count. Several downpours and firework displays last night and more storms this morning. A nasty overhead storm around 9am along with a cloudburst and hail and another storm near now with a few flashes and loud thunder.

Yesterday I'm sure I saw positive lightning, maybe super bolt? There was a large anvil towering close to the S and a fork seemed to come out of the anvil and streaked across the blue sky and produced loud thunder.  The core of the storm seemed some distance away. Can't remember seeing lightning along a blue sky background before, strange.

I saw one around 1910 some 20 miles from a cloud SE of here, the Cb was hidden by trees but the lightning (from the anvil?) was quite blinding and made me jump! No thunder though.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Blue sky all around here in london. I expect showers will start up just before the sun goes down and everything will die off before it gets chance to do anything remotely interesting.

To those in the firing line(s) today - enjoy and make the most of it!

Regarding the West Runton story - we went there back in the early nineties and I remember hearing the first rumbles from what was an amazing storm while we sat on the platform at West Runton station. I think they get good old storms there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Insane rain here in Dijon. Have to walk to work for 1600 but nicely ensconced in my room for now!

Posted

Looks like a Cb is approaching to the SW, probably over Worthing/Littlehampton at the moment heading NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really want these cells in the Severn to shift it eastwards and give some different places a dousing. Really frustrating watching the cbs basically not move all morning!