Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Morning. Frost not as severe as yesterday. Now turning cloudier.

Dipped into MT and it seems sinking high and possibility of further pm incursions. Interesting that the artic high might be appearing?!

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.

Yes, a flurry or two here also but nothing to get excited about!   Some areas down south did very well though didn't they?   Read reports of 7".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

What's RGB, Lorenzo?

Nothing too amazing, different colours depicting warm and cool air airmass types.

Image here displays the gist and also text goes into some of the technical details.

post-7292-0-93812200-1419680607_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

And right on cue it stops and nowt on radar but think I will ignore the radar now we are into the new stealth snow era

• Like 3

Posted

Same as grafter for me. No snow fell here. Just a hard frost on the grass and cars and pavements etc. which hasn't yet melted. Bright blue skies today and I believe it is expected to remain so until the middle of next week when it is expected to become unsettled and milder once again, so overall a very disappointing December for snow in my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon all! Had a very tiny fall of the white stuff about an hour ago, but as ground is wet it disappeared as fast as it came! Cold at -2.7 though and skies clearing again.

Posted

Looks set to be the third ice-day in a row of this winter. After an overnight low of -9.0c, the temperature started lifting around 3am. The early fog lifted and a brief spell of sun this afternoon provided that lovely winter scene of sunshine, snow and heavy frost. But 2014 looks like it's going to be our first winter (from 2000) when the low hasn't dipped into minus double figures..... (and I do believe they've had bit of a dusting south of the border... not sure though as I haven't had the news on!!)

Edited by speyweather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

The sky hasn't been this clear for weeks!

post-21143-0-48067900-1419691779_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Two sleety showers is about all we can muster here!

Phone call yest from family in wolverhampton in the morning. Pls cud i buy a sledge for the wee one for wen they come to visit for new yr. The bairns never seen snow etc etc n surely after a drive up north wel get sum.

Aye rite. Half an hour later n theyd seen more snow in wolverhampton than weve dun in two yrs lol

Ohhh the irony

• Like 4

Posted

The most wonderful day (after a little bit of a cloudy start) but the clear skies with cold air can only mean 1 thing at night................Going to be a chilly one out there!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Like the idea of the stealth snow era

The twitter account UK weather watch put out a tweet asking for snow reports because the snow is not showing on radar....the era has begun.....there is a polar low hiding just about to hit us tonight

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Been snizzly snow here on and off since teatime, I don't know if Scottish Skier is having the same over at his place..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

No signs of anything seasonal in central. Hovering about 1 degree earlier, but doesn't feel interesting. Quite dreary really. I know nothing about forecasting in any way but it doesn't feel like we're going to see anything interesting anytime so on. Hope I'm wrong

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Sending love, light, and strength for the wee soul DR (S)NO.

• Like 2

Posted

Ended up a good 2c warmer than forecast and actually a bit of a murky afternoon with a few showers and currently a bit drizzly. Not great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Dr(S) No - wishing all the very best for a speedy recovery xx would love to hear how you get on . Love snowy owl + family x

• Like 1