Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Superb cb structures out west all afternoon but have missed all the cells today. South Wales looks to have had a battering from some of them. Like I said in the southwest thread the sky had a slight summery appearance to it this afternoon, the whole tinge of the sky and cloud structures reminded me a lot of the evening of July 19th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Just had a bit of thunder and lightning here. I can't say I was expecting it... Maybe more to come later? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Some photos of the train of cbs in the Bristol Channel and over South Wales this afternoon:

P1120279_zps26d213f7.jpgP1120280_zps6670d9f5.jpgP1120282_zpsdb3fae17.jpgP1120284_zps2a0e2fe5.jpgP1120286_zpsfedb383c.jpgP1120289_zps8aa9686e.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Evil thunder, just evil, lots of lightning strikes too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Been seeing the odd flash and have been hearing the occasional deep rumble for a while now, just starting to get more frequent and a tad louder too :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Thunderstorm just outside of margate not long ago :)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Blimey. Cracking little storm here, just witnessed a very close CG with the associated shotgun thunder.

Had 2 nearby thunderstorms earlier with fork lightning and house shaking thunder. Can't believe how much thunder and lightning we've had this year, seems like the last 10 years put together.  Some non-thundery downpours too, 20mm since last night.

Caught a bolt on the camera!

292o7iq.jpg

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

looking forward to this thundery weather leaving us, its getting tiring now. seems most of the last few thunder events seem to be sticking towards the coastal areas, wonder if thats going to be the typical setup of the storms until next spring/summer when the prime season comes up?

that said earlier MetO seemed to have the whole of wales under thunder symbols, l thought they were predicting some sort of apocalypse..then again their forecasts have been abysmal today, was supposed to be dry all day, had rain most of it, in fact we have had the complete opposite of whatever symbol was on their forecast page.. heres hoping for some settled weather and some frosty weather tho snow would be nice since we are coming up to christmas.

Posted

me miss thunder? never lol, granted l do like seeing it.. but when lm at home lve got allot of sensitive computer equipment which is why l took an interest in how to get an idea of potential so l had warning of a storm possibly coming my way.. tbh l could use a good nights sleep havent slept properly for a few days now due to possibilities want a good long spell of non-thundery weather to recharge the batteries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well amazing show of lights from what looks like an incredibly potent cell near Chichester.

I would even hazard a guess that selsey may have just had a tornado by the look of it on radar - but who knows...

Lots of lightning about now tho :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

loads of lightning through the night here,gotta love night time storms,stunning

Posted

tumblr_nesrgsznX81r8bpw1o1_1280.jpgtumblr_netwl7YPgh1r8bpw1o1_1280.jpg

Here's a couple of screen shots from some footage I took with my phone last night, looking over Brighton. Had a number of storms pass through from about 9:30pm - 3:00am. 

Edited by liambailey09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Woww what a special night last night! Best Autumn and 2nd ever best thunderstorms i have experience, I was literally speechless with what happened! I will explain more tomorrow but all I can say is wow!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Storm & Convective Forecast

Issued 2014-11-11 23:28:29

Valid: 12/11/14 0000z to 13/11/14 0600z

post-1052-0-64160300-1415748635_thumb.jp

THERE IS A RISK OF THUNDERSTORMS FORECAST

Synopsis

A negatively-tilted (NW-SE aligned) upper trough slides east across across western Europe over next 24 hrs, above slow-moving low pressure system remaining west of Ireland. An unstable and showery SWly flow establishes across the UK on Wednesday, with shortwave troughs embedded in the flow moving NE enhancing convection with a risk of isolated to scattered thunderstorms.

... EIRE, N. IRELAND, ENGLAND, WALES and W SCOTLAND ...

Low-mid level lapse rates will steepen from the SW during Wednesday morning, as mid-level temperatures drop with advance of upper trough from the W/SW. As a result, heavy showers and thunderstorms are likely to develop, initially across SW UK early Weds, before becoming more widespread across the UK during the day, as colder uppers and forcing for ascent from one or two shortwave troughs spread NE. Thunderstorms will be rather isolated inland away from coastal areas and most likely near troughs moving through. Heavy showers/storms are likely to be accompanied by hail and gusty winds and more organised cells near troughs may bring localised flooding, particularly areas of SW Britain that have seen high rainfall totals over recent days.

Source: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Edited by Nick F

Posted

l was just looking at the charts for saturday, the will it thunder page and the storm forecast page seem to be giving the herefordshire area a 52% chance between 6 and 9pm (at this second) however lve looked twice and if lm reading the storm forecast chart/UK Cape charts correctly then lm pretty confused at how that percentage was worked out.. especially considering 40% on the storm forecast seems as high as its possibly projected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Heaviest rain all year here. Torrential downpour, couldn't see the houses across the road and cars stopped to let it pass. Road now looks like a river.