Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Right can we stop the arguing now, please? Anyone is welcome to come into this thread, regardless of what region they are from.

Thanks,

SR

Edited by Scott R

Posted

I'm pretty sure there are no exclusions based on locale in any of the regional threads.

It's kinda like popping next door for a cuppa with your neighbour.

...Or it should be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Stop... Now...

Just be glad you don't Live where I live, where apart from December 2010 I have never seen more than 3 inches of snow!

Posted

It's looking like the snow showers will only really start to get going after dark tomorrow. This should help tilt the scales towards more favourable conditions regards accumulative snowfall.

If areas do fair badly thru Wednesday/Thursday, in terms of lying snow, conditions still look favourable through the weekend and early next week for further snowfalls to occur.

Posted

Just looking forward to a sustained period of coldish weather with a potential of snowfall at some point over several days. It's been a couple of winters since I've experienced that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Should be really interesting this time tomorrow night!! Fingers crossed!

To be honest I think the really interesting time could be Thursday morning rush hour, chaos possible, there could be disruption to travel with the precipitation rates.

Posted

To be honest I think the really interesting time could be Thursday morning rush hour, chaos possible, there could be disruption to travel with the precipitation rates.

I agree, but I think we will see the heavy snow showers moving in by 10pm tonight.

Posted

I just cant get excited about this so called cold blast. Last time we had the falling snow in our area but it didn't stick (im in woodley, east stockport), i have a feeling that it will be the same, and if it does stick it wont be around long. Hey love to be proved wrong, as i love snow, but it was ramped up to the max last time, and then i just felt completely and utterly let down.

Take a walk up the werneth low. There was snow up there from Sunday to Thursday. Went up a few times last week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Stop... Now...

Just be glad you don't Live where I live, where apart from December 2010 I have never seen more than 3 inches of snow!

Ditto....that's why I am not getting carried away with this  next 'event', we're too coastal,

Posted

It does look like it will be marginal, as the met office forecast for wigan is mostly for rain, whilst for Horwich only a few miles away the met office is forecasting snow

Posted

Everyone, just wait and see what happens tomorrow night and into Thursday rather than looking at a load of projected charts and getting either incredibly disheartened or over-excited. Yes, we may very well be highly dissappointed and just end up with rain, with snow confined to the higher ground, but conversely we may take an absolute pounding and be left with a very memorable snow event...

We will know what happens tomorrow... not tonight.

Agree.

I have posted on this site for over 10 years and I'm afraid this site is getting worse and worse, IMO. I rarely post in the model thread and when things go pear shape, it's a place to avoid. The model thread should be the heart of a weather community, I shouldn't want to avoid it like the plague. The fact that there is a moaning, ramping thread shows that there is an issue because there isn't such threads on UKWW nor TWO. You have to ask yourselves why is it needed on this site? Does this site attract so many tantrum throwers, spoilt kids etc?

And now to have the regional thread threatening to descend into a moaning, bullying, bickering thread...no good. I have nothing against a moan or banter but when it is come down to it, it is only the weather! When it goes wrong, we should pick ourselves up and just get on with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Well its a mild 8 Degrees this morning at 6am.

Ian

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Will see what happens tonight but for my location can only see one thing happening and that's rain as I am right at the coast

Posted

Agree.

I have posted on this site for over 10 years and I'm afraid this site is getting worse and worse, IMO. I rarely post in the model thread and when things go pear shape, it's a place to avoid. The model thread should be the heart of a weather community, I shouldn't want to avoid it like the plague. The fact that there is a moaning, ramping thread shows that there is an issue because there isn't such threads on UKWW nor TWO. You have to ask yourselves why is it needed on this site? Does this site attract so many tantrum throwers, spoilt kids etc?

And now to have the regional thread threatening to descend into a moaning, bullying, bickering thread...no good. I have nothing against a moan or banter but when it is come down to it, it is only the weather! When it goes wrong, we should pick ourselves up and just get on with it.

As ever it's one or two individuals trying to spoil the party - the vast majority of people come to this site and cause no issues whatsoever. Tbh I think you're being a bit over-critical of the model thread, much of the time it runs along fine with lots of good contributions, and we are always working to keep it that way, as we do elsewhere on the forum. 

As always, the support of the whole community is needed to keep things on an even keel, so if everyone were to moderate themselves, and hit the report button if someone is being a problem rather than responding then any issues would be minimised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters warm summers

Its a bit windy out there with a chill in the air, a little excited what the next few days bring whatever the outcome it will certainly be an interesting spell of weather

Alison x

ps Jan wheres the legs gone lovely???????

Posted

I AM NOT A SPOILT KID AND I'M NOT A TAMTRUM THROWER!!! AND IF IT DOESNT SNOW I'LL SCREAM AND SCREAM AND SCREAM!!!

Right, where's me pram, and where's me toys, i'm outta here.

;)

Posted

Thank you and I agree that's rubbish for much of our region.

I guess it factors the above average SSTs

Not sure I agree. If you look at the precip charts from the EURO4, it shows the bands of showers largely missing G Man to the north - that's why no snow is shown on these maps. Based on past experience, I think we will see plentiful showers.

Whats more important are the temps and dewpoints.. (As well as the wet bulb freezing level) - all these parameters look ok for our patch on the vast majority of output (including euro4) overnight and into tomorrow morning, before it turns too marginal by lunchtime. :-)

Posted

In the last 5 mins or so, the wind has REALLY picked up. Some very strong gusts.

Posted

Rain,rain,rain.wind and warm. Driven up over one fell no white stuff. Just muddy puddles. Did the horses at 5.30am just in case the weather was bad. I can't see how the snow could stick even if we had any it's blowing a Gale and the ground is saturated. Will let you know if I see even a random snowflake.

Oh just had hail.. for 2 seconds. Winds picking up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Windy here too with gusts.

Posted

The radar looks dangerous. Very squally rain out there. I'm about to set off for work, looks like it'll be a fun hors drive.

Posted

The radar looks dangerous. Very squally rain out there. I'm about to set off for work, looks like it'll be a fun hors drive.

definitely not pleasant driving conditions

Windy here too with gusts.

the gusts are strong here too rumbling round the side of my house