Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I joined in Feb 2005 too, must have been a good month :)

I joined only two months prior.....I followed a cold snowy end to a November. The second half of Feb 2005 was a good cold spell. i suspect the cold and snowy periods were our inspirations :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

I joined only two months prior.....I followed a cold snowy end to a November. The second half of Feb 2005 was a good cold spell. i suspect the cold and snowy periods were our inspirations :)

I would have thought the 'potential' for a cold and snowy period was our inspiration!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Me too, was a snow event month :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Another sugar dusting this morning....bored now...... :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sheet ice out this morning, either those showers last night were ice rain or it's been dry for a while and froze over, slipped and slid all over the place taking the kids to school this morning. It was quite fun tbh lol.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

The sun is coming out here. The temperature is hovering around freezing. Off to Bracknell today for an interview.

Good luck captain .

so icy out there ,roads not gritted let alone pavements ,people falling about all over the place

0c ,dew -1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Sheet ice out this morning, either those showers last night were ice rain or it's been dry for a while and froze over, slipped and slid all over the place taking the kids to school this morning. It was quite fun tbh lol.

Yes, I think the weather warnings have been about ice more than snow for us. Nearly fell over twice yesterday due to it.

Posted

Damp, grey, miserable

What I'm getting ready for this morning tv or what ever it's called now, beast from the east lol. It's supposed to start today after all.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The precipitation is there tomorrow so all eyes will be on temps & dp.

With the direction of the wind tomorrow I can't see it being that warm apart from say in London wheres yes it may get to 5/6*c for a time.

The timing of the showers could be key either we want them early or we need them to stall till late afternoon tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Good morning 😀😀

Here is latest BBC video forecast for remander of this week. I can't help thinking how cruel it is to see at the end of forecast how close we got to perfect conditions for snow and bitter Easterly winds . We just get them coming across Thursday /Friday and then as the high sinks south a bit we get it all taken away from us...

To think it could have been so different... ðŸ˜

Still that's the weather for you.. Here is the link anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

The precipitation is there tomorrow so all eyes will be on temps & dp.

With the direction of the wind tomorrow I can't see it being that warm apart from say in London wheres yes it may get to 5/6*c for a time.

The timing of the showers could be key either we want them early or we need them to stall till late afternoon tomorrow.

I hoping, it will not be more rain, sleet, wet snow, sleet, rain. I think the uppers are a bit colder. 

Good morning

Here is latest BBC video forecast for remander of this week. I can't help thinking how cruel it is to see at the end of forecast how close we got to perfect conditions for snow and bitter Easterly winds . We just get them coming across Thursday /Friday and then as the high sinks south a bit we get it all taken away from us...

To think it could have been so different...

Still that's the weather for you.. Here is the link anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

If only it would stay lifted, I'm hoping the low in the south produces a surprise, unlikely but it is one of those things that can just happen.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

BBC/Met forecasts fairly upbeat for some snow showers moving more inland tonight and through Thursday morning, 06z UKMO (meso) backs this up.

East of a line from Bristol to Newcastle seeing scattered snow showers moving SW from late evening onwards... though as always with showers, could be hit and miss.

Then later tomorrow, GFS indicating a band of precip sliding S/SW from eastern England down towards central S/SE England - which could be tied in with a band of moisture and weak lift associated with a decaying occluded Atlantic front toppling over the top of the high to the west and sinking south.

Posted

Tomorrows snow looks good for Northern and western parts of region and into Hampshire, too far west for South and East of London although Kent may have its own snow show

Posted

Showers showing signs of moving south from Hull now. It looks like the showers will become more extensive as the day goes on and turn increasingly wintry. So all to play for

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Nice sugar dusting at half six this morning.

Went to work on the road bike, and to say the extremities were cold is an understatement....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Tomorrows snow looks good for Northern and western parts of region and into Hampshire, too far west for South and East of London although Kent may have its own snow show

Surrey slap bang in the middle of both events again

Ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Woke up to a thin white blanket outside this morning, seemed like the hail that fell last night had frozen.  Walked my 6y/o to school, quote "it was the best day of her life".

I must be a cr@p dad!

Finland next winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Surrey slap bang in the middle of both events again

Ha ha

The forecast is showing rain or fleet here tomorrow, mind you I'm not taking much notice of that!

Posted

Plenty of time for that snow line to change track for Thursday afternoon.Minor adjustments is all that is needed for a south eastern hit.Radar watch!

You mean 'sleet line'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

(My gut feeling is telling me that we will get some longer spells of snow developing tomorrow and poss into Friday as the wind turns more easterly , this like I say is only a gut feeling as going back a good few years I can remember this type of set up and the forecast was similar to what is being forecast now and yet here in Kent them showers got longer and longer and then merged to give us some decent snowfall that went on even if it was only for a 24/48 hour period)

No doubt I will be completely wrong though.. 👿

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

I wouldn't take the GFS precip charts too literally, particularly in showery flows - some will get more than others - generally showers spreading inland later for all parts of our regional looking at the 06z UKMO.