Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Lovely morning here, feeling warm in the sun and the vile wind has, at long last, reduced to a light breeze. I could almost weep with joy lol. Enjoy the day everyone, allotment for me then late pub lunch!

That vile breeze will be returning next week :help:  You might end up weeping again :cray: as it will become cool and eventually, by the end of the week, pressure could fall to the south of the UK and bring some heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That vile breeze will be returning next week :help:  You might end up weeping again :cray: as it will become cool and eventually, by the end of the week, pressure could fall to the south of the UK and bring some heavy rain.

Yes, I had a look at the GFS run and wished I hadn't! Though I'd quite like a day/night of heavy rain, allotment is like a dust bowl at the moment, oldies fighting over the taps lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today looks good, the first half of the week looks poor.... and then it could get even worse. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But I do love heavy rain and thunderstorms - especially at night! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

But I do love heavy rain and thunderstorms - especially at night! :D

All depends how the pattern turns out, if the cold air digs south quickly then it is going to be very poor, but if the warm air puts up a fight then we could see some fireworks.

Any who, today is another very usable day, sunny spells and temperatures around 18C at the moment, could touch 20C again.

We have made it to 20C today :) Not a bad weekend at all.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well even though it's only 20C it is a lovely early summers day. What a difference to the feel of the day when the hurricane force wind lets up.

Posted

Yes, I had a look at the GFS run and wished I hadn't! Though I'd quite like a day/night of heavy rain, allotment is like a dust bowl at the moment, oldies fighting over the taps lol...

:shok: I thought allotments were peaceful places where 'oldies' admired each other's carrots. The gardens here need some rain, all the storms avoided much of London, just had light rain here instead. Today has been sunny and warm 21c, but it should rain solid for the next 4 months. This is what usually happens when I decide to plant water melons.

Posted

:shok: I thought allotments were peaceful places where 'oldies' admired each other's carrots. The gardens here need some rain, all the storms avoided much of London, just had light rain here instead. Today has been sunny and warm 21c, but it should rain solid for the next 4 months. This is what usually happens when I decide to plant water melons.

Admiring each others carrots lol? Saucy....our site is lovely, it can be very peaceful and I love it there. Some plot holders are lovely, others selfish so and so's who hog the water taps for hours. When the ground is so dry like it is now then tempers can flare!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I see the temps will be in the mid-teens all week. After temps in the high 20's in Italy last week, these strange numbers make no sense to me :(

Posted

Admiring each others carrots lol? Saucy....our site is lovely, it can be very peaceful and I love it there. Some plot holders are lovely, others selfish so and so's who hog the water taps for hours. When the ground is so dry like it is now then tempers can flare!

We can rent some out here, but I have enough trouble keeping my own garden in check, what with the prehistoric spinach that is growing everywhere like Triffids. Didn't even plant the stuff! :cc_confused: I've eaten buckets of it! :bad:  Another clear evening here, that breeze is picking up, might be hurricane force by dawn. :D It is warm at 15.5c but the temperature will probably be around 9c at dawn, if the last few nights are anything to go by.

Posted

We can rent some out here, but I have enough trouble keeping my own garden in check, what with the prehistoric spinach that is growing everywhere like Triffids. Didn't even plant the stuff! :cc_confused: I've eaten buckets of it! :bad:  Another clear evening here, that breeze is picking up, might be hurricane force by dawn. :D It is warm at 15.5c but the temperature will probably be around 9c at dawn, if the last few nights are anything to go by.

Ooh spinach, yum. Do you know who planted it? Grew some last year and it survived the winter fine. Not much wind here, is it going to come back?? Dear God, no! Definitely a chill in the air tonight, nice for sleeping I suppose, though I like warm evenings.

Posted

The models painting a better picture compared to 24 hours ago, in fact by early June standards by the end of the week we might not have done too badly.

Tomorrow - Sunshine and a few showers, at this point the north easterly looks pretty clear so temperatures shouldn't be too different inland. 17-19C but cooler on the coast at 13-15C.

Tuesday - A cloudier and breezier day so cooler at 14-16C, feeling rather cold on the coast.

Wednesday - A better day with more in the way of sunshine and lighter winds. 17-20C, perhaps a tad higher in places, coasts cooler with an easterly wind or coastal sea breezes.

Thursday - Where the uncertainty begins, a warm front will push north, not much rain forecast and behind this will be some very warm continental air. 20-23C inland but cooler on the coast with a gentle easterly flow.

Friday - Looks quite cyclonic potentially from the east or south east, thundery showers or longer spells of rain possible. Inland temperatures could be around 22-26C, cooler again on the coasts.

Well that's my view on things.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Ive been in florida for a while,got back Thursday so im not complaining about it being cooler,nice to chill down after the heat and humidity i endured out there,hope everyone's ok and no drama's have happened with people not posting etc

Posted

Decent day here so far, quite chilly outside and cloud is starting to bubble up.

Posted

Fairly sunny day so far here though cloud increasing and it feels quite cold at only 16C. End of the week look quite interesting synoptically, wonder if we'll get any heat/storms? Hope so!

Posted

Ooh spinach, yum. Do you know who planted it? Grew some last year and it survived the winter fine. Not much wind here, is it going to come back?? Dear God, no! Definitely a chill in the air tonight, nice for sleeping I suppose, though I like warm evenings.

Spinach is weather proof and could probably survive  a nuclear war along with wasps, ants, rats, weeds and mosquitos.   I'm enjoying the cool evenings, last summer had temperatures of 22c at 1am, with very high humidity levels and those conditions lasted for ages. :help: So far this summer has been pleasant enough, even my cat is enjoying it :shok: It's 19.8c and sunny, with a cool breeze. Don't need to feel like a baked potato to make it summery, warm will do. :D Oop norf (usually anywhere north of Watford for southerners ) :rolleyes:  they are complaining about how cold it still is, :cold:  so we are about as summery as it gets in the UK at the moment.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 4

Posted

Spinach is weather proof and could probably survive a nuclear war along with wasps, ants, rats, weeds and mosquitos. I'm enjoying the cool evenings, last summer had temperatures of 22c at 1am, with very high humidity levels and those conditions lasted for ages. :help: So far this summer has been pleasant enough, even my cat is enjoying it :shok: It's 19.8c and sunny, with a cool breeze. Don't need to feel like a baked potato to make it summery, warm will do. :D Oop norf (usually anywhere north of Watford for southerners ) :rolleyes: they are complaining about how cold it still is, :cold: so we are about as summery as it gets in the UK at the moment.

Hehe, yes, also funny how weeds grow in pretty much all conditions our climate throws at them! Constant battle on the allotment, am growing a lot of veg thru that landscape fabric stuff which helps a lot. How do u cook the spinach? Love mine stir fried in a bit of butter and loads of garlic and black pepper, so good.

The 22C at 1am you describe sounds like heaven to me. I love the warmth and find a simple fan in the bedroom cools me down nicely. It's also lovely to be able to sit out of an evening in summer clothes and not have to freeze. Sometimes I think it's just the British that find heat a nightmare! I really don't know how the hardy folk 'up north' deal with it, it's cold enough daaaan saaaaaaf!!!

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice sunny day so far today, wind is very chilly though. Found my self wishing I wore a jumper over my t shirt. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

After a sunny start the cloud quickly built up inland this morning, but looking towards the coast there was a very definite edge to the clouds with blue skies beyond, so I suspect people on the coastline are still enjoying the sun. At one stage some wonderful cumulus to enjoy, but it's all spread out into grey mush now, and feeling chilly at 15.1C (at 14.00). 

Looking forward, it's here we go again for Friday! Turning warm and possibly thundery again. :) GFS certainly thinks so today, although the Met Off stressing the uncertainty at the moment.

Fri 12th CAPE & LI at 15.00 post-20040-0-05057200-1433769325_thumb.p Rainfall post-20040-0-59684300-1433769347_thumb.p

Posted

A lot of cloud here now, but there does appear to be a heavy shower forming just east of here.

Posted

Still nice sunny and warm here, even the wind seems to feel warmer now, or I've got used to it. Been little fluffy cumulus here all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Clouded over now, but has been a nice day. Lets hope those storms turn up for Friday!

Posted

Hehe, yes, also funny how weeds grow in pretty much all conditions our climate throws at them! Constant battle on the allotment, am growing a lot of veg thru that landscape fabric stuff which helps a lot. How do u cook the spinach? Love mine stir fried in a bit of butter and loads of garlic and black pepper, so good.

The 22C at 1am you describe sounds like heaven to me. I love the warmth and find a simple fan in the bedroom cools me down nicely. It's also lovely to be able to sit out of an evening in summer clothes and not have to freeze. Sometimes I think it's just the British that find heat a nightmare! I really don't know how the hardy folk 'up north' deal with it, it's cold enough daaaan saaaaaaf!!!

Spinach pie, spinach on toast, spinach casserole, spinach trifle :shok: That (hurricane) breeze has picked up again, it got cloudy and dark here, thought it was going to rain, but the cloud has broken up. The temperature has gone down to 16.5c.

Still nice sunny and warm here, even the wind seems to feel warmer now, or I've got used to it. Been little fluffy cumulus here all day.

Has it clouded over, there yet?

Clouded over now, but has been a nice day. Lets hope those storms turn up for Friday!

Is this going to be from another plume? If so, it will probably be to the east again and just graze East Anglia and Kent. :cray:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

The dreaded wind is back, it's completely cloudy and 15C. Dear, oh dear lol, was a lovely one day warm spell...!...though the outlook for weekend/next week gives some hope of summer returning.

Posted

Spinach pie, spinach on toast, spinach casserole, spinach trifle :shok: That (hurricane) breeze has picked up again, it got cloudy and dark here, thought it was going to rain, but the cloud has broken up. The temperature has gone down to 16.5c.

Has it clouded over, there yet?

Is this going to be from another plume? If so, it will probably be to the east again and just graze East Anglia and Kent. :cray:

Not yet no.