Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Based on the NMM4 the snow should start at 6/7pm and last until midnight for West Yorkshire.

Edited by Barry95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

i hope we get to see some here, kids would love it, been too long waiting now haha, hope you all had a great xmas  :smiliz19:

Posted

Not expecting very much in the way of lying snow here maybe scrape 1cm at most and if the rain is light it probably won't be enough to cool the atmosphere down. Just a case of radar watching to see the track and dew point and temperature watching.

Your in amazing location for snowfall imo I'd rather be where you are than where I am.

The radar looks pretty good but it guess we'll see.

Posted

i hope we get to see some here, kids would love it, been too long waiting now haha, hope you all had a great xmas  :smiliz19:

but then again, just checked metO and we only forecast sleet :( oh well fingers crossed still lol

Posted

Hi Everyone.

Hope the seasonal period is going well.

I would still prefer the front to be a little north..then the whole region is in the firing line....

Posted

***UPDATE***

It's looking good guys, been keeping an eye on the precipitation over ireland and the heavy stuff is a good 30/40 miles further north than progged on the NAE model. Just compare the NAE chart for 3pm and the radar at 2pm today!  

(Would like to compare both models at 2pm as is always better like for like but the NAE only shows 3 hour intervals, also only in the last couple of hours has heavy stuff pushed north into northern ireland when infact it should have pushed SEE.)

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Some ways to go yet to increase the probability in my "kneck o the woods"

26% chance of snowfall using "Pits" live weather data 3.6c air temp & 1.8c dew pt, and his stations relatively higher up than most parts of SYorks (but a chance these will lower slightly?)

Far from convinced with ALL the vital 500, 850, DP & DAM charts So i'm being realistic in seeing a brief "back edge" event a few hrs either side of midnight tonite at sub 600ft levels, late conditional changes permitting of course?

Current PPN Band looks roughly aligned Blackpool to Leicester?

Posted

Temps are Really dropping across the region I was worried it would start of as rain here but it's looking alot better.

Posted

wish i lived in the Midlands lol, people reporting snow in their thread, i want snow :( haha, might throw a paddy and see if i get my own way! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

wish i lived in the Midlands lol, people reporting snow in their thread, i want snow :( haha, might throw a paddy and see if i get my own way! LOL

Patience...it's coming.

• Like 1

Posted

Relax you will see some tonight, one of the best placed in the yorkshire thread.

• Like 1

Posted

hi, spalding here so not to far away from your location, do you think you will get any snow overnight?

If temps keep falling like they are at the moment wouldnt surpise me if an area of widespread snow forming within the rain band but away from the east coast

Posted

cant wait, proper giddy like a big kid haha i don't even care if it sticks or not, just be lovely to see it falling hehe

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just started raining here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

plenty of PPN about now, it looks fairly heavy too. Moving in nicely. Surprised at reports of snow further south. type radar shows rain for many right now so maybe the radar isnt 100% reliable?

Up here atm, its just light drizzle. Lets hope those temps keep dropping for when the main bit of the band gets here :)