Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

not sure how? im out on site in south east London and is only 21c here.

The heat seems very localised, it seems to be the far east of East Anglia and Kent which is where the thunderstorms are currently rolling around. Currently 27C at Southend airport whilst no other weather station gets close as cloud and cooler air pushes in from the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had storms all around me,but as yet no direct hit

Posted

Still 26(possibly +.5) Here in East London/Essex.

The land level breeze is coming from the north east with lots of high cloud.

Posted

Not much happening here today. Rumble of thunder early this morning and another about an hour ago and thats been it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I don't think this rather marginal feature has been a let down at all. Storm fans in Kent, Essex and East Suffolk have had a superb treat today.

Everytime there's a sniff of storms posters on here talk-up their chances and then throw their toys out of the pram when it doesn't happen.

I was close to posting a word of warning yesterday when I saw talk of all nighters in the areas where storms were unlikely.

I checked the BBC forecast last night and there was a "chance" of an elevated storm in the south and east and more breaking out in the far SE and EA during the afternoon. If anything what came to pass was in excess of what was forecast.

This is the UK where moderate weather rules. If you want 4 foot snow drifts and supercells every year, either move to another country or stop wishing for the highly unlikely from our own weather.

That's the thing with storms. Unless there's an exceptional event, most people are likely to miss out. I did far better than I was expecting today. Have low expectations and you won't be disappointed IMHO (unless jealousy is an issue) Also, at some point, most people will strike the jackpot.

Having a chilled drink in the Pointer, enjoying the Summer weather. :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The heat seems very localised, it seems to be the far east of East Anglia and Kent which is where the thunderstorms are currently rolling around. Currently 27C at Southend airport whilst no other weather station gets close as cloud and cooler air pushes in from the west.

Will it collide with the thundery stuff that seems to be encroaching from the east? Heavy straw-clutch!

Posted

If i had been after a muggy day with some light showers, it would of been perfect, not even a low rumble, not even a flash. useless area for thunder!

*tries not to swear, but it's hard' :nonono:

Cloud gone cloud all gone :fool:

This.

Did you actually see the forecast? They haven't forecast snow for my area tonight, but I'll be on here in the morning to complain about the lack of it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just hit 24C here and feeling very humid. The active line of storms has just moved off the EA coastline with only Kent remaining in the firing line. Just a very slim chance now that this afternoon's warmth and humidity will trigger an isolated thundery shower.

Radar 13.15  post-20040-0-25202000-1433508002_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

So my Dad just said hes going to buy me and my girflriend a trip storm chasing out in the states next year as I explained my love for them and after last nights let down.. Just got to confirm dates and who to book with 

Basically means.. UK storms go do one you pathetic things.

Lucky you! Can I come lol?

Not too bothered about our lack of storms, we were too far west this time. Some good ones firing off in the extreme E/SE though so the forecast was quite accurate. Only the start of summer, plenty of time for storms and heat, hopefully the next plume will be better for all our region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Made it to 25C, so the warmest day of the year so far here. Sunny intervals, well spells of clear skies followed by bands of thick mid-level cloud.

The weekend looks pretty good with long sunny spells and temperatures topping out around 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Much cooler since the line of storm went through, humidity dropped almost instantly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still very humid, over here. Just waiting for the cold front to pass over.

Posted

Most of the mid-level stuff is gone now leaving a lovely end to the day with long sunny spells. Temperatures still holding here at 25C

Posted

Today was disappointment although (1) Thunderstorm around 06:00 caused me to jolt off out of my bed, well not quite - it has been a humid day, 25C currently it feels more like high 20's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sigh, what would be an absolutely stunning warm and sunny afternoon/evening is spoilt yet again by a 100mph SW wind lol...when will it go away?

Posted

Sigh, what would be an absolutely stunning warm and sunny afternoon/evening is spoilt yet again by a 100mph SW wind lol...when will it go away?

lol it's not that strong, all cloud down here, looked like something else was building, then it just clouded over and there nothing.

Posted

Anyone seen this, it's about hail from this mornings storms. Don't ask me why they call it a tropical storm mind lol.

http://www.courier.co.uk/Tropical-storm-hits-Kent-reports-flash-floods/story-26641467-detail/story.html

• Like 2

Posted

All in all a very enjoyable day! Woken up by the rumble of thunder, a good thunderstorm with a couple of smaller encores later on, then increasingly warm and sunny hitting 24C. No work today so an afternoon lolling about in the garden. Then to cap it, a great atmosphere in my High Street local tonight with people in shorts, skirts and tee-shirts. It was still 21.5C at 20.00 - brilliant. Hic! :drunk:

• Like 2

Posted

Nice day here with sunny spells, very little more to say about this weekend. 

Next week looks unusually cool with a nagging north easterly wind at least for Monday and Tuesday.

Nice day here with sunny spells, very little more to say about this weekend. 

Next week looks unusually cool with a nagging north easterly wind at least for Monday and Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely day, nice and fresh, deep blue skies till little while ago.

I can imagine some big moans in here for coastal regions this week with a cool north east wind.

Just hope we can keep blue skies.

Posted

Nice day here so far, strong sunny spells and a few clouds. Shame the howling wind is back YET AGAIN!! When will we get some calmer days I wonder. It's been windy every day here since March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yes we just can't seem to shift these strong winds this year, just about comfortable sitting outside in a T-shirt but chilly enough when there's a strong gust.

Looking ahead the theme is dominated by winds with a northerly component right out to the end of the GFS run, NE'erlies this coming week followed by NW'erlies the following week. Should still deliver some nice weather at times but disappointing that there's not even a hint at any continental heat

• Like 3

Posted

At this time of the year I really dislike the seemingly endless winds off the North Sea and the start of next week is not looking favourable, with the 850 hPa 0C isotherm flirting with our Region for much of Mon and Tues, coupled with still cold sea temps. :angry:

Today hasn't been too bad with temps hitting 18C, but my jacket has been on and off more times than Terry Wogan's wig as the sun disappeared and reappeared from behind fair weather cloud. The stiff breeze always seems to blow stronger when the sun goes in!

Whilst the charts for later next week suggest a warmer regime as the winds switch to more of a SE direction off the continent, the downside could be more unsettled with cloud and rain! I've learnt that Spring and early Summer in East Anglia can be a frustrating time. Still love it though! :)  

Posted

Lovely morning here, feeling warm in the sun and the vile wind has, at long last, reduced to a light breeze. I could almost weep with joy lol. Enjoy the day everyone, allotment for me then late pub lunch!