Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Its just at Pitlochry now. Certainly being slowed by the Grampians but I think bits of it will make it. Still got the Ochills to get past as well!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Clouded over but temperature down to -3.5/-5.9C. Not often you get such a calm, cold night with a pressure of 974.4hPa. Oh and here's a picture from about this time last night

post-18130-0-41729600-1422578513_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

lol msybe this is the start of the east snow comeback ravelin

Posted

Its just at Pitlochry now. Certainly being slowed by the Grampians but I think bits of it will make it. Still got the Ochills to get past as well!

according to radar shoulda been right over me for last 20 mins and there is hee haw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Temperature rose 2C in the last 25 minutes. Now -1.5C

Posted

Nothing more for here, but it is cold and frosty outside, despite the temp showing as 3.2c :cc_confused:

GFS Ens showing a decent return to even colder weather into Monday & Tuesday, and extending out for at least another 7 days or so...

The talk about the easterly though, the only worry for me would be is there enough of a cold pool to reach us, or, can it pick up moisture from the North Sea...interesting times ahead, I'm happy with the cold to be honest...pretty sure this time last year, we were sweltering under mild air !

• Like 1

Posted

The snow avoided here perfectly on Wednesday and Thursday but predictably the rain did not. Even the cold northerly is now being modelled as rain here. Not impressed.

Jeez u could not make it up...yup Saturday temps looking a bit higher but ironically will feel baltic in the windchill..certainly looking properly cold into next week and surely something will hit the NE at some point

The snow avoided here perfectly on Wednesday and Thursday but predictably the rain did not. Even the cold northerly is now being modelled as rain here. Not impressed.

Once the feature with the milder air moves south on Saturday the cold northerly sets in for two to three days. Don't despair too much doctormog :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Hi de Hi Kilties! Surely the happiest thread on this forum! Snaw's had a richt wee fright overnight and temps have gone up considerably, now at 2.2. This time yesterday there was a - in front of that figure! Some forecasts say that there will be a rather large dump of snow here next week. I'll take that with a large pinch of salt. There is a mass of cloud bubbling up to the north east but I don't think it'll bring anything worth writing about. Enjoy the white stuff if it comes your way!

Posted

Morning all,

Cloudy, dry and breezy this morning. Unusually it's colder here in Crail than in Leuchars, 2c here, 4c Leuchars.

Should be a lot of fine weather coming up for NE Fife. As ever little prospect of snow here but I'll take bright winter sunshine any day.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 1

Morning all,

Cloudy, dry and breezy this morning. Unusually it's colder here in Crail than in Leuchars, 2c here, 4c Leuchars.

Should be a lot of fine weather coming up for NE Fife. As ever little prospect of snow here but I'll take bright winter sunshine any day.

You might need to wait until Sunday for the cold crisp sunny days. I wouldn't completely dismiss the snow prospects, even for you Hawesy. This isn't going to be a standard one day toppler, and it's not a straight northerly all the way through so you never know. I'm expecting nothing but hoping for something, and I think most other people away from the north should feel the same. Some places in the north should be expecting quite a pasting, except HC cos he's obviously been very naughty in a past life :D :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well let's see what unfolds after Saturday's mild spell.

Let's hope for something special.

Here we have the pitter patter of tiny feet - blooming mice!!!! Must be too cold outside lol!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

No real consolation for the Aberdeen brigade but even inland a bit it's a damp 3.1C this morning. As has been mentioned, even for here pretty much everything bring modelled to fall from the sky today and tomorrow is expected to be in liquid form. It's nearly Feb and a northerly is bringing rain?

Oh well, Sunday then maybe? But it seems the closer we get the further away any forecast snow gets. Really frustrating.

No real consolation for the Aberdeen brigade but even inland a bit it's a damp 3.1C this morning. As has been mentioned, even for here pretty much everything bring modelled to fall from the sky today and tomorrow is expected to be in liquid form. It's nearly Feb and a northerly is bringing rain?

Oh well, Sunday then maybe? But it seems the closer we get the further away any forecast snow gets. Really frustrating.

The northerly doesn't start properly until after the low sinks away, so while I can understand the frustration I think everyone needs to give the cold air a chance to arrive before dismissing it? Sorry if that sounds cutting as it's not meant to be :)

Posted

No fresh snowfall overnight but the snowcover froze during the night so crunchy underfoot again. I hate when snowcover freezes! It looks like it will remain dry until the wind switches to a more favourable direction for snow showers to penetrate inland. A northerly is the worst possible direction for that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A skiff of snow overnight here. 2.5C but the skiff did freezez.

Posted

Morning all, a dusting of snow overnight and temp fell to -4.2c, now up at 0.7c.

Posted

Working in Inverness this morning and just had a good 20-30 min heavy snow. Think even across the firth, swinging in his hammock on his Black Isle tropical beach, HC would have got a whack of that

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Was the slightest dusting of now here this morning. Still we await enough for a snowman.

Charts still have plenty going on, now if we could improve that cold pool and draw in some seriously cold air from the East

Posted

I am not convinced it will be all that mild on Saturday!

Tonight:

Clear spells and wintry showers with more snow falling over higher ground of Perthshire and Angus. Staying drier with longer clear spells across Stirlingshire and Fife. Freshening northerly winds. Minimum Temperature -3C.

Saturday:

Sunny spells and showers, these most frequent across northern Perthshire and Angus. Snow on hills initially but falling to low levels by evening. Feeling cold with strong northerly winds. Maximum Temperature 5C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Working in Inverness this morning and just had a good 20-30 min heavy snow. Think even across the firth, swinging in his hammock on his Black Isle tropical beach, HC would have got a whack of that

Nope. Drizabone.