Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Stunning skies in North Leeds. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Looks Cumulus asperatus to me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The storm moving north through the Peak District missed Derby by about 2-3 miles. I could see some distant bolts and plenty of distant rumbles but I was hoping for a closer hit. Problem now is it distracted me from getting north into a decent location for anything later this afternoon. 

Thank you for the information about the lorry fire on the M1, that is valuable information as I would have probably have used that route (main route north from here).

It is currently 33c and feels so humid you literally pour with sweat as soon as you step out the door. 33c makes it the hottest day here since July 2006 I believe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Quite confused, two fronts are supposed to push from the SW tonight, one bringing thunderstorms to the south east, but what about the second cold front from the west, will that just bring general rain?

I'd admit I'm not too sure, although I think with enough instability around, there's a reasonable chance it could produce further chances of thundery weather. The Met Office seem to think some overnight showery, and possibly thundery, rain will edge Eastwards through the day tomorrow. So maybe a possibility, there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

The sun has made a return here, currently 30.4c imby, lots of high cloud but also

some darker looking bases, really humid now just dunked my self under a cool shower...... fingers crossed for later

• Like 1

Posted

Large fork lightning visible to south east of Leeds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

More clearer air beginning to move back in across central England once more, humidity feels oppressive now.

That's probably positive. Let the sun and temp build back up. Estofex mentioned the fact that storms would need HIGH temps to break cap if we wanted to reach potential. If you compare the radar between now and 6pm, I suspect you will see a line of storms stretching from Liverpool down to Bournemouth, moving NE. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Cor I woke up this morning from one of those dreams which seemed all too real. I dreamt last night that I was looking out the window and the clouds started spiralling over the field near our house, I saw the rotation, the sky was turbulent, dark and messy. Then suddenly a tornado formed and there was cloud to ground lightning. The nado was moving our way, slowly, but then petered out before wiping our entire neighbourhood from the earth, it looked something like this, it was totally surreal....

http://whyfiles.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/f5_2007canada.jpg

I then thought to myself, "I better check the net-weather radar!" and presumed to go onto the website....only to then wake up groggy, in a pool of sweat in this oven of a bedroom. Joys of summer eh? 

Edited by UKSupercell
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Forming cells are quickly dissipating to the South of Birmingham.....Hopfully saving our pressure cooker atmosphere for later :)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The sun has made a return here, currently 30.4c imby, lots of high cloud but also

some darker looking bases, really humid now just dunked my self under a cool shower...... fingers crossed for later

sure is very humid. Not sure anymore if we are still in a good place for later or not lol Edited by Chris R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I thought it was Hail at first but just big drops of white rain.

I've seen brown rain and red rain (Saharan dust/rain) but white rain? That's a new one.

Posted

Local Fire service is now on-call to a moorland fire started by a lightning strike, given how localized that cell was and the fact it was spitting out forks from 7000ft to dried out ground, its not surprising.

Posted

The storm moving north through the Peak District missed Derby by about 2-3 miles. I could see some distant bolts and plenty of distant rumbles but I was hoping for a closer hit. Problem now is it distracted me from getting north into a decent location for anything later this afternoon. 

Thank you for the information about the lorry fire on the M1, that is valuable information as I would have probably have used that route (main route north from here).

It is currently 33c and feels so humid you literally pour with sweat as soon as you step out the door. 33c makes it the hottest day here since July 2006 I believe.

I would avoid Chesterfield if you are travelling north later mate, Northbound and Southbound M1 traffic will now be diverted through here and the M1 is not due to re-open until around 5pm.

It will be a real bottleneck here for the rest of the afternoon. 

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Heavy rain here with large drops. Reached 32C earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

sure is very humid. Not sure anymore if we are still in a good place for later or not lol

arr 'ey Chris don't shatter my dreams, I'm usually in work when any exciting weather happens

Posted

Suns back out 31c hot and sooooo humid...... Making hotdogs then packing up car and heading to the hotter south.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

That Yorkshire storm getting pretty active.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Sporadic thunder rumbles now, and it's only cooled down to 29C. Very humid.