Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I've had wet snow in Armley so not massively marginal but its struggled to settle on concrete.

Headed to my parents now.

Big grey clouds in the distance so I assume more snow on the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Got up for work at 5am to a nice thin covering again today. Second covering from a westerly ever recorded here and the 1st was on Wednesday :)

Snow showers turn to sleet during the morning in York however they stayed as snow above 100metres as can be seen here whilst out delivering round the Howardian Hills around lunchtime. (Yearsley is 150m asl)

10937600_10155152717555245_339243700_n.j

Showers look to fade somewhat into the evening however some places may still see accumilations. My attention is then mainly focused on tomorrow as we see a small shortwave move down the east coast which could give a good covering to the likes of the North York Moors/Wolds, this will then be followed by some more convective showers which could last much of the night and the snow level will drop to much lower levels away from the immediate coast (maybe me). The MetO precip forecast looks good: 

10884999_10155153081435245_98890586_n.jp

And also latest NMM:

nmmuk-1-33-0.png?17-12

So hopefully eastern areas can get in on the action a bit before we see the snow pendulum swing back in favour of West/South Yorkshire on Tuesday as the slider approaches from the west.

• Like 1

Posted

Weirdly hailing in Bradford center.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms. Big ones.

Are we expecting any more serious snow later?

Met Office, netweather, accuweather all saying different things.

Posted

Just driven from Leeds City centre to Pudsey. Absolute different world.

Heavy snow shower up here from about the Beulah Pub onwards and full cover still from when I left at 8am.

Got a work colleague heading up to Queensbury now will get her to mail a pic.hopefully

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Great crisp day earlier now we have moderate rainfall here in Immingham.

Posted

Hi Guys, my first post here but i live in Queensbury about 1100ft ASL, still snowing here approx 10cm+ on the ground. However it warmed up to 2degrees c earlier and a slow thaw started however its back down to below 1 now and snowing lightly 

Posted

Great crisp day earlier now we have moderate rainfall here in Immingham.

Same here, its only 2.8C with a dewpoint of 1.3C yet its still rain.

Seems we cant win whether there's an onshore breeze or a westerly. Hopefully chances will improve when colder uppers arrive from the North. Its highly frustrating.

Posted

i have seen nothing to get excited about regards snow potential for here, met office forecast is dry until wednesday night then rain, so chilly days and nights before less cold air moves in i guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Are we expecting any more serious snow later?

Met Office, netweather, accuweather all saying different things.

Hard to say. Don't expect too much then you won't be too disappointed.

There is a line of showers now heading in from the west that looks to be on course for Leeds and Sheffield and most areas in between so we shall see if anything comes of that.

Temperature is now down to 1.8c and falling slowly but the ground is still fairly wet so it is going to be touch and go.

Posted

Hi Guys, my first post here but i live in Queensbury about 1100ft ASL, still snowing here approx 10cm+ on the ground. However it warmed up to 2degrees c earlier and a slow thaw started however its back down to below 1 now and snowing lightly

Good stuff Steveyd. Always getting tonked with snow up there even in the summer! Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Suspect the showers will die away annoying as I can see a dusting of snow to the north of us.  Now 3.7C falling slowly.

Posted

Same here, its only 2.8C with a dewpoint of 1.3C yet its still rain.

Seems we cant win whether there's an onshore breeze or a westerly. Hopefully chances will improve when colder uppers arrive from the North. Its highly frustrating.

Yeah, took the dog for a long walk earlier, could see a lot of rain clouds over toward the north bank, seems we stayed dry for somewhat longer. Thought we were missing out on something good cos it 'feels' right conditions for snow.. but actually not!

Posted

Just to the north of the city centre in Sheffield, at home, there is 0.5cm of snow! Lovelt to come home to after a heavy shower that lighly dusted the verges in Attercliffe on lower ground. It was like wow when we got home

Shirecliffe, Sheffield, 150m

Posted

Lol, spoke too soon it just started snowing, proper flakes too... ug for literally 5 seconds. *sigh* fingers crossed

Edited by djrikki

Posted

Ahh drizzle .....  :sorry: :sorry:

You can see the attempt of a shower here http://92.234.201.173:82/en/mjpgmain.asp

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Ahh drizzle .....  :sorry: :sorry:

You can see the attempt of a shower here http://92.234.201.173:82/en/mjpgmain.asp

Its been so poor today hasnt it! Im very dissapointed. Got nothing all day. The radar is inaccurate too I think. If you look at netweather one right now, shows sleet and snow over Sheffield.

Well im looking out my window and its broken cloud and dry lol. Pethetic!

EDIT @ 17:00 - FINALY got a bit of something, but even up here its still only very slushy snow with hail mixed in. Rubbish!! :wallbash:

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

welcome to the boards Steveyd  ........you are in the right place today

Posted

Temp 0.8 degrees and dropping away nicely now, having dropped 0.4 degrees in the last hour. Some big beefy showers heading into our region shortly, just in time for temps dropping!

Amazing how much difference elevation has made today. Snow has not settled at sea level at all, despite snowing on and off all day, at my level (100m) it has settled a bit in the morning but become increasingly sleety/patchy as the day goes on, but above 200m it had really settled thickly, with most of the snow settling.

Posted

Big heavy blob of snow hitting the North west coast. Our region looks like it will get a direct hit from that! Probably about an hour and a half away, but some showers to look forward to before then :)

Posted

odd flake drifting down now.