Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely sunshine this afternoon with the temperature surpassing 6C after a dull morning. Hard to believe tomorrow is going to be a rain followed by convective showers day when it currently looks like the middle of an anticyclone out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I know I'm probably in the minority around here but I've been loving this high pressure. Yes, it's been grey, yes it's been cool but it's been dry; for those of us who work outdoors it's been an absolute bonus to not be soaking wet, you can get so much more work done. Not looking forward to a wet day tomorrow and as far as I'm concerned, it can clear off again pronto, keeping my fingers crossed that the high pressure re-asserts its self next week.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I know I'm probably in the minority around here but I've been loving this high pressure. Yes, it's been grey, yes it's been cool but it's been dry; for those of us who work outdoors it's been an absolute bonus to not be soaking wet, you can get so much more work done. Not looking forward to a wet day tomorrow and as far as I'm concerned, it can clear off again pronto, keeping my fingers crossed that the high pressure re-asserts its self next week.

You're not alone, its been a real boon to go out geocaching and not get wet AND it only being muddy underfoot rather than a boggy foot-sucking swamp.

Even managed to have a bit of a tidy in the garden on the weekend....

Posted

Nope, you're not alone. I've also enjoyed the last two weeks of dry weather. Would have liked some snow obviously but as you say the weather is very usable and less cumbersome than wind and rain.

Looks like a blip tomorrow then a return to more benign conditions once more thereafter. Two weeks more of cold hunting from me, can we squeeze out one more cold spell, that will actually deliver? February 2004 re-run anybody? I jolly well hope so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Enjoying the sunshine through broken cloud. 4.6c Hardly any breeze..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I work outside whether it's wet or dry. I find that skin is waterproof.. ;)

It's usually the wind that hampers building a ropes course or putting a fence up.

Anyway, nice to see Mr Hugo mentioning some possible thundery activity. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I enjoy both cold and snowy and dry an sunny working outside myself however rain is the one weather type that gets to me and makes me feel truly wet and miserable.

I was just thinking earlier after reading Karlos comment in mod thread about this 'wonderful snowy' winter we are all having and so far that awful wet winter last year provided me with more snow overall than this one as we had one decent covering compared to this winters one paltry met office standard snow day.

I really hope we see something decent before march is out. :closedeyes:

Posted

I really hope we see something decent before march is out. :closedeyes:

Of course the models will change massively between now and then, but I noticed a strong NNW-N incursion for the 26th onwards at the end of the GFS, with -7/-8C uppers over us. I have fond memories of the snowfall on 26th/27th February 2004 so I'm hoping for a repeat. Failing that, anticyclonic sunshine with overnight frost/fog will do just fine for me. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Oh dear heavy rain as I left the house this morning, didn't last long though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Would be nice to see something thundery today will be radar watching and keeping a eye on the ATD

Indeed quite possible with squally showers moving in later. It has been a rubbish winter for snow here, with a few minutes of sleet overall.. But let's hope we get a decent thunderstorm season later this year in return :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Proper rain now. 1.5mm so far this morning.   Temperature 6.6c.  Humidity 87%hpa. Pressure  1003.3 hpa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

And so the miserable weather returns, hopefully not for long and high pressure can once again become that dominant player.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Yuck. Just got back from town and we are drenched. Great start to half term. I HATE rain!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hope we get some Boom Boom showers later :bomb: , suns out at the moment, sooooo glad to get rid of that minging HP!  :yahoo:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Sun's out here too, but I can see some beefy showers on the way towards the west.  Not checked the gauge yet...

Posted

All of 5mm here, I said to somebody local yesterday that I would be surprised if we see more than 15mm from the whole LOW pressure fronts/troughs as they meander through today/tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

same here Andy, just a little light rain which soon passed.....that first band died a rapid death....eyes out west now on the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Had a really heavy shower here half an hour or so ago. Not entirely sure what it was....no I haven't entirely lost the plot nor completed my decline into senility, honest....it wasn't rain, it was white, but not hail, certainly wasn't snow and if it was sleet, well it was the biggest, fattest sleet I've ever seen. Followed by a fabulous rainbow too.

Roll on more high pressure, hopefully next week.

• Like 1