Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Cotswolds had a dusting when I was driving north up the M5 this morning, looked like the Malverns got some as well.

Was driving back from a visit near Gloucester, around 2ish, was planning for a walk up Painswick Beacon when the heavens opened - hail and snow - white within minutes - became a bit dicey on the roads! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Great weather day today everything from cold rain sleet hail snow and everything in between. Out walking the more exposed Moor and got caught in a tremendous sleet hail shower. Brilliant! Snow settled a wee bit in Princetown. Just a great winter's day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Just loads of sunshine in Newbury today. Was very bright n clear . I didn't find it too cold and was quite surprised to read parts of Sussex hsd snow. Roll on tomorrow.

Posted

Unless I missed them, I don't think I actually had any showers today? Some of you seemed to be suggesting there were frequent showers... Maybe they all just scooted around us...? Didn't chqeck the radar and was inside at work all day so it's anyone's guess!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Was in Cirencester today, a couple of really heavy sleet showers there. Driving back about 7ish the parked cars in Bradford on Avon and Norton St Phillip all had a good covering of snow, nothing on the ground though. Nowt here but frosty and an amazing moon earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of -2°C this morning. A hard frost! It has clouded over, winds have picked up, rain shortly. Currently 7.8°C

Posted

Snowing in Yate so i've heard - anyone there confirm ?

Bit late I know but yes it snowed for about 5-10 minutes ground was to wet for it to stick though, Evaporative cooling I guess?

Posted

Proper wet & windy now! Regular 30mph gusts on my Davis station. 8mm of rain so far.

I'm feeling quite cosy today. Beef stew on the go and a few beers later. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Fergie has just tweeted about wintry showers tomorrow

Edit to include tweet

"W COUNTRY Today's rain clears slowly & erratically into eve. Colder air follows into a windy day Monday, with wintry showers (some of snow)."

Edited by Rich_Clements
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Blimey talk about a day of two halves so far - calm, cloudy and frosty to start (actually nearly went down to -2C last night) but what a fowl, blowy afternoon. Not your typical February weather at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Fergie has just tweeted about wintry showers tomorrow

Edit to include tweet

"W COUNTRY Today's rain clears slowly & erratically into eve. Colder air follows into a windy day Monday, with wintry showers (some of snow)."

Looking at GFS high res i wouldn't be surprised to see some snow up here in Gloucestershire tomorrow, 850s are circa -5-6, dew points at or below freezing. Could be a nice surprise if the ppn is heavy enough :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

I wouldn,t be surprised to even see some wet snow down to lower levels If precipitation becomes heavy enough ,what a day dark cold and blowy ,back edge of rain now moving in but looks like its going to back fill a bit with pulses running along front , Some of the lanes around here getting quite flooded ,cheers gang . :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Yep great wintery potential for places with elevation tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a positively vile day! Considered going out, offered the dogs the chance of a walk, they may be loopy spaniels but even they looked at me with a 'you're having a laugh' expression and retreated back to the aga. 

Have we got a whole week of this grimness to look forward to or is there a glimmer of something better coming up?

• Like 1

Posted

What a positively vile day! Considered going out, offered the dogs the chance of a walk, they may be loopy spaniels but even they looked at me with a 'you're having a laugh' expression and retreated back to the aga. 

Have we got a whole week of this grimness to look forward to or is there a glimmer of something better coming up?

Same here, opened the door for the dogs to go out, they both looked at me, mad a dash quick "cock oh doh leg" and a rush back into their bed. Fair weather animals those two.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Very little in the way of drier interludes aside from the days in between the rain events where we are due a few hit and miss showery outbreaks. Still remaining on the cool to average side of things with regards to the Temperatures too. In fact the last day I recorded a double-digit daytime maximum was back on the 12th January. Plenty of time for Spring-like warmth yet and it might arrive sooner than some folk might expect, on that latter aspect only time will tell.  :gathering:

• Like 1

Posted

In fact the last day I recorded a double-digit daytime maximum was back on the 12th January.

Interesting stats! I've hit 10 or above ten times since the 12th :laugh:

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Temperature is up to 8.3°C now and we've had 6.2mm rain.  I really thought it would be more rain as it's been chucking it down since just after 11, but I guess that the wind bashing it against the windows gives a false impression of amount.

Posted

Temperature is up to 8.3°C now and we've had 6.2mm rain.  I really thought it would be more rain as it's been chucking it down since just after 11, but I guess that the wind bashing it against the windows gives a false impression of amount.

Or the wind has been blowing it away from the rain gauge? :)

My Davis is reading 10mm but my Netatmo is reading 17mm, which is exactly the same as the manual gauge.