Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

Carol Kirkwood - If your in Liverpool/Manchester sleet or snow. If your in Leeds or Sheffield a LOT of snow lol

I hope it doenst turn out that way again for you folks. Looking at NNM it could well do at the last minute however.

Good Luck for today guys

Posted

When someone forecasts wind and rain coming from this direction again need to remember to put a towel in front of back kitchen door. As I have a lovely puddle their now. Yes you can all scoff but I really don't understand the charts ect so go off what I can see with my eyes. A puddle because the winds coming that way..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Moderate sized flakes blowing all over the place in the wind, ground still too wet though after the rain. At least it's snowing only 2 miles from the coast and 70m ASL bodes well for later :) Temp down to 1.9c! No marginality even with a screaming wind off the Irish Sea! 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Certainly notable this cold front, looks like we had a drop of about 5C in a short space of time in Manchester City Centre. We also have another observation site at Holme Moss (524m asl), the present weather sensor was reporting light snow not too long ago with a temperature ~ 1C. After the last cold spell there was about 8" of snow, but difficult to measure because of the drifting!

http://www.cas.manchester.ac.uk/restools/fieldstations/holmemoss/met/data/index.html

Thank you for that Gary, great Observation sites. Do you work for Man Uni ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

6C here so about normal here, the wind sounds strong but it's about as strong as a pixie's trump. Snow tonight here, no chance :p

The Gfs has us down for a max of 10c about now. I reckon we will get some snow but settling snow is another matter. We shall see

Thank you for that Gary, great Observation sites. Do you work for Man Uni ?

Yeah, I'm at the Centre for Atmospheric Science working in research. Looking forward to the potential snow showers later - although the view from my window isn't the best!

Yeah, I'm at the Centre for Atmospheric Science working in research. Looking forward to the potential snow showers later - although the view from my window isn't the best!

Ah what a great sounding job ! My father in law works there, think he is head of engineering or something to do with Energy, he's a chartered engineer anyways.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I would be getting excited at the prspect of streamers if I lived in my old stamping ground of Liverpool. Hail and snow mix like Xmas day 2004. Could give a substantial covering by tomorrow evening.

Posted

Moderate sized flakes blowing all over the place in the wind, ground still too wet though after the rain. At least it's snowing only 2 miles from the coast and 70m ASL bodes well for later :) Temp down to 1.9c! No marginality even with a screaming wind off the Irish Sea! 

Good news that Liam enjoy !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Dew point of zero already on the IOM........ Has to be a god sign. (Source XC Weather)

sweet, thats a good start!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Carol Kirkwood - If your in Liverpool/Manchester sleet or snow. If your in Leeds or Sheffield a LOT of snow lol

I hope it doenst turn out that way again for you folks. Looking at NNM it could well do at the last minute however.

Good Luck for today guys

This post fills me with dread.

Posted

Still at a tropical 6C with my projected temp overnight hovering between 3 and 4c. Probably see some snow tomorrow morning, pointless as it sharnt be settling though. I don't see lowland northwest fairing well at all today.

Right my temp dropped two degrees in 10 minutes? Cmon snow!

Edited by chiffer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

We had the howling gusts early morning, the gate was doing my head in and woke me a few times, had to nip out in my jammie and go and lock it lol

Posted

I've no way to check the outside temp but have just been outside and it is a lot colder than when I got to work at 8:30, is it ok if I start to get a little bit excited now???

Edit: Also noticed the uksnowmap is starting to look a lot more populated too! :)

Edited by griff74