Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Totally nothing here except wet roads and pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Totally nothing here except wet roads and pavements.

Same here, temp never dropped enough to allow it to stick and stay.

Actually there is a very slight covering in places and it's snowing again.

Edited by Gustywind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nothing here, the showers have been to the north and south all night. However, from the reports in here it doesn't look like anyone away from the higher ground has had much. To be fair that is exactly what the BBC and Met Office have been saying with their yellow warning area pretty much spot on.

Now, if they are also spot on about today then this gives me some hope as the charts show a lot of snow showers moving across during today and tonight. From an IMBY perspective all I require is the showers to move just a little more NW to SE than W to E and it's game on for that stream across the north of the region to hit here. However, I am not holding my breath. Immaterial anyway, as I am going for a drive :)

Posted

I'm starting to wonder whether this is going to be a write off spell?

Let's face it, even if it snows it's not gonna settle, I'd rather we had a nice traditional snowfall followed by high pressure, harsh frosts and sunshine.

If we fail to get a snowfall that sticks from this set up.........I'm becoming a mildie! :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow showers on and off but nothing seteling.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow Showers should push more inland around mid-day.. A sneak peak from the Extra suite..

post-12319-0-39043100-1422516767_thumb.p

post-12319-0-58784000-1422516810_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few snow showers overnight and more in the last hour or two. About 3 or 4cm lying by the look of it, although I haven't actually been out to measure it yet.

Moderate snow falling as I type.

Posted

Yes TM moderate snow here now.

post-12319-0-28528000-1422517069_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Snow Showers should push more inland around mid-day.. A sneak peak from the Extra suite..

Trouble is that's the time of the day solar input is at its strongest, so unlikely to settle again except on high ground.

Posted

The risk of thundersnow today, even for our region, as disturbances run down from the NW. Estofex have 15% lightning risk for the whole UK and parameters do look promising. Of course, this does not mean everyone will see/hear it. There have been a few reports in the NW and Yorkshire areas of thundersnow overnight and I think this risk becomes more widespread today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

surely in the heat of the day, showers will fall as rain? certainly tomorrow is looking way milder, bbc forecasting me light rain for monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nothing as ever.

Posted

surely in the heat of the day, showers will fall as rain? certainly tomorrow is looking way milder, bbc forecasting me light rain for monday

I don't think we can really say "heat of the day" in January :) For today I would think most of us should see snow from these showers, although the further south you are the higher the risk of it being more of a wintry mix. I am not a weather forecaster but I would think heavier showers will almost certainly be of snow. Whether it will settle though is a different matter and I personally don't see much accumulation away from high ground (although maybe for a time this evening an area of snow moves NW to SE across some of us). I agree on tomorrow though, from the early hours onwards we see dewpoints rise to just above freezing so showers will be of sleet/rain for all of us. I would take no notice of BBC forecasts for Monday, it's too far off. These weather symbols can and do change only hours before so 5 days away is almost certain to change.

• Like 2

Posted

White-out conditions here now with moderate/heavy snow falling.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

my dew point is above freezing so I think we will get sleet at best should we get any showers. No frost last night as temps remained above freezing. It did snow in the evening but obviously nothing settled. Not moaning though as it did exactly what was forecast. My phone app says rain today.