Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

People need to calm down, nothing (forecast wise) is due to hit until the early hours of tomorrow evening in the south. The North has also plenty of energy available just awaiting the spark.

Estofex currently spot on with forecasts over the near continent. Storms starting to form over the mountains of Iberia, Northern France will follow this evening if they are correct.

Anyone in the south is at risk right now, the North may benefit from home grown storms or imports from Northern France tonight. 

Patience!  :bomb:

Edited by SnowMania
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Think I can see anvils through the haze to my South but can't be sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nope - the turrets have blown up Paul 

Poor Paul! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Funnily enoug the Beeb and MetO have the heavy rain for midday tomorrow and noting else for the rest of the week.

Posted

Some people need to chill. As I see it the forecasts were pretty spot on for today. The weather is a dynamic event, so many parameters can change what you expect to what you get. It's not worth the moan.

As for personal insults I read above, is it really necessary? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I've really enjoyed the clouds here today, not used to such a high cloud base and the shadows in them were special. Too humid to even pick up my guitar never mind pick it!!!!! Still not out of hope for something later? As temps drop the humidity will rocket so who knows???

Rained on from a sunny sky to boot!!!!

Posted

Funnily enoug the Beeb and MetO have the heavy rain for midday tomorrow and noting else for the rest of the week.

NOTHING??? well what's happened there then!!

Some people need to chill. As I see it the forecasts were pretty spot on for today. The weather is a dynamic event, so many parameters can change what you expect to what you get. It's not worth the moan.

As for personal insults I read above, is it really necessary?

Chill??? Any suggestions gratefully received lol! :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning

post-20640-0-53944300-1435769509_thumb.p

Finally a storm fired in Ireland, I wonder what it will do next

Posted

Clouds look the best they have all day too.

Posted

NOTHING??? well what's happened there then!!

Chill??? Any suggestions gratefully received lol! :rofl:

One thing I need to chill on is Sat 24... B***dy missing frames! 

Edited by SnowMania
  • Like 2

Posted

All true of course Paul, but in Texas, there'll be another chance tomorrow or next week. Some here haven't had a proper storm for years, so every chance is a must, or it could be next June before the next chance!

I sometimes think it would be better if we went back to the 1980's in regards to not knowing what is in front of us, too much information is obviously just too much for some people and they take it as if Mother Nature is aiming directly for the 2 teabags between their legs (Get around that Swear Filter) when things dont go as planned IMBY, Will refrain from posting in here and leave it to Nick to put down the risks before he too scoots away and just light the touch paper. Other Mods will be along this evening I guess to clear up the whinging and moaning going on in this thread.

I find it hilarious how the MET are getting slammed just an hour and a half into their risk period.

Good luck all!

• Like 9

Posted

Is this a lull before the main event? It's the lowest lightning strike rate since this morning :)

I sometimes think it would be better if we went back to the 1980's in regards to not knowing what is in front of us, too much information is obviously just too much for some people and they take it as if Mother Nature is aiming directly for the 2 teabags between their legs (Get around that Swear Filter) when things dont go as planned IMBY, Will refrain from posting in here and leave it to Nick to put down the risks before he too scoots away and just light the touch paper. Other Mods will be along this evening I guess to clear up the whinging and moaning going on in this thread.

I find it hilarious how the MET are getting slammed just an hour and a half into their risk period.

Good luck all!

Or just ignore the ignoramuses ? Majority usually do and will. Pros like yourself have been in the thick of it, driven for hundreds of miles and still despite frustrations lack of results bounced right back. Like pros do!

Don't take the bait, hard sometimes but your input is invaluable, amongst others. Guess anyone can sit back in their armchairs and yes moan! Such is.

Edited by fazer76
  • Like 4

Posted

Exactly. Whilst Paul makes a good point, it's different when you live somewhere which very rarely gets thunderstorms and you can't chase them. The notion that someome can't be upset when there is such great potential but nothing happens is frankly ridiculous. Of course, it's unjustified to get annoyed at forecasters (thanks to Nick F, Paul & BrickFielder for all the first-class updates the past few days), but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be upset at a pretty much once-in-a-decade event going bust. I mean, if people are allowed to be upset/annoyed after their favourite football team loses, then why is it unacceptable for us to get annoyed over the weather?

It's because, in this instance, it's like people complaining about their football team losing after 10 minutes of playing.

Posted

Exactly. Whilst Paul makes a good point, it's different when you live somewhere which very rarely gets thunderstorms and you can't chase them. The notion that someome can't be upset when there is such great potential but nothing happens is frankly ridiculous. Of course, it's unjustified to get annoyed at forecasters (thanks to Nick F, Paul & BrickFielder for all the first-class updates the past few days), but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be upset at a pretty much once-in-a-decade event going bust. I mean, if people are allowed to be upset/annoyed after their favourite football team loses, then why is it unacceptable for us to get annoyed over the weather?

Good balanced views for both arguements snowman, but this is more than a one in 10 years event, see 28th June 2012 and 19th July 2014 for similar synoptics that delivered Supercell Thunderstorms with the same synoptics. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, funny thing is the goodies are still on the table for this evening, will it happen, thats upto Mother Nature.

Interesting thing going on in Ireland, they have had a very strong Cap, something has breached that Cap and there looks to be a strong thunderstorm sheared already going on over there, a late cap break is no bad thing if the cap has rebuilt in after the WAA action has cleared through

• Like 5

Posted

A little shower gone up NW of Stoke, Sun has finally come back out here too, and the cloudscapes are more 'broken'.

• Like 1

Posted

Can we get back to the storm discussion  :wallbash:

There is still time yet, I refuse to be beaten whilst it's still 30C outside, a lot of CAPE on offer and a front just knocking on our door from the west.

• Like 2

Posted

It's because, in this instance, it's like people complaining about their football team losing after 10 minutes of playing.

It's more like people complaining about their football team losing after half their players are sent off and they're 5 nil down in the first 10 minutes of play :p Seriously, it will be pretty hard for thunderstorms to form in this mess of periodic light rain.

• Like 1

Posted

A little shower gone up NW of Stoke, Sun has finally come back out here too, and the cloudscapes are more 'broken'.

I've got my eye on that, come on let it explode into life.