Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Mid-Wales sparking into life...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

There are a few moans leaking their way into this thread, Just as a quick reminder, if you would like to have a moan about your lack of storms, can you please go to the following thread, and leave this one for convective discussion?

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83475-where-are-my-storms/

Thanks,

Scott

• Like 7

Seems like the dribs and drabs of the cloud are sat firmly in NW England into the midlands, east of the Pennines have lovely weather again. It actually feels more oppressive with the cloud, than without!

Yes, it has acted a bit like a lid and humidity has gone through the roof! More surges of strong thunderstorms expected later, overnight, tomorrow and beyond. Still, some will feel the need to bemoan this very idea because they've missed out so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

For the UK this warm air is incredible. I get a lot of evenings like this, usually pre-storm ones, in France, but this is great. The air is like it's been mechanically heated and the sun keeps popping out to top it up. Instead of the Chevin, we're thinking of going out for a cycle ride this evening. Just locally so that we can zoom back down hill if the storms start but taking in some good vantage points nonetheless.

I think everyone is being too impatient...!

Posted

Don't know what all the whimpering is about. Those N of Liverpool in NW England will see storms firing over the next couple of hours....these migrating NE. This was never meant to occur before 5pm anyway. I'd say those In Lancashire/Cumbria should get ready for some potentially severe weather over the next few hours.

But there wasn't mean to be complete cloud cover and light rain over these areas, which has prevented the build up of the huge CAPE values predicted earlier. I really hope you're right but just don't see it happening any more.

• Like 2

Posted

Its been the best summers day here for years, scorching heat, and a nice little storm earlier!

Im off to Bakewell for the evening but my eyes will be to the South for any more possible storms tonight

And as said, it looks like the stuff over Wales will start prepping up soon 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

A few showers have just made it in off the Channel into Sussex. They were thundery a while ago when over the sea so have potential to intensify, perhaps?

Posted

That's interesting, the bulk of the UK is still to the east of the cold front by 6am tomorrow on latest FAX.

I'm sure that previous FAX charts had the cold front moving through quicker.

Maybe it's been delayed for longer than we originally thought? That may mean that thunderstorms will be more widespread tomorrow, instead of today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Maybe it's been delayed for longer than we originally thought? That may mean that thunderstorms will be more widespread tomorrow, instead of today?

Well we were previously meant to stay dry tomorrow but rain moving up from the south has crept into the models now...then more on Friday (which has always been modelled for this spell)

Not sure what thundery potential there is though.

Posted

That's interesting, the bulk of the UK is still to the east of the cold front by 6am tomorrow on latest FAX.

Yes, that means another unstable day tomorrow, especially in the areas ahead of the front and directly on it, I cant really see cold air seeping in slowly in this case

Waitandsee

Ralph

Posted

To be fair though, they weren't really forecasted to initiate until the evening hours, since the Met Office warning didn't become active until 16:00. There's plenty of time yet. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I sat in Montana on the 18th June in a Moderate Risk.............................

End result : Not a single cloud

Mother Nature Won..............Get over it and move on

Did I moan and whine and cry, nope the synoptics were on the table, Large Destructive Hail, 5% Tornado Risk, and yet the stationery front simply did not fire and fizzled away. onions happens.

Remember your talking about an area here in England which is 1/5 the size of Texas and when that area is in a Slight Risk  I can guarantee you an area equivalent to the size of the Uk will not even see a storm, its still in the risk zone, perspective people please!

S*!t Happens really should be the motto for this board in terms of weather not doing as it should.

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I sat in Montana on the 18th June in a Moderate Risk.............................

End result : Not a single cloud

Mother Nature Won..............Get over it and move on

Did I moan and whine and cry, nope the synoptics were on the table, Large Destructive Hail, 5% Tornado Risk, and yet the stationery front simply did not fire and fizzled away. onions happens.

Remember your talking about an area here in England which is 1/5 the size of Texas and when that area is in a Slight Risk  I can guarantee you an area equivalent to the size of the Uk will not even see a storm, its still in the risk zone, perspective people please!

What the FCUK do you know about storms? all those made up numbers in your signature, i can also cut and paste from the SPC!

Edited by Crashlanding

Posted

What the feck do you know about storms? all those made up numbers in your signature, i can also cut and paste from the SPC!

:oops:  :rofl:

And Lauren Onions could happen of course!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

It feels as if I am standing in front of a hot air duct in the garden, it's so unbelievably hot out there. I really hope we get something down here in London, preferably kicking off at night for best effect!

What are the chances of seeing something in Watford or Uxbridge?

Posted

Very interesting, MetO wanted that cold front out of the way east by tomorrow morning.

Posted

Random elevated strike in Essex just now - Still got these Accas Turrets all over the skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Elevated eruptions to my East...that will upset northerners without storms I'm sure! Any consolation, they aren't coming my way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

:oops:  :rofl:

And Lauren Onions could happen of course!

You upsetting people again lol. Perhaps he does not know about your storm chasing in the USA

Edited by Condor Vitesse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Random elevated strike in Essex just now - Still got these Accas Turrets all over the skies.

Nope - the turrets have blown up Paul and more behind it...GFS may have nailed this!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Very interesting, MetO wanted that cold front out of the way east by tomorrow morning.

Hence now we're seeing precipitation being modelled for tomorrow. Doesn't look to be too much instability in association but could hear a rumble or two in some parts.