Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

Think this is a Yorkshire northwards event today

This is only one storm out of potentially many. The most energy will be available between about 5-8pm, so patience.

Storms could and most probably will pop up just about anywhere close to the met office warning area.  Here's what I think will happen, keep an eye out on those light/patchy showers over southern england, as these little patches head north I think some of them will just ignite into heavier echoes (storm associated) then badda bing badda boom, storms just pop up out of thin air!! ; )

Posted

Still plenty of time but I do agree the cloud cover is slightly concerning. Newcastle is getting hammered right now, wow

That storm over Tyneside does look like it's becoming severe. Potentially dangerous situation for Newcastle if it keeps up.

I'm concerned on  this too. I think that I for certain am too far west. The clouds have shown nothing put mid level crud really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Something Big better happen today on the hottest July day on record. :-)

Posted

Think this is a Yorkshire northwards event today

Its not over yet, we were forecast no storms at all by any of the models today, yet earlier on we got a fairly good one! As said, the energy is still there for development this evening. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Absolutely nothing here in the Aire Valley, just very warm and humid. The sun is still out. Going to sit in the garden and wait to see what happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I have pics but dont know how to get them on here again will figure it out later but wow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

It must be elevated because its bone dry still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

I have to say, if you don't have it the app "Periscope" is pretty good for anyone needing a storm fix... two people in Newcastle have there phone up and recording it.... like a live storm chase, but when the storm moves on you look for someone else whos streaming...

This one I have on and its constant thunder in Newcastle.... excellent.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Looks like NE England is taking a pounding, makes what I had this morning absoloute rubbish. Anyway, I'm focused on Cornwall and especially SW Wales now, quite a few could see some T&L soon.

Posted

HOnestly one of the best storms I have seen - cant ever remember hearing thunder like it - loads of cloud to ground and shotgun thunder close by

Told ya they would Mature over you  :D

• Like 1

Posted

Big blobs of rain coming down here. not much at all, it's the clag to the west.

Posted

Looks like NE England is taking a pounding, makes what I had this morning absoloute rubbish. Anyway, I'm focused on Cornwall and especially SW Wales now, quite a few could see some T&L soon.

I'm keeping my eye on those SW Wales storms to! ~ Think a few are starting to make progress towards the SE Valleys!.. but I don't expect much from them.. .then I don't know what to expect haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It smells like that hot smell you get abroad outside. Lovely.

My hair does not like it though, my hair is nearing Monica levels.

https://3and3quarters.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/ca099370b043e75b58508fa6ba19fafd.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Seriously, if you have an iphone download Periscope, watching someone in South shields, and hes being showing the forks of lightening, booming thunder......

We might not see anything today int he west but this sort of thing fills the gap.... 

If we get any storms this week, i'm going to stream it, and might try and get the link up on here (thats jinxed it!) 

• Like 1

Posted

Told ya they would Mature over you  :D

Hi Paul,

Any chance you could give an update on the situation over NW England & Southern Scotland? Bit worried now as only light rain seems to be forming. Is it a lot later thunderstorms were forecast or has the instability shifted much further east? Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Things are really kicking off over Cornwall and Pembrokshire now, something not forecast at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Seriously, if you have an iphone download Periscope, watching someone in South shields, and hes being showing the forks of lightening, booming thunder......

We might not see anything today int he west but this sort of thing fills the gap.... 

If we get any storms this week, i'm going to stream it, and might try and get the link up on here (thats jinxed it!) 

I've got it, but I've no idea how to get someone from a certain area :(