Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Rain on and off all day here and a very cool 18C was the highest it got (21-22c is the norm here for July and August). Later in the week looks good but will it last? Current output would say... no.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Precip charts are a waste of time :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Looking forward to cooler temps for a few days just got home from Disney Paris very hot over there 41 on sat 28 in the night very hard to sleep! Has not been a bad summer this year so far

• Like 2

Posted

Exactly.. August 2008 might have been close to average but that's only because nighttime temps were kept high due to the ridiculous cloud & rain levels. Daytime temps were very disappointing - highest temp all month was 23C here.

Yep, no question in my mind that August 2008 was diabolical. Sunshine levels were surpassed by the February of that year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

North-westerly...

attachicon.gifGarbage.png

:bad:

looks horrid, would produce big snow showers in north and east, in winter, dry inland, rain showers on west coasts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Still 19°C and 20°C being projected down here on Wednesday and Thursday. It only just scraped 20°C last Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I often wonder what it is, exactly, folks expect from a UK summer:

Two-weeks' dry, hot weather; it's moan, whinge, whine - we need more rain. If it's anything-else; it's moan, whinge, whine - why can't I have a barbie three-times a day, every day!

What is it folks want! :cc_confused:  :cc_confused:

• Like 3

Posted

I often wonder what it is, exactly, folks expect from a UK summer:

Two-weeks' dry, hot weather; it's moan, whinge, whine - we need more rain. If it's anything-else; it's moan, whinge, whine - why can't I have a barbie three-times a day, every day!

What is it folks want! :cc_confused:  :cc_confused:

Was it nice in Spain, as you can't be referring to the UK, as we have had nothing of the sort!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Was it nice in Spain, as you can't be referring to the UK, as we have had nothing of the sort!

Never mind! :fool:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite concerning the number of

Folks who are wishing. Cold and frosts in summer. Nothing would grow and everyone would be miserable if they had it their way all the time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

im not wishing it, thats why i said 'insane' in the model thread. Seems i ruffled a few feathers. Was only pointing out what I thought was an unusual situation but some replies seemed to imply it wasnt so. Probably just showing my lack of experience.

• Like 1

Posted

Quite concerning the number of

Folks who are wishing. Cold and frosts in summer. Nothing would grow and everyone would be miserable if they had it their way all the time!

Why on earth is it concerning? This is the Uk  so expect anyweather ,anytime! Its no different , people hoping for hot settled weather all the time, nothing would grow, water would be rationed and people will start to get angry :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Posted

I'm starting to get the same feeling that I had in May regarding July's weather.. looks bad, cool north westerlies and no sign of sustained warmth. I hate this god damned climate sometimes. :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

im not wishing it, thats why i said 'insane' in the model thread. Seems i ruffled a few feathers. Was only pointing out what I thought was an unusual situation but some replies seemed to imply it wasnt so. Probably just showing my lack of experience.

You are correct in saying that it is unusual. I think some took the word 'insane' to literally  :D  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Why on earth is it concerning? This is the Uk  so expect anyweather ,anytime! Its no different , people hoping for hot settled weather all the time, nothing would grow, water would be rationed and people will start to get angry :closedeyes:

I'm not hoping or expecting hot weather all the time but North westerlies and in the persistence they have been this year is NOT normal.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not hoping or expecting hot weather all the time but North westerlies and in the persistence they have been this year is NOT normal.

Ive no idea how old you are , but its all normal,  Its all happened before, just look back in history :closedeyes:

• Like 4

Posted

Ive no idea how old you are , but its all normal,  Its all happened before, just look back in history :closedeyes:

I have never known a year like this with such persistent nw winds. The SW wind is the predominant one. It's not normal. i don't expect the coldies to say otherwise though!

• Like 2

Posted

Winds from the south,west ,north,east in summer are all part of the long term average :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I have never known a year like this with such persistent nw winds. The SW wind is the predominant one. It's not normal. i don't expect the coldies to say otherwise though!

I don't want north westerlies in winter and i'm a coldie (winter) NW'lys bring rain in winter here

Posted

I think Temps from this years N/W flows have been more obvious due to it running over very cool N/Atlantic SST, Currently 1-2c below average. The UK has always battled with a W/NW flow come Summer or Winter, 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Yes youre right, the southwest wind is the normal default of the Uk , I would say 75% of the time each year the wind blows from the southwest, that's what makes the uk  milder in winter, cooler in summer from the near continent. Take a look at the "Hadley Cell" circulation and that will give you some idea why winds across planet earth blow from where they do! :D  Im not a coldie, I love Anyweather as my avatar name suggests   :)

Edited by Polar Maritime
To move discussion on.

Posted

Usually when the continent us hot, we are too i.e 2013, 2006, 2003, 1995 and so on. Less hot in absolute terms but usually just as hot if not hotter relative to average.

It is certainly not unreasonable to expect some of their heat to move over us for more than one or two days as it has done in the past on countless occasions. Anyone who suggests otherwise is lying.

• Like 1

Posted

Whatever happens I am glad to be off on holiday in central and Southern Europe in August so I can be guaranteed some summer weather.