Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Very windy wet and nasty and cold feeling last night rain/sleet.

Today showers have turned more to soft hail and snow again after earlier rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

heavy sleet shower moved through, earlier shower gave hail, 5 minutes before, quiet on here? thought other areas would be under inches of snow, sleet here means feet of snow most other areas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

heavy sleet shower moved through, earlier shower gave hail, 5 minutes before, quiet on here? thought other areas would be under inches of snow, sleet here means feet of snow most other areas

The only snow here was very early this morning when there was 1cm lying following heavy showers, almost all of it had thawed by 0900.

Frequent short showers of ice pellets and snow pellets  today, none of them lasting long enough for anything to settle.

Posted

Colder today to yesterday despite showers more of sleety or rain to yesterday 5.3c

Potent cold zonality showing next week currently,the best charts I`ve seen with 3 days,we`ll see.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cloudy night with a few light showers, A low of 2.1c

Currently; Dry and cloudy, Cool in the wind.

Temp 4.5c

Wind N/W 8mph

Rain today 1.4mm

Posted

A warm dry spring-like day with a max of 13.1C. Just to prove it, the frogs have started croaking in the pond!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A warm dry spring-like day with a max of 13.1C. Just to prove it, the frogs have started croaking in the pond!

Blimey! That's almost summer here. A maximum of 7.6c today and cloudy all day.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Yep warm here too, with a lovely sunny couple of days around 13:00 hours.

Max of 11.4C here.

I keep my frogs under control at this time of year!!!

Any courting is stamped upon. I use a fish net and take them to the local park. There they can indulge in  their orgies! 

(My Koi don't like being treated as female frogs by the unattached males!)

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

11C being called warm = :doh:

Yeah, saying 11c is warm is going a bit too far. It has felt very mild to me today though. Even right now, it's 9:30pm, current temp is around 10c and I can actually walk outside with a t shirt on and it feels comfortable!

It's the same every year at this time though for me. My body seems to get used to the cold and as soon as the temp rises above 10c, It feels kinda warm!

When the temp is 10c in October time though, it feels cold! Just the body acclimatising I think.

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah, saying 11c is warm is going a bit too far. It has felt very mild to me today though. Even right now, it's 9:30pm, current temp is around 10c and I can actually walk outside with a t shirt on and it feels comfortable!

It's the same every year at this time though for me. My body seems to get used to the cold and as soon as the temp rises above 10c, It feels kinda warm!

When the temp is 10c in October time though, it feels cold! Just the body acclimatising I think.

10C feels miles warmer in Jan, than it would in May/June

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Looks like a cold spell could be in the making for early spring... some of the big guns are back in the MOD... -12 850's showing up and I cant remember seeing that all winter... could there be a bit of fun and games to come for some of us?? it certainly looks like it... :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like a cold spell could be in the making for early spring... some of the big guns are back in the MOD... -12 850's showing up and I cant remember seeing that all winter... could there be a bit of fun and games to come for some of us?? it certainly looks like it... :cold:

Definitely something to keep an eye on!

• Like 1

Posted

Definitely something to keep an eye on!

Yes I will be watching closely.... fingers crossed its not another garden path job... been to many of them this winter so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

The cold front has just past thru Solihull with a 2 hr spell of rain, the last 10 minutes have been very heavy.! 

Bang went the golf. 

Temperatures had risen to 10.4C by this morning, but are droppoing back rapidly now in 10 minutes having dropped a whole 1C  to 9.3C  

Had noticed the possible wintriness appearing on the MOD thread for end of next week, on the GFS and ECM. MO may also be heading the same way.

As alluded to by BigSnow it is not the first time this year, the models thinks its right for the change to blocking but the weather has never really managed it . It is now about a week away, but the changes will need to  be still in the modles at the weekend for it to be a 'goer'. Lets hope!.

MIA

:cc_confused:  :cc_confused:  :D   :cold:

Edit -   it has now dropped to 7.7C in the last 5 minutes,  so quite an active feature. 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

Haven't been able to post in a few days...

Had a heavy hail shower pass through monday around 12:45pm, it can e with a deep roll of thunder which set a car alarm off too.

Was nice to have a bit milder weather yesterday.

Some heavy back edge rain this morning from the front.

And I'm trying to ignore the chances for March until they get into a more reliable timeframe.

Posted

Latest gfs has 25-40cm (netweather forecast) snow this sunday through tuesday.....will change but looks interesting....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 2

Posted

Latest gfs has 25-40cm (netweather forecast) snow this sunday through tuesday.....will change but looks interesting....

I know i've had my doubts about whether Glossop is in the Midlands or not, but now i'm starting to wonder if it's even in England :rofl:

• Like 4

Posted

I know i've had my doubts about whether Glossop is in the Midlands or not, but now i'm starting to wonder if it's even in England :rofl:

Well the nhs budget for greater manchester going to the council has caused some consternation with us being under tameside and glossop nhs trust.... What happens to glossop part as we arent part of greater manchester?

Posted

looking at the over night runs it was yet another garden path easterly.... so many times this winter the models have been so wrong.... I think in future I will wait until the wind is actually blowing in from the east before I believe any model showing it...

Posted

Another lovely day. Frost this morning (-1.8C), then sunny spells this morning, followed by a cloudier afternoon.