Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Just had a random snow shower here, left a covering on the usual cold surfaces. Same happened last night and I woke up to sleet so not holding my breath on tonight.

Posted

Temp 2.8C... Though Dew point -1.9C. Had a little flurry half hour ago (The shower Vizzy just mentioned). 

I think the next lot of PPN is in another warm sector so an hour or so snow before humidity rises and ends up turning to rain again. 

The MetO show heavy rain from 00.00 to 14.00. If only it was a degree or 2 lower we would have been in for a treat! 

Still, there was only ever a chance of it snowing here on the coast from tomorrow afternoon, and that still looks on, though the showers decrease! 

As already mentioned the NYM and Wolds should do pretty well tonight. 

Posted

I think with a temp of 1C here and a dew point of -4C any showers should be of snow and settle so will be keeping an eye on the radar tonight. But will probably be few and far between this far inland. Where plenty of showers shhould develop in the east it just looks too marginal, any decent accumulations will probably be above 2/300m.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Temp 2.1c Dew Point -1.2c. What do ya reckon to overnight WC, looking at the available data myself I reckon similar to last night with snow confined to Moors/Wolds but MetO do talk of snow accumulations inland away from the coast, even at lower levels. Even York had a bit of settling snow this morning, not sure if we did but I woke up at 9am to sleet. Just back from a 5 mile headtorch trail run through Dalby Forest, lots of crunchy snow at the top above 200m.

hmm yes the conditions look favourable inland for sure, its just a case of whether we see things pep up enough. The wind is very gusty so it could blow some showers down. Right now in fact there are some light pink echos showing up around Sheffield and Leeds but having just looked out my window cant see anything. We got a dusting last night so perhaps same again tonight.

METO warning is on about a few cms possible, but i think we'd have to be very lucky to achieve that! Its a shame that once again the little low is coming down overnight in the early hours so probably too late to stay up for. Maybe a case of check the radar on my phone if i wake up in the night lol as to whether i get up for a look out :p

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

We've had the smallest possible dusting you could imagine here from an earlier shower. Breezy now, the wind seems to be picking up.

Posted

For those with Netweather extra radar, worth going back 24 hours and looking at the same time yesterday, almost a mirror especially whats going on over south east Scotland. Just been having a look at the NMM charts for this eve, and its looking like the warm sector will be over eastern areas between 12 and 5 tomorrow morning, however the heaviest precip looks to be between 6 and 11, by then the colder uppers (-4c to -6) have swept back in. This may drop the snowline however I'm still dubious of any low level snow unless showers make it over towards the Pennines.

Posted

Funny how a set-up like tonight with heavy precipitation over north east england pushing south towards us with marginal temps, not many people seem that interested. Had it been last year or in the midst of a quick cold snap I think there would have be a lot of people on here having an all nighter!

I guess the fact that most of us have been let down so far this cold spell, possibily the last one two it's easy to think without all the key parameters in place for snowfall, it simply won't happen.

But most of the best snowfalls I've recieved have always been a suprise or unforecasted so I wouldn't be suprised If one or two of us wake up to a nice suprise tommorow morning ;) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Wind has gotten up in the last 15 minutes and the dewpoint has dropped and everything has dried up. Radar says that we had a light snow shower about 15 minutes ago but can see no evidence looking outside, where all the puddles are gone and the road is dry.

Not sure what is going to happen tonight and it does look very similar to last night, but if those high uppers can stay offshore, we might just get something here.

Not staying up to find out though!

Posted

its blowing a gale here now, very strong gusts. It must be the wind mixing the air up as im not sure where these inland showers are coming from atm. As vizzy says, main snow risk is later tonight into tomorrow morning by the sounds of it.

The radar could be playing tricks on us though, as the 11pm shot right now shows decent intensity around Sheffield but im looking at stars out of my window!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

hi all, just got back from the hospital, and wow that wind feels bitter on the face  :cold:  lol, fingers crossed to wake up to a surprise but im not staying up lol 

Posted

hi all, just got back from the hospital, and wow that wind feels bitter on the face  :cold:  lol, fingers crossed to wake up to a surprise but im not staying up lol 

nothing too serious I hope?

Yes that wind is biting now, i must admit its lovely feeling cold arctic air though haha. Had none of that last winter, its going on 2 years now since its felt this cold!

Posted

nothing too serious I hope?

Yes that wind is biting now, i must admit its lovely feeling cold arctic air though haha. Had none of that last winter, its going on 2 years now since its felt this cold!

my little lad, really bad coughing fits to point he cant breathe properly sometimes, got antibiotics so will see how he goes...yes lovely to feel such cold, nice and wintry, not mild and raining rubbish :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

its blowing a gale here now, very strong gusts. It must be the wind mixing the air up as im not sure where these inland showers are coming from atm. As vizzy says, main snow risk is later tonight into tomorrow morning by the sounds of it.

The radar could be playing tricks on us though, as the 11pm shot right now shows decent intensity around Sheffield but im looking at stars out of my window!

Yeah I noticed that on the radar but nothing doing here either.

That precipitation pushing out of Scotland looks like losing its intensity already so unless we get some unexpected showers appearing out of nowhere I think my non existent snow cover is in no danger of being added to tonight!

The wind has really got up here though and all signs of puddles and dampness generally have disappeared so the dew point must have dropped significantly.

Posted

my little lad, really bad coughing fits to point he cant breathe properly sometimes, got antibiotics so will see how he goes...yes lovely to feel such cold, nice and wintry, not mild and raining rubbish :)

oh dear, hope he starts to get better soon then. Nothing worse than not feeling able to breath is there!

Yeah I noticed that on the radar but nothing doing here either.

That precipitation pushing out of Scotland looks like losing its intensity already so unless we get some unexpected showers appearing out of nowhere I think my non existent snow cover is in no danger of being added to tonight!

The wind has really got up here though and all signs of puddles and dampness generally have disappeared so the dew point must have dropped significantly.

I think it is false shadows then, ah well! Yes i noticed too that those showers are not making it very far at all up there once hitting land. Its possibly too early to start seeing our potential snow showing up further north? vizzy suggests the NMM is saying 6-11am for the heavy stuff. Im not holding my breath though!

Posted

oh dear, hope he starts to get better soon then. Nothing worse than not feeling able to breath is there!

thanks, he will be fine, im sure :)

• Like 1

Posted

I think it is false shadows then, ah well! Yes i noticed too that those showers are not making it very far at all up there once hitting land. Its possibly too early to start seeing our potential snow showing up further north? vizzy suggests the NMM is saying 6-11am for the heavy stuff. Im not holding my breath though!

Just to clarify WC, with regards to the heavier precip mainly east of Pennines, although still some lighter echoes towards your end.

nmm_uk1-1-15-2.png?31-23

• Like 1

Posted

Just to clarify WC, with regards to the heavier precip mainly east of Pennines, although still some lighter echoes towards your end.

Thanks vizzy. I might catch a shower but probably not.

I hope you do well out of this though and those further to the east. Its your turn now so fingers crossed :)

Posted

Bless the southeast regional thread might finally be able to smile tonight looking at the radar

Posted

Thanks vizzy. I might catch a shower but probably not.

I hope you do well out of this though and those further to the east. Its your turn now so fingers crossed :)

I reckon il see sleet at best overnight, its not the area of precip over the border we should be looking at, the wind has now switched to NE as the shortwave moves down the North Sea, the showers out to sea are what will be making there way across the region overnight.