Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

10863583_10155018735185245_1306653306_n.10872703_10152555070321592_1252696705_n.

Praise be to the BBC, widespread snow now forecast on the TV.

I'm assuming their own private models are telling them this because the one available to us barely gets this far north.

I am rather confused by the latest BBC forecast, it shows heavier precip reaching Leeds/York however this is what the MetO precip forecast looks like.

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I can't copy and paste from my phone but somebody took screenshots from the BBC forecast and the precipitation is over Yorkshire and snow.

If somebody can look in the model thread on the last page or two and post it here that would be great.

10863583_10155018735185245_1306653306_n.10872703_10152555070321592_1252696705_n.

I am rather confused by the latest BBC forecast, it shows heavier precip reaching Leeds/York however this is what the MetO precip forecast looks like.

Private models I guess. Will have to see what Fergie says.

There we go, excellent.

Posted

I can't copy and paste from my phone but somebody took screenshots from the BBC forecast and the precipitation is over Yorkshire and snow.

If somebody can look in the model thread on the last page or two and post it here that would be great.

There we go, excellent.

On the BBC precip chart above it looks like the centre of the low is over Portsmouth as shown by the arrows, however the precip seems quite far North, I would of thought it would be immediatley north of the centre of the low. Could be wrong...

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Doesn't look too bad for Sheffield

post-2404-0-35879600-1419532269_thumb.pn

Posted

Here's a good precursor to how far north the precipitation will reach.

I'm keeping a close eye on whether or not northern ireland get any heavy precipitation, if they do the low has tracked far enough north and we are well in the game : )

Posted

On the BBC precip chart above it looks like the centre of the low is over Portsmouth as shown by the arrows, however the precip seems quite far North, I would of thought it would be immediatley north of the centre of the low. Could be wrong...

Deepening low. Even if the low center is tracking ESE it may be deepening enough to force the front north.

Posted

Deepening low. Even if the low center is tracking ESE it may be deepening enough to force the front north.

Well the more it deepens the further north it should go.

• Like 1

Posted

Well the more it deepens the further north it should go.

Lets hope it deepens then lads and might save me some fuel money  :help:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

There we go, excellent.

SB that forecast is out of date, that forecast by Phil Avery was based on Earlier runs, the graphic is still similar on Nina Ridge's forecast but I would expect the graphic to change based on the 12z runs and change again accordingly around 1am I would have thought based on the 18z's. looking further south to me now.

Posted

The graphics are the same on the latest forecasts for 12 at night tomorrow.

post-8968-0-54218200-1419534216_thumb.jp

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

The graphics are the same on the latest forecasts

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-12-25-18-58-38.jpg

Looks great for central/west/east Yorkshire, although I believe it will be a radar job tomorrow!

Posted

The graphics are the same on the latest forecasts for 12 at night tomorrow.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-12-25-18-58-38.jpg

Yes but that could be because they haven't changed them yet, Normally they change by the 6.25 BBC forecast but could be different because its xmas, don't forget we only get 2 BBC website updates a day now wheras we used to have 4, BBC budget probably much lower these days, even when they don't expect a significant change, the graphics usually update to something slightly different as no 2 runs are ever going to be exactly the same, I would say a bit of snow possible but earlier it was looking like a really significant fall possible.

Posted

Yes but that could be because they haven't changed them yet, Normally they change by the 6.25 BBC forecast but could be different because its xmas, don't forget we only get 2 BBC website updates a day now wheras we used to have 4, BBC budget probably much lower these days, even when they don't expect a significant change, the graphics usually update to something slightly different as no 2 runs are ever going to be exactly the same, I would say a bit of snow possible but earlier it was looking like a really significant fall possible.

Did you not see the forecast yesterday? The front was no further north than Birmingham now it's up in Yorkshire.

There has been no downgrade as of yet from the BBC just upgrades so far.

Posted

SB that forecast is out of date, that forecast by Phil Avery was based on Earlier runs, the graphic is still similar on Nina Ridge's forecast but I would expect the graphic to change based on the 12z runs and change again accordingly around 1am I would have thought based on the 18z's. looking further south to me now.

This mornings runs were also too far south. There clearly going with something we don't have access to.

Posted

Did you not see the forecast yesterday? The front was no further north than Birmingham now it's up in Yorkshire.

There has been no downgrade as of yet from the BBC just upgrades so far.

Agreed but the NMM has slowly corrected southwards, we could still get something and what I would say is that the NAE used to over do the snow on the PPN type charts, the Euro4 is a better model overall but tends to under do but we could do with a hefty Northwards shift on the 18z.

This mornings runs were also too far south. There clearly going with something we don't have access to.

Could it be the UKV?

Posted

They were also refusing to go past 12pm tomorrow well into the afternoon so its puzzling that they'd go for it unless they have confidence.

Agreed but the NMM has slowly corrected southwards, we could still get something and what I would say is that the NAE used to over do the snow on the PPN type charts, the Euro4 is a better model overall but tends to under do but we could do with a hefty Northwards shift on the 18z.

Could it be the UKV?

No idea about the UKV.

Posted

clearly the bbc weather are following there own models that they have i reckon it will be all down to reports and radar watching tomorrow

Posted

They were also refusing to go past 12pm tomorrow well into the afternoon so its puzzling that they'd go for it unless they have confidence.

No idea about the UKV.

They have to go for it sometime so that's why Nina said they don't have much confidence on earlier forecasts, she's on again in 6 minutes so we get another look.

Posted

Apologies for being wrong if this verifies but the caveat is, I don't know how recent it was made.

post-1038-0-91899900-1419534125_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

FWIW, here is the WeatherOnline forecast for Leeds:

N7qlq3N.png

This winter is already going to be better than last winter by a million miles and it's not even January.

Oh, and the BBC show light snow here on Saturday.

Edited by cheese

Posted

FWIW, here is the WeatherOnline forecast for Leeds:

N7qlq3N.png

This winter is already going to be better than last winter by a million miles and it's not even January.

Oh, and the BBC show light snow here on Saturday.

FWIW I can see Bradford getting something (more than me) but later Saturday afternoon, not when the BBC map graphic shows it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Most models have it too far south for all apart from south yorkshire, but there will be changes tomorrow. A slight move north and where all in business.

Posted

Most models have it too far south for all apart from south yorkshire, but there will be changes tomorrow. A slight move north and where all in business.

Nope that would take south Yorkshire out of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

The NMM12 on NW extra would have us all in it at 9pm-12 tomorrow.