Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

The storms In the SW might be my best bet, after this clag clears in the next 30 mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Told ya they would Mature over you  :D

That you did paul lol but I now have no power! Do you think that'll be it for this area or more likely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yep can confirm a storm to our west here , literally just avoiding us and skirting away but looking black out to sea. Deep tumbles but this stuff is very elevated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The storm over the NE is Derby born and bred :D

Another narrow line of showers and sferics heading towards Brighton from the Channel.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 2

Posted

I'm keeping my eye on those SW Wales storms to! ~ Think a few are starting to make progress towards the SE Valleys!.. but I don't expect much from them.. .then I don't know what to expect haha

I'd say West Wales is in for a hammering - we could still get something yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

I've got it, but I've no idea how to get someone from a certain area :(

Go to the globe thing at the bottom when you load it up, then at the top it says map or list. select map and then zoom in to areas with storms.. Most of the Newcastle folks have started shut down as its moved north... but that's how you do it... 

Posted

Sferics further east in the channel too...I suspect these are just pop-fart storms as per last night.

Posted

Things are really kicking off over Cornwall and Pembrokshire now, something not forecast at all!

Its a good sign that storms are firing up where they were not forecast! More potential this evening folks! its still seriously hot out there!

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

Posted

My attentions turned to friday night now. Hopefully get something then. Would love to be up north under one of those storms right now though. They are humdingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I'm just thinking if no instability is present over Cornwall, then surely all these thunderstorms have been created by the convergence line sitting on that area, eventually that convergence line is to move westward and presume the storm risk moves along with it as it moves into more unstable air?

Feeling warm and muggy here now. 21.8°C 80% humidity.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

good storm over Newcastle area, lots of lighting, heavy rain

Posted

Hi Paul,

Any chance you could give an update on the situation over NW England & Southern Scotland? Bit worried now as only light rain seems to be forming. Is it a lot later thunderstorms were forecast or has the instability shifted much further east? Thanks.

Yep not over yet, the Storms just getting going in the Western Parts of Wales etc should run straight north through Aber, Bangor, Liverpool etc etc, and should ultimately follow the plume northwards towards Western Parts of Scotland.

Of course other storms could still fire over parts of England and move Northwards as we are approaching the hottest part of the day, would think its not over yet by a long shot

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Its a good sign that storms are firing up where they were not forecast! More potential this evening folks! its still seriously hot out there!

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

It is a good sign, even though I did see a bit of T&L this morning, I would love some more might have to wait till Friday Night now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Go to the globe thing at the bottom when you load it up, then at the top it says map or list. select map and then zoom in to areas with storms.. Most of the Newcastle folks have started shut down as its moved north... but that's how you do it... 

cheers, but just found out the android version doesn't have the map view! damn

Posted

My attentions turned to friday night now. Hopefully get something then. Would love to be up north under one of those storms right now though. They are humdingers

MetO have gone from severe thunderstorms, to thundery showers, to thundery rain. Who knows what to make of it, but there will be huge instability over France during the day Friday, all sweeping up across southern England from the south...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Friday night/Saturday AM will be epic :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Tony H...es livestream in mid Wales is looking ominous

http://llanwnnenweathercam.ddns.net:8080/

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Yep not over yet, the Storms just getting going in the Western Parts of Wales etc should run straight north through Aber, Bangor, Liverpool etc etc, and should ultimately follow the plume northwards towards Western Parts of Scotland.

Of course other storms could still fire over parts of England and move Northwards as we are approaching the hottest part of the day, would think its not over yet by a long shot

Thanks very much for the reply - that's what I like to hear :D Still find it confusing how there's almost 2000J/kg CAPE (according to NMM) over parts of Southern Scotland right now yet the rain hasn't intensified there at all. A few drops of rain here atm and temperature has fallen to 21℃.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Most Sferics from that storm thats just pushed through our region were pretty much elevated, plenty of lightning reaching the ground though. Thunder still crashing overhead but looks like Newcastle city centre was hit hardest, not the best storm ive ever seen but not bad here, sure people in Newcastle would probably disagree with me as the thunder boomed constantly.

• Like 1

Posted

That's good to hear Paul, keeping my faith then! The cruddy stuff west is clearing a little more, and its still 30C out there, even though there's been no sun for an hour or so.

Posted

Most Sferics from that storm thats just pushed through our region were pretty much elevated, plenty of lightning reaching the ground though. Thunder still crashing overhead but looks like Newcastle city centre was hit hardest, not the best storm ive ever seen but not bad here, sure people in Newcastle would probably disagree with me as the thunder boomed constantly.

Yh from the link Arnie just put up it looked very elevated indeed, no signs of a supercell with that cell at all unfortunately

MetO have gone from severe thunderstorms, to thundery showers, to thundery rain. Who knows what to make of it, but there will be huge instability over France during the day Friday, all sweeping up across southern England from the south...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Friday night/Saturday AM will be epic :D

Dont rule out a few flashes and bangs across the SE In the early hours Harry!

Posted

I'm thinking as this area of cloud/rain to the west edges further east this evening, big storms will ignite on the eastern side of it through the spine of the country (The pennines doing very well.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well my day was pants due to a broken part being given to me to install should have been finished by 1pm and just finished so no point chasing. Rather irritating I have to sit in this oppressive heat with no chance of a decent storm to clear the air.

I am serious when I say Friday had better deliver. Literally there is not other option now - I'm sick and tired of storms which fanny about next to where I am and don't get me started on AcCas - used to love it - but now when I see it I just know it means empty promises for three days then nothing to finish it all off.

Good to see SOMEONE's getting storms though. Seriously this country is pathetic.

Rant over. Now let's see some video of these storms... :-)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm thinking as this area of cloud/rain to the west edges further east this evening, big storms will ignite on the eastern side of it through the spine of the country (The pennines doing very well.)

Let's keep our fingers crossed HC. After the heat today, I think we deserve a nice storm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I'm in Chester let street too and was constant really was a brill storm.

Local newspaper has reports on aircraft diverting from the airport around the stor a cracking lightning strike in Gosforth

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/local-news/north-east-news-live-latest-9548511