Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

What you all on about its really windy here and i think its snowing!! Its very cold

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I remember that summer the hills and moors around me had never looked so green and lush!

It was brilliant. August even saved a bit of drier weather for the much maligned heat seekers.

2009 and 2010 were both very good for convection from slack LP systems too. I lost count of the number of thunder days I witnessed between here and my ex GFs house in Stockport!

It certainly beats waiting on a 'plume' which often never arrives (shunting into the low countries instead). PM convection from slack LP systems I have found to be much more reliable and bearable in equal measure.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Orange coloured clouds out west look snowy but not sure, wind is gusty here and its 2c dew -3c feels raw....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Was blue skies and sunshine here today. Has just been raining with a little hIl mixed in and it is windy too. Looking forward to a spring weekend now

Posted

It was brilliant. August even saved a bit of drier weather for the much maligned heat seekers.

2009 and 2010 were both very good for convection from slack LP systems too. I lost count of the number of thunder days I witnessed between here and my ex GFs house in Stockport!

It certainly beats waiting on a 'plume' which often never arrives (shunting into the low countries instead). PM convection from slack LP systems I have found to be much more reliable and bearable in equal measure.

2010 was good for thunder?

It was the most thunderless year that I could remember.

Posted

2010 was good for thunder?

It was the most thunderless year that I could remember.

Really? I'm sure that's 2011 you're thinking about which was IMO pretty bland. In 2010 I can remember being in Reddish witnessing a back building storm which lasted a good couple of hours and threw down some very very intense rain. I remember thinking how awesome it was. I know it was 2010 because I remember being shocked at how many storms Stockport was receiving in that one season (I was with my ex at the time so remember the year).

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Rrea00120100715.gif

Rrea00120100713.gif

Rrea00120100721.gif

Rrea00120100722.gif

Rrea00120100807.gif

With charts like these you must have seen something?

Then again looking back at 2011 it could have been then that I was thinking of. Either way, there was a good few summers in that period where I experienced so many storms!

• Like 1

Posted

Really? I'm sure that's 2011 you're thinking about which was IMO pretty bland. In 2010 I can remember being in Reddish witnessing a back building storm which lasted a good couple of hours and threw down some very very intense rain. I remember thinking how awesome it was. I know it was 2010 because I remember being shocked at how many storms Stockport was receiving in that one season (I was with my ex at the time so remember the year).

RAF Woodford: 2 days of Thunder for the whole year according to Philip Eden data and 6 for the whole year for Manchester Airport.

That is what I remember it as. There was a lot of talk about the thunder drought at the time and how bad the summer was in the south for thunder.

Posted

Moderate snow shower huge flakes and laying.... Well dusting.... Whiteout.... Wind really gusting and blowing it....

Winters last hurrah....

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well we've sailed right through the gaps in those showers! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Second shower heavier.... Hail then snow.... Whiteout again.....

Lucky bugger.

• Like 1

Posted

Only lasted 5-10 minutes but not exactly giving a covering.... Dusting then melt.... Think temp is bouncing around.... Anyhows i know this winters not been great for most, but thats now 24 days with snow falling and 32 with it making at least a dusting of a covering on the ground.... Hoping next winter is better for everyone, if that means its a better winter up here bring it on....

If its warmer-ish up here this weekend itll be very welcome as i need to get out into the mudfest that is my garden and attempt to sort it out...

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

Well it's now raining here.

Posted

Well I'm going to try and switch to spring mode now, I feel that's the last chance I'll probably get of any snow til next winter now.

Here's to spring and summer thunderstorms!

Edited by James M
  • Like 1

Posted

Well I woke up and showers are piling in but it's 2.7C, if only eh?! I think I'm going to head up to Dovestones this morning before I do my volunteer work and climb up to the top res at 500m, should see some snow there.