Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

High above the wind has veered to a more favourable direction for Kent in particular.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I programmed the herne bay offshore wind farm to turn around and help blow them in Daniel ;-)

Posted

Wednesday and Thursday with Friday as the Big Deep Snow in 1987!

That was in response to Rubble79 post ^^^^^^^ above

Thanks Paul. Was convinced it started snowing on a Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Maybe nice but it made me late for work, melted by ten so ppl think your lying,its cold and wet not cold and beautiful with crisp shiny snow

What's the point really this year?

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Hi sj,Yes, sorry I think it was on the seafront at one point but was moved. A few months ago I had the chance to attend a weather talk, given by Hastings Borough Meteorologist Davi Powell and a fascinating evening it was too.Regards,Tom.

Wow! He was my boss for several years,a lovely man.I'm happy to hear he is still doing what he loves.

Our little weather team was broken up a couple of years ago now,the local authority in effect sacked the weather team apart from David.They recruited a team of volunteers instead.Once upon a time the met office part funded our wages,that was withdrawn several years ago and the council had to fund it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

I can'the recall too much of 91, I was only 9, but I do remember we'd had a girl from Africa start at our school a couple of months before. She'd never seen snow and spent about 2 hours gazing out the classroom window

Posted

I programmed the herne bay offshore wind farm to turn around and help blow them in Daniel ;-)

I'd blow them away if I could. :p

Naa only messing you seem well placed.

Posted

Nice surprise to see big flakes falling outside just near Maidstone . Keep it coming ⛄â„

Bugger! That was sent with love from SE Essex where it was cold hard rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Come on Easterly! Wake up!!

Im relying on you to window watch and post if any snow? Its too cold to keep getting out of bed, besides I think my husband thinks I've lost the plot with this snow chasing lol

Posted

What should I be looking out for then :diablo:

atmospheric water vapour frozen into ice crystals and falling in light white flakes or lying on the ground as a white layer.

Posted

atmospheric water vapour frozen into ice crystals and falling in light white flakes or lying on the ground as a white layer.

:D - Ok will keep an eye out for this Phenomenum!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Though this time parts of Kent may join in the fun, according to radar, some flurries incoming soon.

I hope these ones will be snow, have had sleet wet snow all day until tonight's ones, which have been mostly just rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It's definitely getting more active in the North Sea. Shame the radar doesn't extend slightly further out to sea, but there is definitely stuff showing on the sat images, just how potent it will be is very much a case of watch and see.

Posted

The satellite looks interesting with that area E of the Humber indicating a more organised band of showers.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb?ir=true

NMM on the case...

post-19153-0-14240600-1423008057_thumb.jpost-19153-0-82761900-1423008073_thumb.j

Some sort of occlusion moving S weakening as it does going by fergie.

Posted

It's definitely getting more active in the North Sea. Shame the radar doesn't extend slightly further out to sea, but there is definitely stuff showing on the sat images, just how potent it will be is very much a case of watch and see.

Here you go: http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Intriguing... North Sea might be waking up from its long sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Depends if you can trust it...for now I may just for the excitement

15020512_0318.gif

15020512_0318.gif

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

TEITS just posted that the pattern could shift our high pressure west opening up another northerly at short notice. Will be interesting to see what the overnight runs come up with!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Disappointed to see the latest BBC weather forcast for the week ahead has downgraded our snow for Thursday compared to the earlier forecast posted today..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

TEITS just posted that the pattern could shift our high pressure west opening up another northerly at short notice. Will be interesting to see what the overnight runs come up with!!!

When?

I'm more concerned about the next 48hrs tbh because I have no idea what will happen :rofl:

Posted

Disappointed to see the latest BBC weather forcast for the week ahead has downgraded our snow for Thursday compared to the earlier forecast posted today..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

It is I agree but they have been hit and miss so hopefully the index forecast is wrong along with the tv forecasts, I reckon they will leave the warnings up just incase though.

This bit of text in the warnings is what worried me.... " with many places probably missing the snow "

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

When?

I'm more concerned about the next 48hrs tbh because I have no idea what will happen :rofl:

Just a quickie from me.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the potential storm off the NE coast of the US which potentially is only 2 days away. Now the GFS continues to keep this away from the E coast of the US and out to sea.

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/runs/2015020318/gfsna-0-60.png?18

However even at this late stage some of the forecasters in the US are not ruling out this storm deepening and tracking much further W and moving N up the coast of the US. Should this occur our HP could still back further W.

May seem like a long shot but a sudden flip back to very cold N,lys on the E flank of our HP cannot be ruled out for E parts of the UK. I am not saying this is likely but still remains possible.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-storm-boston-new-england/41680393

this is the post.