Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Icy cold wind, blue skies and totally sunny. The second best type of Winter weather - I'll take it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Dear lord it is bitterly cold outside.

-1c with a keen easterly wind, everything is frozen solid. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Dear lord it is bitterly cold outside.

-1c with a keen easterly wind, everything is frozen solid. :cold:

I agree what a beautiful winters day it has been today and the next best thing to a snowy day but equally good for working outside in.

Have to say I'm still looking for our next snow trip on Meteociel .

Fun times :)

Posted

I agree Argyle, a stunning day. Took a hike up to the top of one of the Tors today. Wild NE wind up there, bitterly cold. Then back down to the local caff for bacon butties and hot chocolate.

Snow and ice makes people do crazy things. A friend told me of a 4ft snowman driving round on the back of on open truck this week In snowless plymouth, complete with scarf and stick arms. Wonder if they've got a big freezer!!!

We also have a large pond on the moor that the animals use as a watering hole. Today 3 guys on motorbikes were whizzing around on top of it on the ice. Seemed a bit crazy to me but what do I know?!!!! They didn't disappear under, that's pretty thick ice.

• Like 2

Posted

Yet another stunning day!

As soon as I get this shopping home I'm off out on the bike I think to make the most of this winters sunshine as next weeks weather is looking a tad cloudy.

Enjoy you weekend people :)

Oh need to get a run in there also 😉

Edited by Argyle1980

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Gorgeous day here on the IOW, beautiful walking weather, albeit cold, but soon warmed up walking along the beach with the dogs :)

Love proper cold mornings, and the frosts, makes winter feel like winter :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy. 4.1c. Breeze N.E. 19 km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stunning winters day here in Falmouth. Warm and pleasant in the sun with crystal clear skies. Perfect.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The only way I can see any light snow flurries is if we get an inversion with freezing fog which crystallizes. If there are weak fronts with their cloud trapped within the HIGH then the likely precipitation would be drizzle.

Fair enough, after I posted that, I noticed the UKMO did in fact mention drizzle rather than snizzle or snow so you are most likely correct in your assumption. Grey dreary and dark but cold today in Newbury, looks like maxing out at 3.8c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cold and cloudy sums it up today. Have lost the lovely sunshine of yesterday but also the biting wind, much calmer today. Max so far of 04.0C.

Posted

Today's max here was 6.5°C, now back down to 4.5°C, with the wind give a "feels like" 1.9°C.

Next few days are to be taken watching Marcus and his delivery, bring it on.

Posted

Lovely bike ride in my shirt and shorts and have to say felt warm in the sunshine but 3 miles down the road and in the darker side of the valley the road was covered in Ice. This was at 2:30 in the afternoon , almost came off!

Just goes to show where the sun does not get to it stays iced up!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Bit of a lazy day and feeling chilly again tonight. Have lit the fire and may just have to open a good red vino to enjoy in its glow!

Happy Saturday evening, peeps! :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted

Well, next week is shaping up to be rather horrible... So far on MO 5 dayer, Monday to Wednesday consist of temperature at 6C with grey cloud everyday... How horrible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I agree Argyle, a stunning day. Took a hike up to the top of one of the Tors today. Wild NE wind up there, bitterly cold. Then back down to the local caff for bacon butties and hot chocolate.

Snow and ice makes people do crazy things. A friend told me of a 4ft snowman driving round on the back of on open truck this week In snowless plymouth, complete with scarf and stick arms. Wonder if they've got a big freezer!!!

We also have a large pond on the moor that the animals use as a watering hole. Today 3 guys on motorbikes were whizzing around on top of it on the ice. Seemed a bit crazy to me but what do I know?!!!! They didn't disappear under, that's pretty thick ice.

Yes i nipped up to north hessarey tor on Friday afternoon. Still plenty of snow on offer then. That wind was something else though. Yesterday was a much calmer day. I was down towards the coast and was positively balmy compared to the moors.

Almost a frost last night down to 0.9c. Don't think we'll see a frost here for a while now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

Yes i nipped up to north hessarey tor on Friday afternoon. Still plenty of snow on offer then. That wind was something else though. Yesterday was a much calmer day. I was down towards the coast and was positively balmy compared to the moors.

Almost a frost last night down to 0.9c. Don't think we'll see a frost here for a while now.

Hard frost here AGAIN!!!! lost count now this winter, car completely frozen cant open it!!!!and we are at see level

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Hard frost here - unexpected, with the cloud to start last night! Crystal clear blue skies this morning, still at -1c. No doubt will cloud over with the warming of the land.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Eight days of February, eight Air Frosts and the mean rolling average Temperature is currently 3.7c below the norm for February, so tis certainly a cold one. On the cards that it will be the warmest February day so far though with the Temperature rising slowly in the sunshine, it should exceed 40F for the first time this month at home. Little sign of the snow now as the last remnants of the gathered up stuff has disappeared over the last 24 hours.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Another gorgeous day on the IOW, glorious sunshine and still chilly

Walk along the beach was lovely with the sun shining, the glare off the ocean was pretty bright too, Off to have full english breakfast in a cafe at Sandown Pier now :)

Have a nice days  folks :)

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another gorgeous day here. We really have lapped up the sun here this week. :D