Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

-2.7°C was the low here. It looks like Bournemouth was the coldest place in the country with -6°C

It was lovely and clear around 3am!

Currently overcast and 4.6°C

I don't expect any breaks in the cloud today?! :(

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-10-12-32-57.png

there were some, did see the sun bouncing off the channel this morning, as I looked south towards the pier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Forgot to upload this one from yesterdays lovely sunny Afternoon walk...

10550825_10204836582413285_3898116456948

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Temperature seemed to bottom out shortly after midnight then rose again so no frost by daybreak - just dull and cold.

Same as, except managed a frost this side of midnight. 10 February days and 10 Air Frosts, can this pattern continue?

Posted

This year with a change of car, I needed to replace my snow socks as the tyre size was different. My old ones have never been placed on the car, and the new ones certainly have not made an appearance this winter. I wonder how many winters we will go before such a luxury will be required down here? The old ones now hide deep in the shed, having never been removed from the pack, oh well that's what southern UK winters do I suppose. Waste of money, who knows.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

feeling milder and milder as the week goes on... roll on spring now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another cool, grey, misty, murky morning here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

This goes some way to explaining why the recent cold spell didn't quite deliver for all of us in terms of deep cold and those magic white iced crystals.

https://xmetman.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/why-the-recent-northerlies-were-not-that-cold/

And in the more immediate timeframe, some rain and blustery winds are on their way for Friday it seems, thereafter it may well revert back to calmer HP influenced weather once again.  :friends:

Posted

I'm going to do some research later to see the last time my location had 10 consecutive air frosts as we did until last night, it may well be March 2013 but I want to make sure.

Grey, calm and dry today, though there was some drizzle first thing, 5.7c right now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Had a little drizzle here but not enough to register. hazy hills and valley. Cloudy. Calm . 5.4c.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

March 2013 here had 16 days with air frosts all together and at the end from 26th to 31st and then into the first four days of April.  9 consecutive days this month from 2nd to 10th inclusive.

Posted

Hellooooooooo, Did anyone hear that echo reverberating around this great abyss of the S,W,      No snow means no interest means no posts lol,

• Like 1

Posted

Given the ol' crystal ball a quick rub this morning....

I see rain for tomorrow. If anybody has forgotten what this is. It is the globular precipitation that makes one damp.

Hellooooooooo, Did anyone hear that echo reverberating around this great abyss of the S,W,      No snow means no interest means no posts lol,

Yeah but the hardy remain, us folks from darzet are a tough bunch we don't let a little thing like no weather get us down do we? I am not "Just for the winter..." type of person, roll on April showers and summer storms, we got a lot more weather to do..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Grey and cold again, though not excessively so. Haven't had rain since early January 29th so two weeks without rain. Tomorrow will certainly be a change - uncanny that it is also Friday 13th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Who's up for some thundery showers tomorrow afternoon, after the frontal rain has passed through?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Who's up for some thundery showers tomorrow afternoon, after the frontal rain has passed through?

Unless there's hail or snow involved, they can do one in my opinion lol. Come back in March when they may even be accompanied by thunder. Would quite like some sunshine after the last three days of gloom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Trough, front, trough tomorrow..

I've been keeping an eye on tomorrow myself. As AWD says, a risk of some thundery showers possible tomorrow.

Cold air aloft moves in behind the main front, bringing some instability to parts of the region.

Certainly something of interest after this benign spell of weather. :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another chilly day, the frost has just about melted from 2 days ago with a slow and gradual thaw of ground and puddles etc with temperatures night and day just hovering a degree or two above.

I think we can safely say its the end of winter and a poor one at that. 

Posted

We have sunshine, satellite suggests a decent portion of the West Country is under clearer sky than for several days, still chilly though at 5.6c .

Intriguing prospects for tomorrow, particularly after the Cold Front, and it would certainly be good to see a decent convective sky.