Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Moody lookin Sky here ,could be incoming flak for voting conservative ,runs for cover :)...

The weather probably sums up the mood of most of the nation.

That said, plenty of smiley faces in Scotland but still awful weather.

Here it's still peeing it down and the stream beyond the bottom of our garden is in flood mode.

Posted

Oh dear a very poor evening here, heavy rain set in around 5pm and its a dark gloomy evening, street lights, very different to last night. What a difference. It doesn't feel like a Friday evening in May, more like a Friday evening in November...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Rain eased a bit now but plenty of surface water on the roads and streams are running very high.

Certainly been a wet few hours.

Posted

Clearance arrived after a horrible wet night \ morning temps not to good though ..

Our heavy rain changed to continuous showers with no noticeable join and after spending the last hour in the garden trying to dig some tree stumps out but with only soaked clothes to show for it, I've had enough.

April's mini drought seems like a distant memory now but never mind; only five weeks and then a week in the sun.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

Our heavy rain changed to continuous showers with no noticeable join and after spending the last hour in the garden trying to dig some tree stumps out but with only soaked clothes to show for it, I've had enough.

April's mini drought seems like a distant memory now but never mind; only five weeks and then a week in the sun.

Can't wait.

wish I could lend you my doorway mini digger ,I feel your pain :(...

Posted

wish I could lend you my doorway mini digger ,I feel your pain :(...

Stopped raining so off outside again although no doubt it on't be long before I'm back inside.

To be honest they're not proving to be that awkward to get out but the wet conditions certainly don't help.

Posted

Enough digging and chopping for one day and half of my tree roots have been replaced by holes now.

Shower, changed and off out for a meal later although I'll probably be walking like an 80 year old by then.

At least It stopped rain though and although sunshine was rare, it felt reasonable in what bit we had.

Posted

Raining for a change....this time last year I was on holiday........ feeling fed up

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 1

Posted

Well that was certainly a heatwave up with the best of them.

A true one day, sorry one hour wonder with a stiff breeze and limited sunshine to add to the poor 16c we eventually reached.

Never mind though, even the hotter than Venus type headlines the papers were hyping for those Darn Sarf will need to be be looked at again as their warm period has be much reduced from that forecast a few days ago.

I've got a horrible feeling about this summer.....just hope I'm wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

FGS im sick of this cool, cloud, wind and rain! give me some half decent temps (+15c) and a bit of sun PLEASE! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Had a lovely warm and decently sunny day yesterday, thanks to the blessing of a Tm air mass. Now its back to the boring cold, cloudy mess. Bog off Pm air - you suck!

Posted

Take the strong winds out and it's been a decent days weather today and tomorrow is looking good as well.

All we want now is Thursdays rain to stay south of the region and affect those parts of the country who's gardens aparantly need it and it won't have been a bad few days.

Still a long way from proper summer conditions though.

Posted

Yep too windy ,sun feels warm ,can't say that about winter though !!.

Express are saying we are in for a bad winter.

Must be some truth in it as they haven't said such a thing since mmmmmmm last autumn.

Posted

A lacklustre day, disapointingly cloudy with a gusty wind taking the edge off things. Max a below average 12 degrees. A sustained cooler than average period ahead, and changeable but not especially wet, just not very good for mid May. Oh May you can be so much better than this!....

Posted

It really is a poor outlook. Trust the Azores High to "lock in" when it's in an unfavourable position.

This May is turning into an absolute shambles. Even today's blue skies had to be ruined by those stupid winds.