Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

For once I'm looking forward to some Pennine storms. I don't have to go anywhere, I'll just take myself and dog to the top of the Moor and watch them coming in...and then run down just in time me thinks!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

GFS 12z looking very interesting again, widespread 30'c evident for Wednesday following a similar area of interest for instability. Thursday doesn't neccesarily seem as cool now, which then on Friday seems to help the heat build again issuing widespread 30'c across England with instability sitting maybe slightly eastwards but little change, then even by Saturday the heat doesn't want to escape the UK showing tops of 32-33'c in East Anglia!

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

GFS 12z looking very interesting again, widespread 30'c evident for Wednesday following a similar area of interest for instability. Thursday doesn't neccesarily seem as cool now, which then on Friday seems to help the heat build again issuing widespread 30'c across England with instability sitting maybe slightly eastwards but little change, then even by Saturday the heat doesn't want to escape the UK showing tops of 32-33'c in East Anglia!

Come on, Ben! Let's hope we can get some corkers tomorrow night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yes you're right, they've not much height to them. Just rolled in now after a very warm afternoon.

Nice though.

There's been some outstanding Cirrus and Altocumulus here, over the past three or four days. :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The GFS indicative of the FAX, showery outbreaks developing along that trough on Wednesday..

post-15177-0-23011300-1435597730_thumb.ppost-15177-0-21614100-1435597732_thumb.ppost-15177-0-11508500-1435597723_thumb.ppost-15177-0-23869900-1435597734_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Interesting are any areas forecast to get storms as nothing seems to be mentioned very much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning

I hope that trough will trigger a few thunderstorms for NI... MLCAPE values seem very high on the NMM12 where I am, but I am a bit skeptical of that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Think the main focus Wednesday will be in the West and some central parts.

If say we get a storm that roots beneath the boundary layer and potentially becomes a right mover, then it could be quite severe. Wednesday afternoon I wouldn't rule that out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Chance for my area tomorrow evening according to netweather storm risk , and again friday afternoon/evening.

Yes you could be in a prime position ,same as me here but usual possibilitys of someone else getting the jam ,will be nice sat out tomorrow night if the dice falls right ,i love it when you see those night time flickers late evening knowing you have about 5/6 hours for a light show ,best of luck to all .cheers .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I wonder if this Wednesday will go like the way 1st August 1999 went?

That's possibly not a bad shout.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I was a little bit too young to remember detail that far back, although I do remember a big storm during one of the summers of the late 90s but I can't remember which. The only storm that stands out in my Childhood is the July 2001 epic discussed yesterday. Edited by Chris R

Posted

Looks to be similar areas as what is forecast for Wednesday to be honest

• Like 1

Posted

Just need to say.. we should keep an eye for any developments over Spain tonight.. Once the storms start to arrive there.. they should start pushing their way up towards UK over the next 24 hours! :)

Posted

Definitely a very good analog. So excited for Wednesday to be honest. Even if there aren't any storms in my area, it will be really interesting seeing last-minute model predictions and doing loads of radar-watching :D
  • Like 2

Posted

Well, looks like the first thunderstorm is developing over the mountains in NW Spain.. will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few hours and if more will develop.
By tomorrow.. We should have some spectacular displays over France!! As those storms (hopefully) work their way towards us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Definitely a very good analog. So excited for Wednesday to be honest. Even if there aren't any storms in my area, it will be really interesting seeing last-minute model predictions and doing loads of radar-watching :D

Hi and thanks for sharing that. Good to see my home town of Evesham on the national forecast way back then. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

May go fishing this week but not sure when storms are predicted for north home counties? Wed? Fri?

Any ideas please would be appreciated.

Thx

According to the Beeb, Wednesday night through Thursday morning looks favourite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm gonna be working in Gerrard's Cross on weds morning at about 9am.

Tomorrow night got dinner plans til probably 9pm in Guildford and then I'm free to roam.

Was thinking of packing up the van and heading across on the M4 to Swindon area and basically sleeping in the van if there is enough action to stay out for.

Does this sound like a winning idea or should I just stay put and wait til Friday?

Not sure how Far East these storms will reach tomorrow - is Hampshire in with a shout?